PDA

View Full Version : New textures for the LIC Champion Tri-Traveler for.zip

Cazzie
September 16th, 2012, 16:24
A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category FSX Skins

Description: This is an entirely new repaint of the Cream and tan Champion Tri-Traveler that I sent to Kevin to include for the Beta package of his LIC Champion Tri-Traveler 7AF for FS2004. This repaint is for FS2004 only and not meant for FSX. I did not like the drab and pale nature of the Cream color in the original paint, so I gave it a little more yellow and brighter pastel cream. I also fixed the lines and marking using vestor graphics in lieu of my former raster graphics, you will note a great deal better resolution. The area between the wing and aileron ribbing was treated to a "Huub Vink" treatment of shading and highlighting. which really brings out this area in FS2004. I also used the propwash and tire I worked up for "Charlie Brown" and a special wood treatment instrument panel. Thanks Kevin for this treat, using new tricks I have learned from the pros for better results and wish to pass them on for other affectionados in the Champ Camp. Installation: There are two texture packages enclosed in the zip, one a set of .bmp textures for FS2004 and one a set of .DDS DXT5 textures for FSX. A small thumbnail .jpg is in the FSX textures for it's ID and a Notepad Texture.cfg also enclosed. If you already have this in the LIC Champion 7AF Tri-Traveler in either sim, simply open the N7557B folder, then extract the textures within the zip into the existing N7557B folder and overwrite what is there. For FSX, extract the entire folder and overwite the folder when prompted. (Note: Open your FSX > SimObjects > Airplanes > LIC Champion 7FC > Texture. N7557B folder and see if any bitmaps image are there, all usually are. Delete all .bmp images and be careful not to delete any .DDS images). If you do not have it, but have the Champion 7AF Tri-Traveler, copy any folder and paste it back. Rename it Texture.N7557B. Extract the textures in the zip folder into this Texture.N7557B folder and overwrite when prompted. Again, follow the information above for FSX. Caz

by Cazzie (2009-04-14 16:38:40)

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit New textures for the LIC Champion Tri-Traveler for.zip (http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/local_links.php?linkid=8493&catid=3)
The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.