PDA

View Full Version : Access to Avsim????

jpmouse
August 19th, 2012, 16:04
Anyone having trouble accessing Avsim? I go to the main page. I am logged in. I have logged out and logged in again. When I try to access the forums, the main page shows, but when I click on any of the individual forums, all of them come up with pages that have only a header. When I click on the HELP link, I get a page with a header only. When I click on contact support, it opens up a new message in my Outlook but it has no email address. Can't find an email address anywhere on the site. I eliminated all virus software and popup blockers with the same result: No access to any of the pages, (except, of course, the Store). I'm bumfuzzled and flumoxxed.

Any suggestions? I'm out of ideas.

Thanks Folks,

JPMouse

Dangerousdave26
August 19th, 2012, 18:27
Not having any problems here but it looks like they have changed the forum setup since the last time I was on.

You might want to log off clear all your cookies then log back on. Some times just logging off is not good enough one of the cookies doesn't get written right and things go cross eyed.

Naismith
August 19th, 2012, 21:45
Quite slow tonight, though TBH since they "upgraded" I have found getting on the front page takes a longish time.

jpmouse
August 19th, 2012, 23:04
Not having any problems here but it looks like they have changed the forum setup since the last time I was on.

You might want to log off clear all your cookies then log back on. Some times just logging off is not good enough one of the cookies doesn't get written right and things go cross eyed.

Thanks for the suggestion, Dave. Tried it and no luck non of the forum pages are accessible to me. I also can't email Avsim support and get nothing when I click on Help. Oh well, that's life. LOL:isadizzy:

Chuck_Jodry-VJPL
August 20th, 2012, 05:59
forum@avsim.com is the address, yesterday evening files were being migrated and might have affected speed somewhat, load can be an element too, Sundays 1200 can be online at one time.

Chuck Jodry
Managing Editor
Avsim.com

Francois
August 20th, 2012, 06:17
No problems here in northern Europe...... :-)

aeronca1
August 20th, 2012, 07:55
No trouble accessing AVSIM, but have been unable to download from there for years. Something to do with their ftp setup.....

jpmouse
August 20th, 2012, 23:50
forum@avsim.com is the address, yesterday evening files were being migrated and might have affected speed somewhat, load can be an element too, Sundays 1200 can be online at one time.

Chuck Jodry
Managing Editor
Avsim.com

Thank you Chuck.

JP