PDA

View Full Version : Payakan Hawk P-36

braveheart77521
September 3rd, 2012, 10:14
I was recently reviewing my P-36 aircraft and came across Sophwith Cameleons conversion of payakans Hawk for FS2009. However, there is no VC for this aircraft. I tried to find the original on the internet, but I am not having any luck. I thought I might convert the original and see it it has a VC. Does anyone have a revised model file or can they tell me where to find the original? Anyhelp would be appreciated,

Braveheart

misson
September 3rd, 2012, 12:45
Hello brave , if u donŽt find it, may u can force a VC with a exeditor. :wavey:
(tell me where can I find it and IŽll send u the model with VC , but not working gauges)

msfossey
September 3rd, 2012, 19:55
Hello brave , if u donŽt find it, may u can force a VC with a exeditor. :wavey:
(tell me where can I find it and IŽll send u the model with VC , but not working gauges)

Look for it on SC's site, page 4. He has done some amazing skins for CFS2.

Hope this helps,
msfossey

joeyjet87
September 4th, 2012, 11:33
I haven't been able to find a vc for this bird either. Any body figure it out?

misson
September 4th, 2012, 14:20
This is the VC forced with exeditor, not the best but it helps in combat specially when u lock the target and u need the horizon, while you can use to navigate the 2d.

joeyjet87
September 6th, 2012, 14:11
Hey Mission! Uh, I'm embarrased to ask this but which Exeditor did you use or which one are you referring to? I can live with this vc. It's better than nothing! There are some other aircraft like J.R.Lucariny's P-51's that i could apply this to. Please let me know. Is it tricky to apply?

misson
September 6th, 2012, 16:28
Hey Mission! Uh, I'm embarrased to ask this but which Exeditor did you use or which one are you referring to? I can live with this vc. It's better than nothing! There are some other aircraft like J.R.Lucariny's P-51's that i could apply this to. Please let me know. Is it tricky to apply? Ok Joyjet, it doesŽnt matter which exeditor ( I use HxD Hex Editor by Maël Hörz and it is free) . the important thing is to find this line: 00 68 00 02 00 in the model file, and replace the 02 by a 03 and save changes. after that uŽll need open the aircraft file and find the view position , make changes to get the best VC view. I have not found anything, this is thanks to SIMONU explained that a long time ago. and its aplicable to all planes lacking VC.
:wavey:

braveheart77521
September 9th, 2012, 17:10
I would like to thank mission and others who tried to solve my problem. The payakan P-36 does not seem to have a VC file. Is there a way to add a virtual cockpit from another plane, such as Scubs P-4o tomahawk?

Braveheart:jump:

misson
September 9th, 2012, 17:39
I would like to thank mission and others who tried to solve my problem. The payakan P-36 does not seem to have a VC file. Is there a way to add a virtual cockpit from another plane, such as Scubs P-4o tomahawk?

Braveheart:jump: Hi Brave ! u right , this model came without VC. To add a VC requires a lot of work and perhaps the model resource . I have not the knowledge or source . but here u got your model with VC with not working gauges.:wavey:

Typhoon Willy
September 9th, 2012, 20:05
Mission,

Thank you for bringing to our attention how to add a vc using a hex edit program (and also to Simonu for the discovery)! I've deleted a lot of planes due to lack of vc and now I've been busy adding them. Not hard once you understand how to use the hex edit program. Now if I only knew how to run mdl files through GMAX!

Kind regards,

TW

misson
September 10th, 2012, 14:16
Mission,

Now if I only knew how to run mdl files through GMAX!

Kind regards,

TW Yeah ! I know too . Good luck

normb
September 15th, 2012, 06:14
What great news! Thanks for sharing the tip about using the hex editor. I fly FS9 and like to look out the sides and see the wings and engines. ( A habbit from real world flying..) I tried it on a couple of Mike Stone and Paul Clawson's early models. Great! Now I'm sorry I deleted a number of birds because you couldn't see the bird from inside.

Any other tips for the average user?

Thanks again.