PDA

View Full Version : My boy Leo wins a SILVER !!!!

luckydog
August 7th, 2012, 20:18
I taught Middle school/Junior high Language Arts/English for 15 years, most of those in Marble Falls, Texas.
I also coached football, basketball and track. I had a skinny little kid come out for track and coached him during his 7th and 8th grade years.
He was a natural at middle and long distances. I just watched him win a SILVER MEDAL at the Olympics ( Leo Manzano ).
I cried tonite........the first time in ages. Glad the old lady had already gone to bed.......

LD

Jagdflieger
August 7th, 2012, 20:34
Congrats to your student Luckydog! That must have been a thrill to watch.

On another note, I didn't realize that you taught in Marble Falls. While returning to Fort Hood from Camp Bullis in the fall of 1972, I drove through Marble Falls. A tornado had leveled the town a few days before my drive through that nice little town. The destruction looked complete. It was a sight I shall never forget.

N2056
August 7th, 2012, 20:35
That's awesome!
Congratulations on helping him get there today! :applause:

huub vink
August 8th, 2012, 02:42
Congratulations Luckydog! Like you I have coaches a lot of youngsters, its alwyas nice to see that they have done something with your lessons. But I definitely envy you, as not of my pupils even managed to qualify for anything close to a regional championship.

Cheers,
Huub

cheezyflier
August 8th, 2012, 13:21
I taught Middle school/Junior high Language Arts/English for 15 years...

hanging around here, with the butchers of language (myself included, obviously) some of us are, must feel like you're riding the short bus.

:icon_lol:

Willy
August 8th, 2012, 14:32
hanging around here, with the butchers of language (myself included, obviously) some of us are, must feel like you're riding the short bus.

:icon_lol:

Hey I resemble that remark! ;)

yank51
August 8th, 2012, 18:47
How cool is that!! Congratulations to you, and of course, to him!!!