PDA

View Full Version : Who know's what this is .....

NachtPiloten
August 21st, 2012, 16:13
Seriously ... come on

josepicos
August 21st, 2012, 17:42
A FREAKING MOSSIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!:jump::jump::jump::jump::jump::jump::jump: :jump::jump:

YYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSS 633 Squad theme!

lewis11777
August 21st, 2012, 17:44
Since everyone knows it's a mosquito you obviously want us to guess which model. I think it needs to be further along to figure that out!

josepicos
August 21st, 2012, 17:54
A night fighting mossie with a radar antenna.. A NF11???????????

gecko
August 21st, 2012, 18:26
Wow! I am extremely excited about this one! NF.II by the looks of it. Of all the stock aircraft, the Mossie (fighter versions in particular) is the one that most sorely needs to be replaced. Glad to see this one. Have you plans for several variants? Would be great to see some thimble nose versions...either way I'm thrilled.

josepicos
August 21st, 2012, 18:39
Hmmm

jaycee
August 21st, 2012, 23:52
Yes, its another piece of fantastic artwork from you.

hairyspin
August 22nd, 2012, 10:51
Yep, NF Mk.II; a much prettier aircraft than the later thimble-nosed or bull-nosed NF versions.
Is this another unfinished model you're finishing or is this a Nacht original? It'll be very welcome whichever it is! :icon29:

NachtPiloten
August 22nd, 2012, 16:19
Yep, NF Mk.II; a much prettier aircraft than the later thimble-nosed or bull-nosed NF versions.
Is this another unfinished model you're finishing or is this a Nacht original? It'll be very welcome whichever it is! :icon29:

I belong to a club were we share meshes. This one had a reasonable poly count. Had to do extensive cleaning up and removal of some detail. No real pit had to make that and a new canopy, no weapons or animation. So it saves some time but there is a bunch to do regardless. That is why the mavis is sitting around, just need to roll up the sleeves on her too but much new stuff is on the way .....eat your carrots!

ndicki
August 23rd, 2012, 00:16
Fantastic news, Ted! As Daniel says, this is the one that really does need replacing the most! And the NF.II is a great place to start... :guinness::guinness::guinness::guinness::guinness:

Pat Pattle
August 23rd, 2012, 20:55
Thanks for stepping up to the plate and taking this on Ted. Looking forward to a new British aircraft model for cfs3.

NachtPiloten
August 24th, 2012, 07:34
I always liked the mossie. I remember many a flight in CFS2 from Manston to intercept an intruder. Loved the missons attacking the he177s in cfs2.You guys remember following the lighted jeep to the runway and then taking off. Getting into position and waiting for the huns! That was fun.

josepicos
August 28th, 2012, 16:23
Hey Ted, you might want this!716647166571666

htpcorsica
August 29th, 2012, 01:22
Hi NachtPiloten, Looks really good, if you get the chance is it possible to make a static one from your orig model so I can put it all over the airfield im finishing off?
Thanks.

Cuttles
August 30th, 2012, 06:25
Beautiful work you fella's do on these wonderful a/c. Ps: experts probably know, but JFlight put a free/demo out for FSX advertising the 3-role Speciall Ops. versions of Mossies for FSX.

(Its too lame to bother with, eg: effects/guns; I'm died in wool CFS3 bod), BUT: I got from it there are special ops versions of Mossies, exetensive electrical and weapons systems. had no idea they existed! Terrific: would be great if those ideas could be eventually put in CFS3. Lots of avenue and potential for sure. The demo gives the idea and some shots of cockpit. Just for info, @ JF site.:running:

(far be it from me to suggest anything)

NachtPiloten
September 1st, 2012, 04:36
Just a screenie showing how the mapping is coming along.

gecko
September 1st, 2012, 09:34
Moving right along! Looks great!

hairyspin
September 1st, 2012, 10:50
Not especially low-poly by the looks of things. :jump: The nice thing about these mid-wing a/c is not having fiddly wing root fairings to model and map. Thanks Ted!

NachtPiloten
September 3rd, 2012, 13:44
The count is about 65K give or take w/o the pit. My old rig gets 55 fps with medium settings. Since most of my flying is at night I don't care what the landscape looks like as long as it is dark. Plane, effects, and clouds matter, little else does. The pit will use 2d gauges mostly (too lazy to make 3d ones) so fps will be very good.

josepicos
September 29th, 2012, 15:28
Been a bit since we heard bout the NF11.

Anyone know how its coming along?

NachtPiloten
September 30th, 2012, 07:02
There was a major design flaw with the model, the fuselage was modeled about 1.5 feet too narrow. I had to fix this and now I am remapping the plane. This plane was designed by a club member and he/she must have narrowed the fuselage by error. It will be to John by the end of this week. The VC is nearly done except for the mapping. Maybe next week a screenie will be available. The NF XII will be first followed by the NF II.