PDA

View Full Version : RAZBAM or SSW?

mustangman13134
August 12th, 2012, 10:30
Which Harrier is better? Should I go for the Sim Skunk Works one or wait for the RAZBAM?

N2056
August 12th, 2012, 10:33
Until the Razbam version is actually out I don't see how that question can be realistically answered. :kilroy:
Edit: I guess the answer would be wait for the Razbam version to be released, then decide.

hammer353
August 12th, 2012, 12:35
I would wait for razbam's.

hae5904
August 12th, 2012, 13:51
Mustangman, here you can find some WIP screenies for the upcoming RAZBAM Harrier : :salute:

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?69911-RAZBAM-HARRIER-AV-8B-Plus-WIP-shots

Cheers,
Hank

Daube
August 13th, 2012, 01:00
Well, the SSW Harrier is designed specifically for massive multiplayer flights, so it's made to be easy on the FPS, which means a medium level of visual details inside and out. The RAZBAM Harrier is made to be a "regular" FSX plane up to today's standards, so there are absolutely no doubts that it looks much better than the SSW one.

But this is only for the visuals.

What will be interesting will be to compare the flight models and the avionics depht, the interactiveness of the virtual cockpit etc... On these points, the SSW seems to be very good, and right now we have absolutely no idea about what the RAZBAM one will offer. Since I rarely fly in multiplayer, the RAZBAM is my current target. But if its realism level is not up to my expectations, I'll buy the SSW one.

hschuit
August 13th, 2012, 02:29
Well, the SSW Harrier is designed specifically for massive multiplayer flights, so it's made to be easy on the FPS, which means a medium level of visual details inside and out. The RAZBAM Harrier is made to be a "regular" FSX plane up to today's standards, so there are absolutely no doubts that it looks much better than the SSW one.

But this is only for the visuals.

What will be interesting will be to compare the flight models and the avionics depht, the interactiveness of the virtual cockpit etc... On these points, the SSW seems to be very good, and right now we have absolutely no idea about what the RAZBAM one will offer. Since I rarely fly in multiplayer, the RAZBAM is my current target. But if its realism level is not up to my expectations, I'll buy the SSW one.

Actually, the SSW Harrier comes in 2 flavors: A solo version model with full detail and specular mapping and the lighter multiplayer (aka "ubuntu") models. IMHO both models are very good in terms of shape/proportions. I only use the solo model which is also quite FPS friendly, it is a blast to fly it. The SSW Harrier to me only has 1 negative point which is the activation registry key. Every time you change your BIOS setting (e.g. install a new graphics card, change your CPU OC settings, flash BIOS update) your key becomes invalid and you need to request a new one. I must say SSW is very responsive, I needed my 4th new key yesterday and sofar they responded well within a day. Looking at the RAZBAM pics I think their VC looks a bit better but the question is will it have the same high quality systems / flight modelling that SSW has. At this point, the only reason for me to buy another Harrier would be if the package includes the British GR.5, GR.7 and/or GR.9 version.

jeansy
August 13th, 2012, 07:22
after the way a staff member of SSW treated and insulted members here on a number of occasions and publicly admitted downloading cracked FSX payware software

i personally have no interest in supporting them what so ever, so Im going to say RAZBAM

ZEUS67
August 13th, 2012, 08:00
Sorry folks we deleted our posts because on second though we don't want to start a flame war. You are cordially invited to our facebook page where the aircraft features are posted for all to see.

fallenphoenix1986
August 13th, 2012, 08:27
Never had a bad experience with Razbam and for reasons already stated I will never consider supporting SSW.

Craig

Helldiver
August 13th, 2012, 09:40
Never mind the Harrier. Where is the SB2C Helldiver? It was pronised two years ago.

VaporZ
August 14th, 2012, 02:25
Never had a bad experience with Razbam and for reasons already stated I will never consider supporting SSW.

Craig

Exactly the same for me !
Never had a bad experience with Razbam and for reasons already stated I will never ( never ! ) consider supporting SSW.
:mixedsmi:
VaporZ