PDA

View Full Version : Something changed....

sc7500
September 3rd, 2012, 04:22
All of a sudden, new posts are not showing up in BOLD.

This sorta makes it tough for codgers with bad eyesight like ME to see the newest posts.

[BESIDES looking at the dates, smart-ass.....]

Is this something that happened across the board, or do I need to change a setting on my end ?

SC
:kilroy:

bearcat241
September 3rd, 2012, 06:59
SC, i'm using Firefox mainly these days and everything seems normal on this particular note for me. Could be your browser's session cookies and/or persistent caching function. Maybe deleting your cookies and temporary internet cache and re-logging in again will correct the problem.

sc7500
September 3rd, 2012, 08:09
...i'm using Firefox mainly these days and everything seems normal on this particular note for me. Could be your browser's session cookies and/or persistent caching function. Maybe deleting your cookies and temporary internet cache and re-logging in again will correct the problem...

I've been using Firefox for years now, and I clear cookies regularly.

I'll try clearing them here on SOH [at the bottom of the page] and see if it helps - Thanx BC !
SC

Rami
September 3rd, 2012, 09:25
Good afternoon,

I clean my cookies on a daily basis, and with Firefox 15, I am not getting the boldfaced threads either.

sc7500
September 3rd, 2012, 09:48
...I clean my cookies on a daily basis, and with Firefox 15, I am not getting the boldfaced threads either...

I just "Auto-Upgraded" to FF 15 and lost my Forward and Back buttons yesterday....

I think I might need an Intervention.....
:isadizzy:

SC

bearcat241
September 3rd, 2012, 10:13
Good afternoon,

I clean my cookies on a daily basis, and with Firefox 15, I am not getting the boldfaced threads either.

Yeah...15.0 is what i have too, but with no probs. Its not the site here, but something in your systems.

sc7500
September 3rd, 2012, 13:30
Well HECK...

I tried it with all my add-ons disabled, no joy...

I reset all my toolbars to [DEFAULT].... Nada.

For the time being, I'm gonna increase the font size to something "readible" and make the best of it.... :blind:

Joy !
SC

p14u2nv
September 3rd, 2012, 21:09
I'm running IE8 and it's happened a few times to me too in the last 2 weeks or so...

Also use Vista 64 if that adds any insight. :USA-flag:

sc7500
September 5th, 2012, 17:07
... Without any FanFare...

My Bolds Have Returned !

What manner of Sorcery Is THIS ????? :jump:

SC

Captain Kurt
September 5th, 2012, 19:55
Gone again tonight for me - I use Firefox too. :isadizzy:

sc7500
September 6th, 2012, 06:24
... The Boldface was gone again this AM....

Man, confusing isn't even the right word...

aeronca1
September 6th, 2012, 08:24
All well here with Firefox 15.0