PDA

View Full Version : Re: Win-Vista and Win-7 (any edition)

HouseHobbit
August 13th, 2012, 21:51
Just Got this information..Beware All!! From one of our flight sim brothers..

First to Owen:

If you would please, start a thread on the SOH Forum Re: Win-Vista and Win-7 (any edition).

Seems that from several OS forums I visited lately, Microsoft now considers anything dated past 2009 as Malware, and has inoculated the Registry against any registering of any .dll files, et al, back beyond that date.

If you can, let your SOH Buds know that any M$ Updates dated back around June 2012, will have in them some hidden Malicious Malware file Removers.

These will say, like "Security Update for Windows Program Files (64) or Program Files (x86). These are Registry Killers, among other fun stuff !!

These will corrupt any and all registry files dated before 2009, and prevent the Registry from accepting these .dll or other files from loading into the registry.

WARNING: Do Not Allow Any M$ Updates for your Win-XP, Win-Vista, or Win-7 OS dated after June 2012. Period !!

Be Warned..

stiz
August 13th, 2012, 22:22
tin foil hats on people! :engel016:

pfflyers
August 14th, 2012, 07:57
I put a tin foil hat on my cpu before I ran the last couple XP updates and so-far (fingers crossed) my FS9 seems to be working ok.

Willy
August 15th, 2012, 12:43
XP-64 was just updated this morning and everything seems to be running fine.

ananda
August 15th, 2012, 13:19
Two of the XP updates today were for MS Office 2007. Go figure :)

George

fxsttcb
August 17th, 2012, 08:08
My fully updated Win 7 allowed a reinstall of FS9 yesterday. Patching to 9.1 worked fine too(*.dlls are now v9.1)...Don