PDA

View Full Version : YAS Spits

mav
August 8th, 2012, 07:46
Hi,

Just wonderin, how many "YAS SpitS" were made... i've got 15 of em was there more???

YAS_Mk16(4DV).zip
yas_mk8zpw.zip
YAS_Mk9(AEB).zip
YAS_Mk9(Y2K).zip
yas_mkia(pr-f).zip
YAS_MkIIa(PK-K).zip
YAS_MkVb(538).zip
yas_mkvb(dln).zip
YAS_MkVb(Float).zip
YAS_MkVb(t)(IRG).zip
YAS_MkVb(t)(T-N).zip
YAS_MkVb(UD-W).zip
YAS_MkVb(UD-W)r2.zip
yas_mkvc(dlu).zip
yas_mkvc(zp-x).zip

Also did Kelti ever make any props 4 em???
And finally any paints????

mav
August 8th, 2012, 09:23
It's ok, found paints by RobH... no props.

kelticheart
August 8th, 2012, 10:10
It's ok, found paints by RobH... no props.

Hi mav,

RobH's repaints will fit YAS MkIA first version (DW-K) only (they will not work on YAS MkIA v.2 PR-F) and I see you haven't got it in the listing you posted. Please, refer also to the reply I posted in Morton's thread announcing his repaints for Aeroplane Heaven's Spit MkIA.

And yes, I replaced prop disks in my entire YAS collection which matches exactly yours (apart from YAS MkIX on floats and I have YAS MkIA v.1 DW-K), but I never uploaded them because every YAS model has a mdl glitch where parts of the aircraft are displayed in front, or above if you like, of the prop disk. More specifically the upper engine cowling, the exhaust stubs and parts of the wing. :icon_eek:

If one stands behind the plane the prop disk looks ok, in front of it it's another story and it looks quite odd. The original texture is very dark and kind of hides such glitch, mine are very light and they enhance instead any display problem of the prop disk texture.

I live with it because I prefer prop disks which display only the blurred trace of each single blade with empty areas in between, with a full disk the problem is very evident. Besides, early Merlin66's marks (YAS MkIA DW-K and PR-F, YAS MkIIA PK-K) do not display yellow safety tips on the prop blades and that's not historically correct as RAF started painting yellow propeller tips before the outbreak of WWII.

Since prop disk textures have no control over those details, I did not want to be blamed for them, but I am willing to upload my entire YAS prop texture and exhaust effects collection if SOH wants me to.

Cheers!
KH :ernae:

Wulf190
August 8th, 2012, 16:47
I love Merlin 66's collection. And Keltic I'll take anything you have for um too!

mav
August 8th, 2012, 18:46
Hi Kelti,

Thanks 4 the very detailed response... guess i must be blind cos i don't think i've ever experienced the floating bits ??!!! :icon_eek:

In any case, please do upload whatever work you done... be nice to doll em up!!! :jump:

mav
August 9th, 2012, 23:27
Update

I got RobH new skin, came with an updated mdl to work with it ,don't know what version it is.... thought yeh looks good, so redid mdl(again) added prop i was happy with @ whala , looks brand new

watchdog22
August 12th, 2012, 18:26
Really nice MAV! Would you care to upload your mods?
Cheers

nik112
August 12th, 2012, 23:03
Hey guys
i want to ask if somebody had solve the prob with open cockpit-door before taking off

cheers

mav
August 13th, 2012, 01:58
Really nice MAV! Would you care to upload your mods?
Cheers

Thanks Watchdog, & no i have no plans to upload this , don't want the copyright police up in arms!!! LOL

It's just 4 personal use... it's still a WIP gotta still address the damage cloning issue ,the yellow on the prop & the door maybe unlink it from the engine , either link it to the canopy /second exit or disable it altogether?!

So far just only scasm added new pilot with animated head & realigned the cowl flap ,here's a pic of it in the fs9 nice too see it works there too!!! :)

Wulf190
August 13th, 2012, 20:25
I have always liked the YAS series of Spitfires. Especially at the near complete marque five series. though if there is one issue with afew of them I have is that if you look at the bottom of the nose; at certain angles it looks like the sides develope chipmonk cheeks!

I talked with Merlin66 about this years ago and at the time he was planning updates for his spits. I guess other things caught his attension, which is understandable.

As far as having the cockpit door being open before take off, I think that happens on afew of the models. I don't know exactly which ones. I think his Abunkir Trop Mk.V has/had the issue. It is caused because the cockpit door is tied with the langing gear animation. If the gear is down, the door is open. The only way to solve that would be to redo the animations on the original model.

mav
August 17th, 2012, 08:32
Wulf190... actually the door is linked to the engine0 , on ALL models, the cowling is linked to the landing gear on most of em the rest are normal cowling preset.

Anyways ,fiddlin a little on the breaks... & think maybe improved it a little! :)

oldwheat
August 17th, 2012, 10:16
Mav is correct, it is linked to the engine start. I truly like the YAS Spits but as far as the 1A is concerned, I have found that on my PC the AH 1A has almost identical FRs & therefore that is the one I'm using (properly tweaked of course).

mav
August 23rd, 2012, 04:05
Finally got round to doin the "PR-F" version, decided to close the exit door so it's permanently closed, relinked the cowl so now it works with an asigned cowl key rather than r_gear, added a texture to nose so it can be painted, shrunk the prop so looks in proportion to the plane... tried to add yellow tips ...but wouldn't work, also added a "still_prop" in vc cos it didn't have 1,can't believe i've never noticed!!!

& added pilot walker.. :)