PDA

View Full Version : P4M Mercator version 2.0 coming soon

this4dave2
September 5th, 2012, 07:25
Hi All:

Just wanted to let you know there is a version 2.0 of the P4M Mercator in work and will be released soon.

It will have a completely new 2D panel with pop up control wheel, pedestal, and others not yet created see the screen shot.

It will have a completely new Virtual Cockpit which can be seen in the two screen shots identified as new vc.

It has completely new mapping and an overhaul of the exterior textures. This will allow those who wish to do textures they would like to see.

It also will have at least one what if texture which is a P4M Fire Bomber. I feel if this aircraft went into full production it would have been used in this way just the same as it predecessor and successor was used. The paint scheme is fictional but it is paint scheme that the Aero Union P2V had.

I hope this version will be as well recieved as the the original release was.

David Wooster

Sunny9850
September 5th, 2012, 08:06
Looking great Dave....I am certainly going to add her to the collection.

Stefan

Blackbird686
September 5th, 2012, 09:02
WOW!!! What a tramsformation from the original! I like the new cockpit, David... and the ol' Merc wears the Aero Union paint very well. :medals:

I will be adding this one to my virtual hangars for sure.

BB686:USA-flag:

Jagdflieger
September 5th, 2012, 17:01
That's a most impressive update! Those long flights over the Eastern Baltic and along the Kamchatka Peninsula will be a bit easier with the upgraded spy plane.

wbuchart
September 5th, 2012, 17:17
PS: I still fly his wonderfull Bell Airacomet on a regular basis.

hawkeye52
September 5th, 2012, 18:13
David, new mapping means the original AUTHENTIC gloss-sea-blue and flat-black skins of v.1 will not be useable on v.2. Has someone come forward to re-create those real-life skins for v.2?

- H52

this4dave2
September 5th, 2012, 20:03
David, new mapping means the original AUTHENTIC gloss-sea-blue and flat-black skins of v.1 will not be useable on v.2. Has someone come forward to re-create those real-life skins for v.2?

- H52

You are right the original V.1 skins will not be useable for V.2.

However I have revised the original gloss-sea blue and flat black skins for the new mapping and added panel lines.
The V.2 will look visually just like the V.1 textures. There is a lot more texture files than there was for V.1. you can see one of the new version of the original textures in the second attachment and a what if texture I created in the last attachment.

This will now allow any one who would like to will beable to do what if textures or modify the textures if desired.

I hope I have answered your question for you.

there is still a lot of work to do but i am getting close so i thought it would be a good idea to let the SOH folks know what is in the works.

David

hawkeye52
September 6th, 2012, 14:31
I have revised the original gloss-sea blue and flat black skins for the new mapping and added panel lines. The V.2 will look visually just like the V.1 textures.

That is good news. What actually motivated my question regarding the original skins was your # 2 attachment, where the blue does not appear as dark as in the original version.

- h52

this4dave2
September 6th, 2012, 16:06
That is good news. What actually motivated my question regarding the original skins was your # 2 attachment, where the blue does not appear as dark as in the original version.

- h52

:redf::redf::redf: You are right the color is lighter than it should be HOW EMBEARRASSING.

It will be corrected before V.2 is released.

Thank you so much for pointing it out to me I really appreciate it.

I am glad I will be able to fix it now with a lot less embarrassment.

thanks again h52
David