PDA

View Full Version : Wanted: 1 TEAM KBT L-188 Electra

falcon409
September 12th, 2012, 20:16
I'm beginning to think that this particular version was never done for FS9. I have the FSX version, but I have done searches on Avsim and flightsim.com for an FS9 with no luck at all which seems a little strange as KBT did the Electra years ago, or so I thought. I only need the base version with the Eastern Airlines livery. I'm using it for AI. If anyone has an idea of where I can download it, just let me know. Thanks!:salute:

Matt Wynn
September 12th, 2012, 22:28
Falcon as i recall the L-188 was only done for FSX, the P-3 'Orion' series was done for FS9 as i recall.... shame really as i really wanted a great L-188 with VC for FS9....

falcon409
September 13th, 2012, 04:02
Thanks Matt, I was afraid that was going to be the case. :salute:

Taco
September 13th, 2012, 04:30
Hi Ed,

Check out Calclassic for the L-188.

Jim

Sid2008
September 13th, 2012, 05:55
Ok, there is a freeware source code for L-188 Electra II for FSDS.
I took the source code and put a VC in it.
The gauges are all default Cessna, Boeing 737 type.
I am not a gauge maker.
When I am done, i will make the total aircraft available for FS9 including the FSDS fils so some of you more polished and accomplished airplane makers can beautify it.

BTW, how do you upload pics in this forum? i would like to upload some pice for this electra.
Sid

Jagdflieger
September 13th, 2012, 08:21
Sid,

Uploading photos and screen shots is pretty easy.

After composing your post, scroll down a bit until you see the "Manage Attachments" button. Click on it and you'll get a "Manage Attachments" window (see below) with options to upload files from your computer. Click on a "Browse" button and then select the folder on your computer where your photo is stored at. Highlight the photo and then click "Upload."

Save the post and you'll see your photo or screen shot displayed.

A second option is to upload your photos from a site like Photo Bucket. If that's what you want to do, that is also easy enough, but I'll defer to someone who regularly uses this option as I only use it ocasionally.

Jagdflieger
September 13th, 2012, 08:34
Falcon,

The Calclassics Electra works well, as do all of their AI aircraft. I just saw a couple last night in Western Airlines livery while on a flight in Southern California. They have a slew of paints for it too, all depicting aircraft from the 60s.

Here's a link to Calclassics AI page.

http://www.calclassic.com/AIAircraft.htm

File four contains the L-188 Electra and there is an Eastern Airlines livery in the pack.

[fltsim.11]
title=AI L-188 Eastern

Here is the link to the base pack for Lockheed L-188.

http://www.calclassic.com/electra.htm

tgibson
September 14th, 2012, 13:44
Thanks for the help. :)

Tom Gibson
CalClassic Propliners