PDA

View Full Version : Burnout affects everyone from time to time...

Rami
September 3rd, 2012, 10:09
Hey guys,

With the start of the school year, I'm taking a hiatus from CFS2 for at least a few weeks. I'm in the process of finishing up an update to the Corpo Aereo Italiano / Chianti Raiders, (it's only fair after doing the Battle of Britain) and so all ETO projects I've done to this point will finally be shelved, this time for keeps.

I checked the stocks, and between the two theatres there are now a total of 668 missions for Early and Late War Europe that I have produced or overhauled over the last four years.

I've been consulting privately with several CFS2 members about possible projects I can do, but I will keep those to myself for now. I'm in the mood for something original, but at the moment, I need to recharge.

Captain Kurt
September 3rd, 2012, 11:29
Been there, done that. Take care and thanks for all the work you've done. :USA-flag:

Robert John
September 3rd, 2012, 11:47
Hi Rami,

Thank you for all the work you have put in, CFS2 would not be the same with out you.

Hope you enjoy your hiatus and here from you when you are back.

RJ

Rami
September 3rd, 2012, 11:59
Hi Rami,

Thank you for all the work you have put in, CFS2 would not be the same with out you.

Hope you enjoy your hiatus and here from you when you are back.

RJ

RJ,

I'll still be in the forums, I just won't be working on any missions for a while. My heart is not in it at the moment...

Worthless
September 3rd, 2012, 13:21
By all means. Get away for a while. You deserve it. Personally I'm headed to the beach.

stuart277
September 3rd, 2012, 13:29
Hi Rami,

The start of the school year is always very busy. Hang on, pretty well all of the school year is very busy.

All the best to you and thanks for all of your work.

Cheers,

Stuart:salute:

Discus
September 3rd, 2012, 14:08
With all that you have been doing "lately" it would take a superhuman not to be burned out! Thanks for all your missions, campaigns, layout and gls sceneries and instalation guides you have provided us, and thanks also for being a superb librarian. Recharge your batteries and enjoy whatever suits you. Time will tell what comes next.

Cheers, Discus

Jagdflieger
September 3rd, 2012, 17:15
I've been watching the wife get ready for the new school year as well as moving into a new school building. It's enough to keep a boy scout troop busy. Better take the time to get ready for the new school year as that's what pays the bills.

Hern07
September 4th, 2012, 22:37
take a break, you deserve one. Thanks for all the geat work over the years. Come back well rested and even better. :applause: :medals:

Ghostrider
September 6th, 2012, 15:54
Cheers for a well-deserved :sleep:!

Rami
September 9th, 2012, 18:33
Hey guys,

I am happy to report that I finished "mothballing" all of my Early and Late ETO campaigns, (with the exception of two Battle for Europe missions, which are awaiting scenery being developed for St. Nazaire) so all of the readme files, as well as the GSL ports for Europe, have been updated on my backup drive. I'll be uploading the revised packages in the next couple of days.

That shuts down three of my CFS2 theatres for revisions, meaning I can focus on new projects. (ETO Early, ETO Late, MTO Late)

The new GSL ports will include two new ones I developed for the Heinkels campaign, (Namsos and Lerwick) as well as the one I did for Stuart277, (Bodoe, Norway) and the port at Bergen, Norway.

For the time being, the break can begin in earnest, now that the work is done.