PDA

View Full Version : UTX Tropical American & Caribbean released ( Payware)

papab
August 27th, 2012, 11:37
You can get it here:
http://www.scenerysolutions.com/UtxTAC.html

Rick

trevytt2004
August 27th, 2012, 15:16
You can get it here:
http://www.scenerysolutions.com/UtxTAC.html

Rick

Last time i checked...Trinidad & Tobago is part of the caribbean.....but they decided to leave us out.......oh well..no purchase from me.

Greetings from Tobago.....(thats in the Caribbean for the guys at UTX)

FAC257
August 27th, 2012, 15:50
UTX-Tac is one of the new releases I've really been looking forward too. I spend the largest percentage of my flight time south of the border. That's the Florida/Georgia border BTW. :)

Being stuck inside from the tropical storm rolling by, I splurged and bought the UTX-TAC, The GEX Tropics and the new FSG Cuba mesh. Dumped all in and having been flying the entire area for the last few days.

The combo has completely transformed a very large area that I knew like the back of my hand.

A huge two thumbs up from my end.

-------------------------------

As a side effect, it made me think about re-installing my copy of GEX-NA, and paying closer attention to the install instructions than I did first two times I tried it. Now I've got UTX-US, my FSG meshes for Florida and now with GEX-NA finally all working correctly for the first time ever.

Great Stuff!

FAC

Reddog
August 27th, 2012, 16:21
I have it, BUT if u have addon airport scenery for any of the airports in it they probably won't work. seems UT moved a whole bunch of airports(the default ones), and land masses too. Alot of the airports are no longer where they were in default FSX and if u disable them in UT, and u can, so your addon ones work u could find them out in the water or part way on land. Wish I knew this before spending the money for it.

Reddog
August 27th, 2012, 16:23
I have it, BUT if u have addon airport scenery for many of the airports in it they probably won't work. seems UT moved a whole bunch of airports(the default ones), and land masses too. Alot of the airports are no longer where they were in default FSX and if u disable them in UT, and u can, so your addon ones work u could find them out in the water or part way on land. Wish I knew this before spending the money for it.

CG_1976
August 27th, 2012, 16:47
Hum might have to sit this out. I prize my Cuban Taxi2Gate addon's. No way am I going to loose Havanna MUHA my crown Jewel.

quantumleap
August 29th, 2012, 20:07
I have it, BUT if u have addon airport scenery for any of the airports in it they probably won't work. seems UT moved a whole bunch of airports(the default ones), and land masses too. Alot of the airports are no longer where they were in default FSX and if u disable them in UT, and u can, so your addon ones work u could find them out in the water or part way on land. Wish I knew this before spending the money for it.
You have to remember that the whole purpose of UTX products is to put roads/railroads/coastlines/water features where they really are geographically. A lot of what you would see in default FSX in this area is completely in the wrong place, and that includes a large number of the airports. This is why UTX TAC repositioned them so they are now in their correct geographic location. Of course this means that if you also have other addon scenery which too places the airports in the wrong geographic location based on where the FSX default ones were, this can cause visual anomalies.

Finally, Flight 1, the distributors of UTX products, offer a 30-day money back guarantee, so you have not wasted your money.

Visit the official UTX support forums (http://www.simforums.com/Forums/support-for-all-the-ultimate-series-of-terrain-products_forum19.html) for more information on the UTX products.

Jeff

stansdds
August 30th, 2012, 02:07
I can confirm that MS got a lot of the airports in the Bahamas very wrong. Wrong placement, wrong layout of parking areas, wrong topography.