PDA

View Full Version : G7 series Grumman E1B Tracer

euroastar350
August 8th, 2012, 12:35
Second aircraft in the FSX native G7 series, the Grumman E1B Tracer. Most of the animations and materials have been converted over as I have been using the S2F3 source for the materials. Had a little snafu with the Milviz Bell 407 and I have to wait until I get a set of newly updated files before I can continue working on that helicopter. In the meantime, enjoy the sneak peeks:applause: And the update to the S2F3 is forthcoming, stay tuned for that:ernae:704747047570476704777047870479704807048 1

stovall
August 8th, 2012, 12:52
G7 E1B Tracer, will definitely be keeping my eyes open for this one. Thanks for the preview. Excellent work!!

bruce448
August 8th, 2012, 12:56
My favorite of the series.

Bruce

Ian Warren
August 8th, 2012, 13:12
Now we seriously need an operational ESSEX ... with angle deck and the bells and whistles :USA-flag: course need that being the capital country of the aircraft carrier .;) Oophs or the CV42 <input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input jscode="leoInternalChangeDone()" onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();}else{setT imeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden"><input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();}else{setT imeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

ColoKent
August 8th, 2012, 17:05
...I would settle for the Essex....Hornet...Intrepid....or Yorktown...or any of the CVS carriers. With the Virtavia Sea King, the Stoofs, and RAZBAMs soon (hopefully) to appear new A-4s, we could pretty much have that whole corner of Naval Carrier operations nailed!

Kent

Ian Warren
August 8th, 2012, 17:39
...I would settle for the Essex....Hornet...Intrepid....or Yorktown...or any of the CVS carriers. With the Virtavia Sea King, the Stoofs, and RAZBAMs soon (hopefully) to appear new A-4s, we could pretty much have that whole corner of Naval Carrier operations nailed!

Kent
Kent , That's even one thing most serious COOL< name now were have i heard that before :icon_lol: .. it is surprising , the ESSEX where really quite large , but smaller making it more fun , i have a brilliant photo comparing Enterprise and Coral Sea , between those Hancock and Oriskany .

<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input jscode="leoInternalChangeDone()" onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();}else{setT imeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Aircanuck
August 8th, 2012, 19:05
...can someone please let me know what the key command in fsx is for folding the wings .

cheers for now.

:running:

Ian Warren
August 8th, 2012, 19:16
...can someone please let me know what the key command in fsx is for folding the wings .

Crikey , its been a default key now for so long on the Yoke switch's , Shift F i'm sure was default :cool: but if you can't find it simply go to the drop down Menu 'Alt' key forth one along -'Options/Settings/Controls - Buttons Keys' the descript would be in the listing for you . <input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input jscode="leoInternalChangeDone()" onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();}else{setT imeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden"><input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();}else{setT imeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Aircanuck
August 8th, 2012, 19:34
..... magic Mr.Warren , thank you.

:jump:

fliger747
August 9th, 2012, 11:07
As the original FDE for the Tracer was done in FSX, shouldn't take too much review to get her shipshape.

Cheers: T

euroastar350
August 13th, 2012, 05:01
She has legs now:wiggle: Slowly but surely, she is getting there. Will keep you guys updated on her progress:icon29:

euroastar350
August 13th, 2012, 05:03
Last 4 for now..........

euroastar350
August 13th, 2012, 18:53
5 new shots. 2 materials left to convert and not too many animations left to do for the exterior. Once done, the exterior will be used as the interior like I did for the S2F3:jump: I am going to need Uncle Milton's assistance on the last 2 materials. In the meantime, enjoy these shots:ernae:

DennyA
August 13th, 2012, 19:13
Beauty. Rivals the EA6B as the most ungainly looking non-British carrier plane.

Can't wait!

Milton Shupe
August 13th, 2012, 19:17
Waiting to assist :-)

Milton Shupe
August 13th, 2012, 19:18
As the original FDE for the Tracer was done in FSX, shouldn't take too much review to get her shipshape.

Cheers: T

Thanks Tom :applause:

euroastar350
August 14th, 2012, 01:23
Alpha test of the E1B Tracer has been sent to Uncle Milton for distribution to the testers and for FDE work. In the meantime, a few new shots to enjoy:applause:70820708217082270823

Milton Shupe
August 14th, 2012, 05:31
I am sending out alpha tests of the E1-B exterior model, 2D panel, textures, and flight model.
If you have the time, interest, and affinity for detail, and want to help out with testing please PM me.

Thanks

euroastar,

First feedback:

1) EWS Wire Cap weight is not linked to the wire and stays in its holder as the wire extends.
2) Elevator trim tabs do not appear to be animated (trimtab_elevator_01 and 02)
3) Specular on tires seems to be strong; can it be reduced?

Sending out links for download tests now.

Milton Shupe
August 14th, 2012, 05:48
For those of you who use the 2D panel, the S2F-3 was released with an issue regarding the 2D panel ECU popup panel for the engine 2 mixture lever. This fixes that for the S2F-3.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=70682&d=1344789698

This corrected version is included in the E1-B package.

Thoe6969
August 14th, 2012, 07:23
Milton ,just downloaded and took her up for a spin,textures look great to me,anamations looked fine on everything that I tested.Only thing I noticed with the FDE was It needed a lot of down trim as soon as it lifts off.Other than that it feels good to me.Bear in mind I,m no professional but glad I could help.

Milton Shupe
August 14th, 2012, 07:24
Milton ,just downloaded and took her up for a spin,textures look great to me,anamations looked fine on everything that I tested.Only thing I noticed with the FDE was It needed a lot of down trim as soon as it lifts off.Other than that it feels good to me.Bear in mind I,m no professional but glad I could help.

Thanks; I did notice that too. Maybe Tom will make that adjustment for us.

fliger747
August 14th, 2012, 07:37
Will have a look, with a change in the model sometimes pitch characteristics change, but usually an easy fix.

T

Megadog
August 14th, 2012, 08:28
Thanks; I did notice that too. Maybe Tom will make that adjustment for us.

Milton and G7 crew you have got it slmost perfect! As noted previously the pitch trim is a little sensitive. I flew the thing for more than a thousand hours and it feels almost real in the sim. Actually the vc in the S-2F is the same as the E-1b with the exception of the Search light trigger on the co-pilot s side. The fudd had the pedestal yoke assemly rather than the push/pull tube, but i will not be nit-picking on such a great project! After over 26,000 hours in big jets I still have a soft spot in my memory for the strangest looking aircraft the navy ever operated off of a carrier!

Milton Shupe
August 14th, 2012, 08:37
Milton and G7 crew you have got it slmost perfect! As noted previously the pitch trim is a little sensitive. I flew the thing for more than a thousand hours and it feels almost real in the sim. Actually the vc in the S-2F is the same as the E-1b with the exception of the Search light trigger on the co-pilot s side. The fudd had the pedestal yoke assemly rather than the push/pull tube, but i will not be nit-picking on such a great project! After over 26,000 hours in big jets I still have a soft spot in my memory for the strangest looking aircraft the navy ever operated off of a carrier!

Thank you sir for your help in getting the original project and specs where they needed to be. It is this kind of help that is essential to the feel of the sim aircraft and your input was invaluable. My deepest appreciation to you.

fliger747
August 14th, 2012, 09:00
Fixed the pitch up on takeoff issue. Will have to try an arrested landing again as my FSX must have had a memory leak, with slide show frame rates, a reboot and seems to be better. Yes perhaps a bit pitch sensitive.More to do! T

fliger747
August 14th, 2012, 10:28
Comes aboard just fine, even from the 2D cockpit which isn't my normal style. Still working on pitch with some success.

T

bruce448
August 14th, 2012, 11:01
Milton, Eurostar, TheElevator trim tabs do not seem to be animated here nor the cowl flaps.

Bruce

PRB
August 14th, 2012, 13:48
Looks fantastic! So far the only thing I have found is that I've confirmed Bruce's observation about the the cowl flaps.

bruce448
August 14th, 2012, 14:13
Milton, Eurostar and Tom not sure if you have this in your inventary of documents http://www.alternatewars.com/SAC/E-1B_SAC_-_1_July_1967.pdf

ps Tom Can you check aircraft length in the air file should be 45ft 4 in and I get a reading of 57ft 11in think that is for the S2F-1/2/3's with the MAD boom extended.

Bruce

euroastar350
August 14th, 2012, 14:23
Thank you for the first feedback on the alpha model. I will look into the missing animations, even though I did animate the elevator trimtabs:kilroy: I will reduce the speculars on the wheels/tires, will check the EWS cap. Good job everyone. Once I get all these issues fixed, will send Uncle Milton a second alpha for testing and then I will start the VC:applause:

Milton Shupe
August 14th, 2012, 17:01
Milton, Eurostar and Tom not sure if you have this in your inventary of documents http://www.alternatewars.com/SAC/E-1B_SAC_-_1_July_1967.pdf

ps Tom Can you check aircraft length in the air file should be 45ft 4 in and I get a reading of 57ft 11in think that is for the S2F-1/2/3's with the MAD boom extended.

Bruce

Good observation. Checked it in gmax with the gmax tape measure. It shows the aircraft to be at 13.741 meters or 45'1". Lokks like I came up 2" short. :-) Not bad considering the 3-view lines are 3.5" wide that I model from. :-)

Just FYI, the airplane geometry dimensional parameters are mostly ignored in the aircraft.cfg unless you are using FSEdit to generate the .air file.

fliger747
August 14th, 2012, 17:11
A few items corrected: Mostly pitch issues.

T

fliger747
August 14th, 2012, 17:18
The length figure in the cfg file actually has no effect on anything, the model and contact points determine the physical size of the aircraft. Some dimensional items such as positions of engines, size and locations of flying surfaces etc do have an effect on flight charcteristics.

However it should be correct as a reference....

T

Sundog
August 14th, 2012, 20:48
I added the new FDE, but it seems like trim response is very sluggish. The aircraft sort of performs like it is very slowly diverging in pitch and I have to dial in almost the complete opposite trim to counteract it. FYI, I'm using a Saitek X45 for ref.

It also would appear that the cowl flaps do not open and close.

That's my first observation, I'll try more tomorrow.

fliger747
August 14th, 2012, 23:24
Still fiddling with the trim. The issue is to have it fast enough, but also fine enough. What repeat setting do you have it on in the FSX settings? One shot, slow or fast? It is essential to be able to have trim unit's small enough to be able to trim level flight. about the only time trim is really too slow is if one re loads the aircraft, which will leave you with several units of nose down trim to roll in.

Things a bit hectic today, daughter who just finished her Instrument rating last week had her baby today! Daughter's name is Skye...

T

Milton Shupe
August 15th, 2012, 05:55
Attached are the model and FM updates for testers. These changes reflect the feedback given so far.

Updates are only the mdl file and aircraft.cfg and .air files.

We will appreciate feedback over the next 24 hours if possible. If all goes well, work will begin on the VC.

Thanks

Anyone else wanting to contribute effort in the beta testing, please contact me.

wilycoyote4
August 15th, 2012, 10:36
Things a bit hectic today, daughter who just finished her Instrument rating last week had her baby today! Daughter's name is Skye...

T

never mind the aircraft, tis time for better things to do, congrats to all :icon29::guinness::guinness::icon29::applause:

bruce448
August 15th, 2012, 10:53

T

Congrats to all

Bruce

Megadog
August 15th, 2012, 16:42
Attached are the model and FM updates for testers. These changes reflect the feedback given so far.

Updates are only the mdl file and aircraft.cfg and .air files.

We will appreciate feedback over the next 24 hours if possible. If all goes well, work will begin on the VC.

Thanks

Anyone else wanting to contribute effort in the beta testing, please contact me.

All we need now is the vc in the Fudd and a good "27 charlie" I.E. Hornet, Kearsarge, Bonnie Dick, etc and I could be back on Yankee Staion! Thanks Milton and crew ! BZ!

Sundog
August 15th, 2012, 17:18
Congrats Fliger747 and Skye! Is this the first time you're a grandpa? An instrument rating and a baby at the same time. She's a busy woman.

Milton Shupe
August 15th, 2012, 17:51
I added the new FDE, but it seems like trim response is very sluggish. The aircraft sort of performs like it is very slowly diverging in pitch and I have to dial in almost the complete opposite trim to counteract it. FYI, I'm using a Saitek X45 for ref.

It also would appear that the cowl flaps do not open and close.

That's my first observation, I'll try more tomorrow.

That seems to explain my experience as well.

lazarus
August 15th, 2012, 21:49
Hmm. Interesting. So, remember, all the S-2 variants are slightly divergent in pitch, as they are short-coupled. Trimed up in cruise, if you let go of the yoke, it won't stay put. On the basis of a quick air test from Mugu; at half fuel so I could shoot some circuts, it felt heavier than a stoof, stiffer in yaw, and carries alot of float on round down for landing-79 kts or so. All of which I'd expect from having a big fat wing nailed to the top of a stoof, so if you've modeled that in to the FDE, Good show! If its serendipitous; Good show! I saw no texture or animation issues with a cursory walk around. So, more latter when I've longer than a half hour to play with it.

I added the cockpit model from the S2F-3. The eyepoints in the latest FDE zip are spot on perfect, and the textures are all good so.
1) copy the S2F_interior.mdl file from the G7_S2F3X model folder to the G7_E1BX model folder.
2) open the Model config file. Copy and paste under the the line: normal=E1B
This line: interior=S2F_interior

Okay? Now copy the G7_S2F3X panel folder to the G7_E1BX main folder, save elsewhere or rename the exsisting panel folder.

and I'm guessing the cat points are the same too.
Copy and paste to the aircraft config under the tail hook section:

[launch_assistance]
launch_bar_pivot = 5.41,0.00,-2.0
launch_bar_lug = 11.583333,0.00,-7.50

Very nice! Very nice indeed! It looks not at all like a rough cut. 7093770938

fliger747
August 15th, 2012, 22:13
Thanks Laz:

Having a VC for the interim will help test and evaluation quite a bit.

Nice summer day here in middle Alaska, the lady and I flew the cub down to Denali park for a hike followed by dinner at 229, a fabulous restaurant essentially in the middle of nowhere, amazing use of really fresh ingredients! However very windy and bumpy going down, but slightly compensated for by a bit of a t/w coming back.

One item that plagues most FSX planes for deck landing is how seriously pitch forward is modeled. Will have to do some more fiddling in this area as well.

T

euroastar350
August 16th, 2012, 08:40
So is it a go to start the VC or do we need a little more time testing?

Milton Shupe
August 16th, 2012, 08:54
I think we are safe to move forward. Any late comments on issues can be picked up during the next phase of test/change/test.

fliger747
August 16th, 2012, 09:38
LAZ:

Didn't get the VC to show up yet. Not sure why!

Cheers. T

fliger747
August 16th, 2012, 10:23
VC showed up after reloading FSX...

T

Ferry_vO
August 16th, 2012, 10:42
Finally had some time for a quick flight! installed the S2F's VC which seems to work fine. Quick oberservations: The prop spinners aren't textured, and the two windows on top of the cockpit are somewhat odd shaped in the corner nearest to the nose. In photos they look almost square to me.

bruce448
August 16th, 2012, 11:19
Finally had some time for a quick flight! installed the S2F's VC which seems to work fine. Quick oberservations: The prop spinners aren't textured, and the two windows on top of the cockpit are somewhat odd shaped in the corner nearest to the nose. In photos they look almost square to me.

Ferry_vO, I had to take a second and a third look at the upper window shapes and then found this picture

http://svsm.org/gallery/e1b/IMG_0371

A quick one for you Tom, for the contact points to get the wheel anim correct the wheel diameters are as follows:- nose wheels -18in (1.50), main wheels - 34in (2.833) and the tail wheel/bumper is 7.5in (0.625)

Bruce

fliger747
August 16th, 2012, 11:28
A new FDE:

Been doing a lot of carrier trials off of Midway Island.

Regards: T

fliger747
August 16th, 2012, 11:46
Thanks: Curent diameters were 24" and 36 ", this is expressed as decimils of feet for radius. Typical FSX, the wheel size has no effect on the animation, the sim only cares where the rubber meets the road, length of gear (including wheel radius dimension), compression ratio and dampening. However will incorporate this data which will require a minor change in gear length.

T

Milton Shupe
August 16th, 2012, 12:07
Thanks: Curent diameters were 24" and 36 ", this is expressed as decimils of feet for radius. Typical FSX, the wheel size has no effect on the animation, the sim only cares where the rubber meets the road, length of gear (including wheel radius dimension), compression ratio and dampening. However will incorporate this data which will require a minor change in gear length.

T

The models have not changed during this conversion; only the animations.

The tire sizes that matter in the contact points is what I modeled.

Measured in gmax, the diameter sizes for the nose and main tires are 1.236' and 2.62' respectively.

These are the metrics that need to be used, not the actual sizes.

The sizes stated in the contact points do affect the animations so that tire rotates at the proper speeds.

EDIT: And the contact points require the radius, not the diameter, so halve those numbers I listed.
Thanks

lazarus
August 16th, 2012, 12:14

Its missing the textures from the S2F3, I expect. Works great for testing purposes, and confirms the eyepoint. The cat points look pretty good, as well.
I am finding it over sensitive in pitch- more Pitts S2 than Grumman, so I'm thinking on that. Is the E1 similar to a S2F, or is it positive stable in pitch?
Not much on the list yet. Fuel dump needs activating, and I am going to put in the NLG steering kit!
Finally; she sure is pretty.

Python231
August 17th, 2012, 01:40
I know this is just more work but, what about making a new 3d VC with 3d guages, it'll be a cracker

snow_white
August 17th, 2012, 03:38
The models have not changed during this conversion; only the animations.

The tire sizes that matter in the contact points is what I modeled.

Measured in gmax, the diameter sizes for the nose and main tires are 1.236' and 2.62' respectively.

These are the metrics that need to be used, not the actual sizes.

The sizes stated in the contact points do affect the animations so that tire rotates at the proper speeds.

EDIT: And the contact points require the radius, not the diameter, so halve those numbers I listed.
Thanks

Sir
Can we accpect a new aero commander maybe sometime, or a "re-visit" of the Aero commander
I loved that old beat up one. fly it till its wheels fell off... O man that one bring many good old memories.
PLEASE.!

euroastar350
August 17th, 2012, 04:06
I do have the AC560 partially FSX converted, maybe will dust it off and finish that off for a future release:mixedsmi: Will begin with the E1B VC conversion shortly:applause:

Milton Shupe
August 17th, 2012, 04:53
Sir
Can we accpect a new aero commander maybe sometime, or a "re-visit" of the Aero commander
I loved that old beat up one. fly it till its wheels fell off... O man that one bring many good old memories.
PLEASE.!

Thank you for asking. I have thought about that but have been too busy to approach the series.
We now have the Dash 7, Avia 57, xp47j, xp47h, and the Harpoon as WIP and nearing completion with the Lodestar and Cant.1007.Z waiting in the wings. Maybe early next year.

I could send new wheels and hubs :-)

Milton Shupe
August 17th, 2012, 04:55
I know this is just more work but, what about making a new 3d VC with 3d guages, it'll be a cracker

Easier said than done, and cannot be done by me. Anyone interested in doing that is welcome to give it a go but you are talking a lot of hours for such a project.

Firekitten
August 17th, 2012, 10:20
Just got around to testing the E1B exterior alpha... (sorry I'm late) It seems absolutely fine to me... perhaps a little too much spec shine in the dome... but otherwise perfect.

fliger747
August 17th, 2012, 17:18
Flew the cub down to Talkeetna to see the three day old granddaughter. Just back and blasting off early for Japan and parts West, so quite busy but should have a chance to forward to Milton some adjustments.

T

Milton Shupe
August 17th, 2012, 17:50
Flew the cub down to Talkeetna to see the three day old granddaughter. Just back and blasting off early for Japan and parts West, so quite busy but should have a chance to forward to Milton some adjustments.

T

Hope the daughter and g'daughter are doing well.

Thanks and have a great trip.

fliger747
August 17th, 2012, 19:28
All are great! Nice flight with a T/W back home, if under some ocassionally low cielings with decent viz and some rain showers to clean the plane off.

T

euroastar350
August 18th, 2012, 05:15
Some bad news. After trying to save the E1B source I was working from, it got corrupted. Trying to save it in another location, it was damaged with half of the missing parts from the original source. Soooooo......I get to do the honors of redoing the entire animations just like I had them before. Thankfully, one of the damaged files has the materials I was using for the FSX model, plus I save the gear and pilots/seats separately. So it will be a while before the VC emerges:kilroy:

Milton Shupe
August 18th, 2012, 05:36
Did you check your gmax/autoback folder for recovery files?

There are two kinds of files there if you you do auto backups; either will work.

euroastar350
August 18th, 2012, 07:09
Well even more bad news, a backup file was saved, from when it was still an FS9 model with some FSX materials/animations set:blind: Still have to redo everything over. Oh well, gives you guys plenty of time to play with the current model until I get things back on track:ernae:

fliger747
August 18th, 2012, 07:16
Good luck ES: have had a few of those deja vu all over again experiences.....

Regards. T

Milton Shupe
August 18th, 2012, 07:22
Did you check all the backup file types?

I have recovered many times by using one or the other of these.

Also, if you haven't, you might want to turn on the Auto Backups and periodic backups.

fliger747
August 23rd, 2012, 14:21
Working with Milton a bit to tame the arrested landing manners. This is mostly an FSX issue, excessive pitch down and sometimes roll on landing after catching a wire. Some gear stiffening and hook position have helped, but not perfect. Have increased the pitch stability a bit. Perhaps Megadog could comment on the effect of the dome on stability. Such additions tend to reduce this a bit. Certainly the double rudders are to counteract a reduced yaw stability.

Cheers. T

fliger747
August 24th, 2012, 01:04
Well............ Got it to launch off of Enterprise, but must have hit about 160 knots at the end of the cat.....

T

fliger747
August 24th, 2012, 01:16
mmmmmmmmmm is 145 knots.

T

hae5904
August 24th, 2012, 05:12
mmmmmmmmmm is 145 knots.

T

Have you installed the gauge RFN Carrier Operations V3.0 ?? with that the cat speed is way more realisic, a lot slower than the default FSX cat end speed!
Sylvain had posted the latest one on his website : http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/ind...59843#msg59843 (http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=6963.msg59843#msg59843)

Salut :salute:
Hank

expat
August 24th, 2012, 07:08
Have you installed the gauge RFN Carrier Operations V3.0 ?? with that the cat speed is way more realisic, a lot slower than the default FSX cat end speed!

How did you get this to work? Been :banghead: since downloading the new BigE a few days ago as I have no advanced launch (stick trigger), no LSO voices and the worst is that Sylvain's TACAN gauge (and JR/Printz/Sludge F18 HUD mod) won't work either with the BigE OR any carrier, e.g. Foch, Clem or Javier's Nimitz.

hae5904
August 24th, 2012, 10:35
Expat,

Once you had downloaded the gauge (RFN Carrier Operations), you do the following:

-Drop the contents of FSX gauges into the subfolder "gauges"
-Drop the contents of FSX simobjects into subfolder "simobjects" (it will end up as a sub subfolder "boats")
-Drop the contents of FSX sounds into the subfolder "sound" (and not sounds!!)

Then take the plane you like to adapt and change the following inside the panel.config file:

-Add windowXX=TACAN RFN to the toplist (change the XX into the proper number)
& add the following in the "fixed" window:
[WindowXX]
Background_color=0,0,0
size_mm=155,200
windowsize_ratio=1.0
position=8
ident=99
gauge00=NavOps!Tacan_Indicator, 0, 0, 155, 200

-add the following underneath in the [VCockpit01] section:
//-------------Gauge Carrier Operations Nav1---------------
gauge81=RFN_CarrierGauge!TACAN_Nav1, 0, 0,
gauge82=RFN_CarrierGauge!CustomCatapult, 0, 0,
gauge83=RFN_CarrierGauge!Approach_Ctrl, 0, 0,
gauge84=DSD_Sound_Gauge!Sound, 0, 0,

By then all should work!
In the documentation, there's a list of all frequencies used for all Carriers in use at the moment. (incl. land-based)

Cheers,:salute:
Hank

fliger747
August 24th, 2012, 14:39
My French is a bit rusty..... at least for technical work....

Giving it a try, thanks: T

fliger747
August 24th, 2012, 15:08
Gauge shows but my efforts to tune the new Enterprise (SBD) not bearing fruit so far. Did have one really wierd cat launch, small windowed my FSX from full screen, went about half way down the cat as on a big rubber band, brought me back all the way and then dribbled me off the front of the cat at about 40 knots....

I am sure all will sort out! T

fliger747
August 24th, 2012, 15:22
On the port cat ready for launch, Big E

hae5904
August 24th, 2012, 15:32
T, that rubberband issue sometimes happens.

To activate the cat with the RFN gauge is simply by tapping your brakes. The cat officier will then move his head and giving you the launch signal.......and after a small delay you're shot of the deck.
When you see the animations, the gauge works. And the launch speed is far more realistic compared to the horizontal rocket launch by the default FSX/A.

Cheers,
Hank

Milton Shupe
August 24th, 2012, 15:33
That's a pretty scary frame rate showing there Tom. :-O

That aside, that's an awesome screenshot! :-)

fliger747
August 24th, 2012, 15:47
In the Groove, Big E, mid pacific....

T

Milton Shupe
August 24th, 2012, 16:06
Sweet! Working now to install the AICarrier package and the FSXA Nimitz package, gauges installed.

fliger747
August 24th, 2012, 16:23
Just about to catch a wire, probably #2

T

fliger747
August 24th, 2012, 17:43
Another wierd launch? Aircraft stays at 72 ft after takeoff, no matter what I do. Somehow not fully relaeased from cat launch?

T

Milton Shupe
August 24th, 2012, 19:33
Caught my first wires, three times in a row. Pretty cool.

Haven't figured out if or how I can launch off these AICarriers though.

Emile
September 5th, 2012, 20:47
Hello,
FSX (and or P3D) Version available?

Milton Shupe
September 5th, 2012, 21:19
Hello,
FSX (and or P3D) Version available?

Emile,

Euroastar and team are busy with the FSX Native conversion for the E-1B. The S2F-3 is available natively and can be found in the library here.

Hughes-MDflyer4
November 17th, 2012, 14:13
Hi all,

The Grumman E1B Tracer for FSX has been uploaded to AVSIM, FlightSim, Sim-Outhouse, and Simviation. Just awaiting approval now.:ernae:

Hughes-MDflyer4
November 17th, 2012, 16:39
The E1B Tracer is now available for download. You can find it at the following link.

http://www.eaglerotorcraftsimulations.com/fsx_e1b.php

Enjoy! :salute: