PDA

View Full Version : Ports for Asia and Pacific

Talon
August 26th, 2012, 14:43
While we are sailing back home ( should be home next weekend ) I decided to do some Ports for CFS2.So far I have the Ports at Rangoon and Hong Kong done. Rabaul,Truk and Haiphong just need the Port Cranes put in.I am also doing work on Harbors in Japan.

Other things I'm working on.

For the DCG I have redone the Burma42 ( AVG ) Camapign,Guadalcanal42 Campaign and I'm doing a Rabaul Campaign and have a CATF Campaign almost finished. I know not many people fool around with the DCG anymore and the new people probably don't even know what it is.:icon_lol:

I fly the DCG Campaigns most of the time.

Jagdflieger
August 26th, 2012, 14:52
I hope the cruise is going well Al.

We'll be looking forward to the Harbors. Can you also post them as a .lay file?

Talon
August 26th, 2012, 15:03
I hope the cruise is going well Al.

We'll be looking forward to the Harbors. Can you also post them as a .lay file?

I can post them as a lay file if you want. Right now I have them as both a GSL File and a layout file for Rangoon and Hong Kong. With Xaviers scenery they fit right in.

Worthless
August 26th, 2012, 15:55
How about a few pics to wet our appetite.

rhumbaflappy
August 26th, 2012, 16:44
I think Rabaul's volcano needs a flatten. It destroyed the town and the airfield after WW2. :)

Dick

Rami
August 26th, 2012, 16:49
Talon,

Congrats on giving the Pacific some much-needed upgrades. I'm sure they will be as good as your work at Port Moresby. I would encourage you to make sure to place hyperlinks in your readme file, fee free to pillage my work if need be.

Talon
August 26th, 2012, 18:02
Talon,

Congrats on giving the Pacific some much-needed upgrades. I'm sure they will be as good as your work at Port Moresby. I would encourage you to make sure to place hyperlinks in your readme file, fee free to pillage my work if need be.

To much work to put in Hyperlinks.Only thing Hyper is me.Everything they need is here at SOH in the CFS2 scenery.I'm not going to put ship layouts in the package until I decide which work best for it.

Talon
August 27th, 2012, 17:52
Port at Rangoon,I couldn't put it at it's real location because the river and Harbor are not in CFS2.

Hong Kong,Haiphong,Truk and Rabaul at least have Harbors.:icon_lol:

SgtT
August 28th, 2012, 02:20
Great job! They will be some fantastic additions to CFS2.

T.

Jagdflieger
August 28th, 2012, 07:02
Lookin good Al.

Worthless
August 28th, 2012, 07:38
Very nice pics. I'm going to have to brush up on my history about wartime Burma. I know it was a major combat theater, but I've neglected to read much about it. And I can't depend on the movies for accuracy. Anyone know some good books so I can be ready when, or if a new campaign is created?

Talon
August 28th, 2012, 10:32
Very nice pics. I'm going to have to brush up on my history about wartime Burma. I know it was a major combat theater, but I've neglected to read much about it. And I can't depend on the movies for accuracy. Anyone know some good books so I can be ready when, or if a new campaign is created?

I have an idea Worthless,after you do some reading on the CBI you can make a new Campaign.:icon_lol:

Worthless
August 28th, 2012, 12:16
I'm ok building simple missions, but campaigns are probably beyond me. Still,......it's a thought. Thanks Talon. I may do just that.

Talon
August 28th, 2012, 12:55
I'm ok building simple missions, but campaigns are probably beyond me. Still,......it's a thought. Thanks Talon. I may do just that.

Simple missions are fine,most of my missions are just basic and simple.If you post any you may get advice how to make better missions.

Talon
August 28th, 2012, 13:21
Pics at Haiphong.

sc7500
August 28th, 2012, 13:29
...Pics at Haiphong...

MAN - You do some nice scenery work...!

Talon
August 29th, 2012, 08:49
Hong Kong which I'm still working on.

onnogras
August 29th, 2012, 14:02
Looking good!

Jagdflieger
August 29th, 2012, 19:02
I agree!

Talon
August 30th, 2012, 11:03
Here's some pics of Kure in 1945.I found the coordinates for the ships in harbor and pics of the facilities.

UncleTgt
August 30th, 2012, 13:19
Hi Talon,

Good work as always.
:applause:
Are you thinking of trying the carrier raids in spring '45 eg The Wolfgang (Air Group 84) over Kure, March 19 1945? :greenf:

Interested to know if that's "old" mesh or Rhumbas new... Japan is a problem area in plenty of my installs, even some of the old FS mesh was pretty screwed up.:angryfir:

Talon
August 30th, 2012, 14:59
Hi Talon,

Good work as always.
:applause:
Are you thinking of trying the carrier raids in spring '45 eg The Wolfgang (Air Group 84) over Kure, March 19 1945? :greenf:

Interested to know if that's "old" mesh or Rhumbas new... Japan is a problem area in plenty of my installs, even some of the old FS mesh was pretty screwed up.:angryfir:

Actually it's stock.I just tried some old mesh I had and the ships and docks are under ater,LOL.Which is the new Rhumba mesh for that area? I have most of his mesh but haven't used it yet.

Talon
August 30th, 2012, 19:09
I put in Rumbas new mesh and made a few adjustments to Harbor.Everything looks fine now.

I have no plans for attacks on Japan right now.As a matter of fact I'm taking a break from mission building for awhile.I may just keep making more ports for CFS2 in the Pacific.

Talon
September 2nd, 2012, 09:41
I just uploaded my ports.There are 7 of them and a GSL for Hankow.

Ports are.

In China

Canton

Hong Kong

In Burma

Rangoon

In Indochina

Haiphohong

In Japan

Kure in 1945 and it includes a layout file for ships

Also ther is Truk for Uncletgt new scenery and Rabaul.

Hopefully Rami approves it soon.Sometimes if it's not Europe or the Med. He gets forgetful.

Talon

Rami
September 2nd, 2012, 10:21
Talon,

Outstanding work, I approved it immediately. This is a great addition for the Pacific! :salute:

Captain Kurt
September 2nd, 2012, 14:56
Nice stuff Al. When I move back to the Pacific again I'll be using it.:wavey:

msfossey
September 2nd, 2012, 20:06
Thanks Talon, your work greatly enchances CFS2. It's very much appreciated.

msfossey

kelticheart
September 5th, 2012, 10:10
Thank you so much!

Exactly when I was starting to think that CFS2 had come the other way around since back in the early days, when Europe was scenery-poor! The PTO was starting to suffer a little with all the GSL work being done in the ETO, but this will balance it.

Great job! :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:

Cheers!
KH :ernae:

p14u2nv
September 8th, 2012, 16:15
Thanks Talon, I appreciate your excellent work.

CrisGer
September 14th, 2012, 18:37
fantastic, i have hoped for some good ports for Japan for years. thanks so much for doing this talon! hope your cruise home goes well..or went well if you have already dropped anchor
. :medals:

Talon
September 16th, 2012, 07:35
Some pics of Darwin and Manila.I'm still workimg on them.

Shadow Wolf 07
September 16th, 2012, 07:46
Talon:

looks good, Can I assume you are using the stock coastlines for Manila Bay? f so, I have a Manila layout that I used several times in the Essex CV-9 campaign. You can pirate what you want from it if you want... piers & wharves, storage facilities, fuel tanks etc, using mostly LW, Pen32Win, XavierB and Wolfi objects.. You'd have to move the AA guns and ships if you want to make it a GSL though.

Jagdflieger
September 16th, 2012, 09:20
Lookin' good Al. They'll certainly liven up those locations.

Several years ago, I made some standard dock and warehouse facilities and by making layout files of them, I can reuse them as needed and as they are pretty generic, I can fit them into my missions using the Mission Builder quite easily. While they don't match the detail of your specific scenery files, they are easy to use and can fit into many of those un-named or bypassed harbors of the Pacific.

Like Shadow Wolf, I'll be glad to send you my layouts and you can pillage and burn them as you see fit. They are all set up for the stock MS coastlines, but as layout files can be manipulated as far as lat-long and axis, that shouldn't matter when used with Rhumba's mesh.

I think my next layout project will be to try and replicate "Big Bay" on the north side of Espiritu Santo in the New Hebrides (now Vanuatu). Many of the ships participating in the Solomon's campaign were repaired or replenished there. I was there on an assignment in the 90s, but there wasn't anything left of the facility. I'll base that layout on the floating docks that Psullykeys made for us several years ago.

Talon
September 16th, 2012, 09:50
When you get a chance please send me your layout files.I think it's about time to populate the Pacific.

I have layout files for everything I've done also.

Eventually I will get tp Tokyo Bay.

Rami
September 16th, 2012, 10:10
Al,

Allow me to pass along my congrats and encouragement for taking up the mantle and doing some harbors and facilities for the Pacific. Given the roots of CFS2, I'm sure that this will be well-appreciated, and I'm happy to see others donating their talents and resources to help you in this effort.

Carry on! :salute: