PDA

View Full Version : Bougainville scenery uploaded

dog1
December 30th, 2008, 20:47
Enhanced default scenery for Kahili,Buka and Torokina uploaded,
dog1

Jagdflieger
December 30th, 2008, 21:07
Ah yes, the garden and vacation spot of the Northern Solomons.

Lookin' good Dog.

olaf1924
December 31st, 2008, 15:57
dog1 thank you:ernae::applause::medals:

trucker
January 2nd, 2009, 08:03
Jadg,...is that your Brittany? I have one as well, great dogs!

Beautiful scenery, are there updated default scenery for teh entire stock campaign?

trucker out:

Jagdflieger
January 2nd, 2009, 10:25
Trucker,

Yes, that's my five year old Brittany, Flitzer. He's the birdiest bird dog that I've ever had the pleasure to partner up with. He can conjure up pheasants and quail where no other dog can. He loves waterfowl too.

A little off topic, but here he is out in the field with my son and me.

miamieagle
January 2nd, 2009, 11:35
Thank you Dog!

Nice pictures Jag!:jump:

stoney
January 2nd, 2009, 16:42
You're a lucky man Jagd. Kind of nice to see a face with those I've come to know here at the SoH all these years.

DauntlessDriver546
January 2nd, 2009, 16:52
Stoney, were you at the Gathering Of Mustangs? That picture looks like it could have come from there...

NICE WORK, DOG 1! :ernae:

Ravenna
January 2nd, 2009, 17:15
Thanks Dog1. Bougainville makes for some interesting reading in the official Australian Army history of the Pacific War.

Jagdflieger
January 2nd, 2009, 19:15
Stony,

I kind of pictured you as a Mustang man. Great shot.

Anyway, back to the topic of Bougainville.

Most of you already know this, but it's good background info for Dog1's new scenery. Bougainville was the last step in the fight up the Solomon's on the way to Rabaul. It was basically a Navy show with some US Army units (161st Inf and other units) and the Royal New Zealand Air Force with the pugnacious Admiral Halsey in overall command with the goal of placing Allied forces in position to invade Rabaul from Empress Augusta Bay. In conjunction with the US Navy, the US Army and the Australian Imperial Force were to seal off Rabaul from the west by taking New Guinea and then leap frogging over the Vitiaz Strait to New Britain at Cape Gloucester. In the end, Rabaul was isolated by these operations, but the planned invasion of Rabaul was never carried out as it became just another sucking chest wound for the Imperial Japanese forces and was left to whither on the vine. The last troops there surrendered after the Emperor broadcast his famous surrender speech.

Here is a good map showing Bougainville's position in relation to the lower Solomon Islands and New Ireland and New Britain.

stoney
January 3rd, 2009, 12:14
Indeed! Superb scenery and much appreciated to my Pac install.
Yep, that's me at the 'Gathering of Mustangs'.