PDA

View Full Version : Just installed FS9 - jaggy graphics

vmx12
August 12th, 2012, 07:55
Hello All!

I just installed FS9 this morning and the process was as smooth as a zephyr. The only problem is, the planes and background images have jagged edges. On my old computer, I would simply go into my graphics card settings and adjust some of the display parameters and it would clean it up - which I had to do each time I loaded up the sim. On my new system, I'm assuming I will need to do the same? (I was hoping for perfectly rendered graphics from the first time I ran the program, though, on my current system.)

I have a couple of questions around adjusting the display settings, as I plan to run everything at max. (never thought I'd ever be able to say this and not laugh out loud)

1) I should adjust (tick) anti-aliasing within the graphics card, right? (Not within FS9 itself, in other words.)
2) What about bilinear and trilinear? Which option do you choose?
3) And what value should I assign to mip-mapping?

Here are my system specs:

Intel i7 2600K
Asus P8Z68-V Pro S1155
Asus NVIDIA GTX570
DDR3 8 GB 1600MHz Ballistix memory
Corsair H-70 water cooling
Win 7 Pro 64bit

Thank you for any insight! :)

hschuit
August 12th, 2012, 08:36
1) I should adjust (tick) anti-aliasing within the graphics card, right? (Not within FS9 itself, in other words.)
Correct, and I would recommend to install Nvidia Inspector 1.9.6.6 and start with their FS2004 profile, if needed you can adjust it to your personal liking:
http://www.simforums.com/forums/fsx-and-nhancer-settings-for-new-drivers-updated_topic36586.html

2) What about bilinear and trilinear? Which option do you choose?
Most sources recommend trilinear but for me bilinear is also looking good.

3) And what value should I assign to mip-mapping?
Start with 8, if you see landscape shimmering, reduce to a lower value but do not go lower than 5.

vmx12
August 14th, 2012, 09:17
Thanks, hschuit!