PDA

View Full Version : Reinstallation woes.

AndyG43
August 31st, 2012, 10:51
So, decided it was time to get back in the saddle & reinstall CFS3 in it's various flavours; cleared myself plenty of space on my hard drive, went on a merry download spree and started the installations. I now have a vanilla CFS3.1 (to be used as the basis for other versions), my own Firepower enhanced version, Korea and ETO; I also have PTO and Pat's BoB waiting in my queue.

But, however hard I try, I can't get MAW installed; every attempt to do so triggers off all sorts of virus alerts and the files cease working - I'm using AVG Free, and have downloaded the source files several times. Any thoughts, or links to a version which will not trigger these issues?

Also, a separate question; my old Saitek X-52 stick died and I really coudn't afford to splash out on a new X-52 Pro, so I purchased a cheaper Saitek stick - not as nice as the X-52, but does the job. So, before I set up a profile myself, does anybody else here use the Cyborg X and, if so, do you have a profile I could ....erm ... borrow?

Hoping you wonderful people will be able to help.

hairyspin
August 31st, 2012, 11:16
Turn off AVG, it's giving you false alarms. You may have to turn off net access at the same time for safety's sake but I've never come across any virus problem with the MAW downloads.

Or find out how to get AVG to allow MAW programs to run - it's done with exclusions (http://vectrosecurity.com/content/view/111/26/).

AndyG43
August 31st, 2012, 11:18
Turn off AVG, it's giving you false alarms. You may have to turn off net access at the same time for safety's sake but I've never come across any virus problem with the MAW downloads.

Or find out how to get AVG to allow MAW programs to run - it's done with exclusions (http://vectrosecurity.com/content/view/111/26/).

Thanks, will retry over the weekend.

AndyG43
September 2nd, 2012, 07:24
Sorted, thank you.

Pat Pattle
September 2nd, 2012, 09:13
Good to see you back Andy.