PDA

View Full Version : Having problems with Rami's BOB campaign

RobH
August 6th, 2012, 10:01
Hi all,

I am trying to fly Rami's BOB campaign, starting with August 1940. I have followed everything to the letter, but I am getting some error messages and then it wont load.

Here are the errors I am getting:

"Cannot find the model wep_500lb_bomb in the library"
"Cannot find the model wep_prbase300 in the library"
"Cannot find the model wep_pr300 in the library"
"Cannot find the model gc_kelly in the library"

Then I get "Error loading mission file. Either mission file is corrupt or formatted improperly".

I cannot remember what is the library. I do know I have the GC kelly installed, so not sure what the problem is with that. I have DB and FDG weapons installed too.

I appreciate any help here.

Rami
August 6th, 2012, 10:29
RobH,
First, it's nice to see you in the basement again! The bar's in the corner, plenty of beer is on tap, and the tab is paid. :ernae:

Second,

I guess I missed the GC Kelly...it's in the other readmes in the package, but for convenience's sake, I'll post it here..

http://www.regshanger.com/Groundcrew/homepage/CFS2/ships/zip/GC_Kelly.zip

As far as the weapons, let's see here. The "pr" weapons are from his Bf-109...any one of them should have the weapons for those two. Just install the weapons from this one, for example...

http://www.myzone59.com/rebuffat/luft/109g4_trop/Bf109G2_JG5.zip

I'll need a minute or two to search for the "wep_500lb_bomb."

Rami
August 6th, 2012, 11:07
RobH,

You can thank sc7500 for this, but here is the obscure weapons pack, that houses that last bomb you seek: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/local_links.php?action=jump&catid=17&id=14206

RobH
August 6th, 2012, 11:33
Thank you sir!

That took care of all the weapon error messages, but now I get "Error loading mission file. Either mission file is corrupt or formatted improperly":banghead:

Rami
August 6th, 2012, 13:02
RobH,

Which mission? August 1940 #1, #2..?

RobH
August 6th, 2012, 13:46
RobH,

Which mission? August 1940 #1, #2..?

Ok, I have never played anything this complex before in CFS2, so I am probably doing something wrong. Am I supposed to do these missions as a campaign or do I use them as missions? When I try to go through the campaign, I get the error, if I go through the missions individually, then I can play them fine.

Rami
August 6th, 2012, 13:58
RobH,

You can fly them in either form. But if you're having a problem with just the campaign file, I'll take a look. It's much easier to tweak a campaign file than 14 missions...let me break out the tools and have a look-see.

I'm curious why anyone else did not report this issue...

RobH
August 6th, 2012, 14:01
Thanks Rami,

It must be something on my end. I can't even get free flight to work now. Something has got corrupted in there, but after 2 days of installing, there is no telling what it is. I will do a re install and try it again. I have everything I downloaded saved, so it shouldnt take as long this time.

Rami
August 6th, 2012, 14:49
RobH,

The problem may lie in the [MISC.DATA] section of the .dp file for the Bf-109e. I think that if the campaign is set during a period BEFORE the aircraft is listed, it may cause your problem.

Try changing this section in the 109e.dp to this, and if that doesn't work, change it to 5/29/37.

[MISC_DATA]
unit_family=1
category=1
allegiance=2
max_group_size=8
min_speed=240
cruise_speed=405
max_speed=607
min_alt=50
cruise_alt=5893
max_alt=8839
dry_weight=4180
max_weight=6034
entered_service=29/5/37
crew=1

I know the Hurricane and Spitfire are both okay...but the Ju-88 has the same problem. Try changing it to this...

[MISC_DATA]
unit_family=2
category=5
allegiance=2
max_group_size=8
min_speed=240
cruise_speed=372
max_speed=473
min_alt=50
cruise_alt=5080
max_alt=7620
entered_service=21/12/36
crew=4

RobH
August 6th, 2012, 19:09
Thanks,

I tried that and still have the problem. Going to bed, will look at this more tomorrow.:salute:

RobH
August 9th, 2012, 09:08
Rami, I have done a reinstall, and am now going through your ETO Scenery install guide. I am a little confused at this part. I have just installed cfs2_eurw_LC_su_BETA4. The next step listed is: Now, this is very important…the texture files from your SCENEDB\WORLD\TEXTURE folder must be copied to the main, or “root” TEXTURE folder in the sim where you’ll be using this scenery. This TEXTURE folder is NOT located in either the SCENEDB or SCENERY folders; it is a separate folder, found between SOUND and UIRES folder.

Unlike Europe, DO NOT remove the textures from the SCENEDB\WORLD\TEXTURE folder just yet; doing so will cause unnecessary labor and headaches on your part. I will inform you on when to do this later in the document.

The last paragraph confuses me. Do I remove the textures yet or not, because I dont see anything more about this part in rest of your install guide?

Thanks for your help.:salute:

Also, not sure if this makes a different or not, but my scenery.cfg entries are different than the ones you have listed in the install guide. For instance, here is yours:

[Area.012]

Title=DEM mesh
Local=SCENEDB\ DEM mesh
Active=TRUE
Layer=12
Required=TRUE
Remote=

[Area.013]
Title=DEM mesh LOD 8
Local=SCENEDB\ DEM mesh LOD 8
Active=TRUE
Layer=13
Required=TRUE
Remote=

[Area.014]
Title=Global_Exclude
Local=SCENEDB\Global_Exclude
Active=TRUE
Layer=14
Required=TRUE
Remote=

[Area.015]
Title= cfs2_eurw_LC_su_BETA4
Local=SCENEDB\ cfs2_eurw_LC_su_BETA4
Active=TRUE
Layer=15
Required=TRUE
Remote=

Here is mine:

[Area.012]
Title=DEM mesh
Local=SCENEDB\DEM mesh
Remote=
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE
Layer=12

[Area.013]
Title=DEM mesh LOD 8
Local=SCENEDB\DEM mesh LOD 8
Remote=
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE
Layer=13

[Area.014]
Title=Global_Exclude
Local=SCENEDB\Global_Exclude
Remote=
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE
Layer=14

[Area.015]
Title=cfs2_eurw_LC_su_BETA4
Local=SCENEDB\cfs2_eurw_LC_su_BETA4
Remote=
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE
Layer=15

I tried pasting yours into mine and my CFS2 more or less crashed. I did go in and change all the False's to True. Not sure why mine automatically makes all my entries False on the Required entry.

Rami
August 9th, 2012, 13:29
Rami, I have done a reinstall, and am now going through your ETO Scenery install guide. I am a little confused at this part. I have just installed cfs2_eurw_LC_su_BETA4. The next step listed is: Now, this is very important…the texture files from your SCENEDB\WORLD\TEXTURE folder must be copied to the main, or “root” TEXTURE folder in the sim where you’ll be using this scenery. This TEXTURE folder is NOT located in either the SCENEDB or SCENERY folders; it is a separate folder, found between SOUND and UIRES folder.

Unlike Europe, DO NOT remove the textures from the SCENEDB\WORLD\TEXTURE folder just yet; doing so will cause unnecessary labor and headaches on your part. I will inform you on when to do this later in the document.

The last paragraph confuses me. Do I remove the textures yet or not, because I dont see anything more about this part in rest of your install guide?

Thanks for your help.:salute:

Yeah...that one is my fault...I copied that text over from my Med install guide, and I can see why you would be confused. Those are the type of instructions you get when you are married!

So, ignore that "unlike Europe" paragraph completely. Sorry about that!

As long as the scenery order is correct, the "required true / false" is one of those things where some people have two, and others have one. There's no absolutes in that regard.

RobH
August 9th, 2012, 15:18
Thanks for your help Rami!

I have now finished my all ETO theater install. So far so good. I made a backup of my ETO install just in case, lol. Ok, now to try the Battle of Britain pack.