PDA

View Full Version : heads up! Demoiselle

Motormouse
September 2nd, 2012, 00:41
For all fans of early flyers ( and those magnificent men in their flying machines )
over at Simviation.

Ttfn

Pete

aardvark62
September 2nd, 2012, 04:05
Just a tip - I had to change the download extension from .zip to .rar to be able to open it. Haven't yet tried it.

A.

Motormouse
September 2nd, 2012, 04:19
Ah.. I have Winrar open all files by default.

ttfn

Pete

PutPut
September 2nd, 2012, 08:56
Ah.. I have Winrar open all files by default.

ttfn

Pete

Gee, mine opened just fine with Winzip. Fun machine to put put around the field.

Best, Paul

SSI01
September 2nd, 2012, 09:23
No dice w/Winzip, changed suffix to .rar and pieced into a hand-made folder. Very nice little flier, lots of forward pressure required on the stick to maintain level flight, backing off on the throttle helps some. No trim adjustments fore-and-aft I could find. Takes some getting used to, no panel at all but it's an awesome view. All-in-all a very nice little package!

magoo
September 2nd, 2012, 09:46
Look online for 7zip. It's a free utility, will open rar and zip. It's all I use now.

Navtech
September 2nd, 2012, 15:28
no panel at all but it's an awesome view. All-in-all a very nice little package!
Yes .. no panel .. and is strange as in the readme .....

README - Demoiselle V2.0

by Marcel & Marco Di Foggi
- INSTALLATION
Just unzip the files into an temporary folder and copy the "Demoiselle" into your FS2004 folder.
- FEATURES
Updated Version with highly detailed virtual cockpit
Moving parts
Rolling Wheels
Exclusive Aircraft.cfg file

And ...

Final and updated version of Marcel & Marco Di Foggi's Demoiselle. After years inactive, we decided to update our model of this wonderful aircraft to a more detailed and historical version. Ideal for those who want to enjoy a calm and panoramical flight in mankind's first ultralight, from a highly detailed and immersive virtual cockpit. If anyone wants to add/modify flight parameters to fit a specific purpose, please, feedback the results to us, we aprecciate suggestions and improvements. Demoiselle Nš22 - Santos Dummont Recreated in FSDS v3 for FS2004 and possibly (not tested) FSX - by Marcel & Marco Di Foggi.
Methink the uploader (author) made a mistake about the uploaded archive ....

Edit:
Mail send to author ...

Navtech
September 3rd, 2012, 11:27
About the missing panel (Author answer)

Thanks in advance for downloading our plane and feeding back to us!
Now, to your point
Indeed, there is no panel for the plane... I thought a lot about it while working and made my research in our museums (I'm brazilian)
and if you take a close look at the model, actually you'll see that there is no panel
at the time the Demoiselle was made, there were no airspeed gauges, nor altitude gauges, nothing.
The only thing this plane has is a wheel for controlling the rudder, a lever for the elevator, and a small lever for throttle
the are no ailerons as well (to make turns he bent the wings from it's cables)
so, in the real Demoiselle, there were no gauges nor panels
taking this into account, I decided to put the few mechanisms this plane has in the Virtual Cockpit.
the aircraft is complete in that camera, so you can see the use of the levers and the wheel more realistically
When you start a flight from the cockpit, press the key for the camera once (default 'S') - then you'll see exactly what Santos Dummont saw when flying it
well, to put those views into a 2D panel would just supress the reality of the flight, so I decided to leave the 2D panel out (and also because there are no gauges to put in it)

Jagdflieger
September 5th, 2012, 20:13
I had the original Demoiselle installed a couple of years ago and forgot how much fun these little planes are. This new version is even better than the first one.

I'll have to look into the flight model a bit to reduce the amount of forward stick pressue needed to keep it from stalling, but other than that, it's a hoot to fly about.

Apparently the stelth qualities of canvas and wood had the local Luftwaffe base a bit upset and they scrambled a Phantom to investigate the flying contraption before it posed a threat on the Franco-German border.

hawkeye52
September 6th, 2012, 13:53
The slipstream will tear that bug to shreds. :cowboy:

- H52

Jagdflieger
September 6th, 2012, 19:23
Well the slipstream was managable, but when he went to full burner it ruptured the old ear drums.:pop4: