PDA

View Full Version : NAS Whiting Field North and South Available

jdhaenens
August 21st, 2012, 14:09
NAS Whiting Field North (KNSE) and Whiting Field South (KNDZ) are available at FlightSim dot com. The helo pads and parking marks on Whiting Field South have been fixed to be "No Crash" markings for all the DODOSIM flyers. I also threw in Outlying Field 8A and Spencer NOLF.

Jim

evvatc
August 21st, 2012, 14:19
Always a pleasure flying with your scenery. Thank you for providing it.:salute:

delta_lima
August 21st, 2012, 14:34
Can't wait to try this. Thanks Jim!!!

DL

PS - I've darn near worn the pavement off your KNGP ... love that one too!

Cag40Navy
August 21st, 2012, 16:32
Thank you Jim!!

Victory103
August 22nd, 2012, 08:30
Great news JD, somehow missed the release. All the T-34's should be done now at North Whiting with the T-6B's taking over, will confirm this next month when I am in the area.

jdhaenens
August 22nd, 2012, 15:36
Yeah, I got rid of the crop of T-34's I had on the tarmac and left the Texans. I wasn't sure how far along the replacement was.

Thanks,

Jim

VCN-1
August 22nd, 2012, 16:08
The last T-34C training flight took place on April 19th of this year.

VCN-1

William Njurmi
August 23rd, 2012, 05:59
Absolutely great. Thanks.

A minor technical note. I was practising touch-and-gos at Sheppard AFB (another of Jim´s scenery) the other day with my brand new Milviz T-38 and after installing Whiting, Sheppard got two layers of ground. By lowering Whiting below Sheppard in scenery library this phenomenon disappeared.

delta_lima
August 23rd, 2012, 08:03
Jim, you knocked the ball clear out of the park on this one.

Whereas I find Corpus Christi a bit hard on frames, Whiting has zero impact on fps. Zero. 29-30 fps on a dusty old pc. With all the dozens (if not scores) of static helos and trainer a/c, custom scenery, etc. - I'm thoroughly impressed by how well this looks and performs. Between you and ACG, the wonder of high-detail, low-impact military scenery never ceases to amaze me.

Thanks so very much!

DL

jdhaenens
August 23rd, 2012, 15:26
William, that is just wierd. I couldn't reproduce it on my machine, but my dev computer is the same as my test computer currently, so that wouldn't be unusual. It's good that you got it sorted. I'll keep looking for the interaction, thanks.

Thanks for the kind words, DL.

Best,

Jim

William Njurmi
August 24th, 2012, 03:14

Luckily these things coincided and the interaction could be pointed out easily. I went into Milviz sale and then I practiced couple of days frequently landings at Sheppard. Whiting was published and I installed it and when I went back to Sheppard the afore-mentioned problem occurred. I´ll try it reversed, so we´ll see if it is something or just my PC´s bad mood.

EDIT: Yes, I was able to repeat the phenomenon by changing the priority in scenery library. I use combined Active Sky and XGraphics, of which the latter affects airport textures.

fxsttcb
August 24th, 2012, 07:41
Another superb job, Jim! :applause: Thank you, Sir. :salute: ...Don

Yeah, I got rid of the crop of T-34's I had on the tarmac and left the Texans.Ha-Ha! Imagine my confusion when I quit slewing around checking it out and loaded up my IRIS TII.

Whaaaa????

OK, it took a minute to register. :isadizzy: Traffic_MAIW NAS Whiting North...Gonna have to fix that!

PutPut
August 28th, 2012, 10:48
Didn't get a chance to really try this until last night. Great job! (As always) :medals::icon29::guinness:

Best, Paul