PDA

View Full Version : "Here Comes The Navy"

TARPSBird
August 23rd, 2012, 12:10
Hoping one of you fans of old movies can help me. I'm looking for a DVD (or even VHS) copy of "Here Comes The Navy" (1934) starring James Cagney, Pat O'Brien and Gloria Stuart (yes, the same lady who played Old Rose in "Titanic"). Nowadays Turner Classic Movies holds the rights to the flick (even though it's originally a Warner Bros. production) and despite its historic significance (much of it was shot aboard USS Arizona) they haven't released it on DVD and when they show it on the TCM channel it's always at an ungodly hour and I miss it. If anybody has recorded this in any format I'll gladly pay for your cost of getting me a copy. Thanks in advance if anybody can hook me up. :salute:

jojohnson9
August 23rd, 2012, 15:43
I've been trying to find this movie for fifteen years....don't think it can be found in this world.

rocketred
August 23rd, 2012, 16:22
you might try torrents through a minimumn pay site

brad kaste
August 23rd, 2012, 16:28
Tarps,......while you're trying to find out if "Here Comes the Navy" is out in DVD format,...and sounds like you're into these prewar flicks like I am,.....check out "Dive Bomber" with Errol Flynn and Fred MacMurry. The film came out in 1941,right before Pearl Harbor. It was shot in glorious color. The plot is hooky as heck,...but that doesn't matter. It's seeing the various aircraft....especially the Devastators,.....that counts. You can pick it up at Amazon. Easy price too.

srgalahad
August 23rd, 2012, 17:01
Odd.. the trailer will embed in preview mode but not when posted

rocketred
August 23rd, 2012, 17:51
http://www.tracktvlinks.com/watch-here-comes-the-navy-1934