PDA

View Full Version : We have traveled this Road a long way.

bretnutz
December 30th, 2008, 20:00
I have had this Game 'CFS2' a long time.....

CFS1 seemed a bit young.....it needed to be improved.

CFS3 just seemed to be going in a different direction...which I wasn't sure I wanted to take.

CFS2.....I fell in LOVE WITH....

2000 MS Corp on the CD case....coming up to 9 Years. WOW what a Run.

9 Years..thats just unhearded of in SIMs....Long Time.

Pacific.
AVG, Dutch East Indies, Burma, China, Austriala, ect

Europe;
BOB, BoF, Malta, North Afirica, Balkins, Levert, Russia,Poland, Norway, Finland,and Madagascar...ect.

Places I have never heard of ...and place I have many Books on.

Planes also....."......"......".....".

always growing.

I find this place..CFS2 General Discussion...a Home.

Meet people who are from around the world.

Many more talented than I could ever dream of.....

I am like the ' Coffee Boy ' in a large Company....I can't add much but everyone treats me like an Equal.....I love that.

I can't make a plane....mission...ship...tank....airport...anythi ng..but I can add information. Nothing else.

I share the LOVE of the GAME.

I think everyone as a Brother.

If this ends.....well it was GREAT...If it dosen't...even better.

may GOD Bless....everyone.

bretnutz

gedm
December 30th, 2008, 20:33
Well said, Bretnutz, well said...

voyager
December 30th, 2008, 20:33
Nicely said.
With you all the way.

voyager

Pen32Win
December 30th, 2008, 20:45
I don't know what the other forums are like, CFS2 is my sole Flight and Fight Sim. This place is the Motherlode and the folks here are the treasure. Cheers to All!

Bill Kestell
December 30th, 2008, 22:05
It was a about three years ago now, but I had been bugging this guy about trying CFS2. He'd tried IL-2 and just didn't get anywhere with it and I told him that this sim was different. I even loaned him my spare CD's (did everything but fly it for him).

Well .. that sold him. Every so often we'd talk and I'd ask him if he'd seen this or that on the forum... and he'd say no. I finally asked if he ever even look in at the forum to which he replied he didn't. I asked why and his answer was that he'd been to other "club" forums and they were generally full of jerks, lots of ego and a big waste of time.

I told him ... not like that here at this one ... no sirree ... not at all. Great guys ... great info ... super helpful even to a stonehead like me. Well, he tried that too and he's now a regular here.

This place IS SPECIAL. Sometimes you are just too close to see the forest for the trees!

Bill

AGAS 5
December 30th, 2008, 23:16
Never a truer word said.

Thanks Bill :-)

Pete

wolfi
December 31st, 2008, 07:36
yes, itīs the best forum anyway, but last month, I just found another forum with a lot of great people, but itīs not Flightsim related. I stay with CFS2 since it was released in Germany. - Once I started to build the new 1:32 scale (plastic model)Zero fighter from Tamiya, if I saw a picture of CFS2, I thought, it would be great to fly the aircraft on my PC. -the Tamiya zero did never get finished.

wolfi

bretnutz
December 31st, 2008, 07:57
I just knew.....I wasn't alone.

Thanks.....to all of You.... my Brothers.

DauntlessDriver546
December 31st, 2008, 10:28
I've had the game when it was $19.99 at Best Buy way back in 2001 or 2002. I played it, liked it, but I was trying to find something better...

Until I talked to a squadron buddy... pointed me to simviation.com... I DL'ed a lot of stuff... and I kinda thought I liked this idea of expansion...

That brought me here. I'll never get another sim for sure... and I couldn't ask for better wingmen to enjoy this hobby with me!

Cheers! A toast to MY brothers who I have never even seen in person! :ernae:

wolfi
December 31st, 2008, 11:57
I've had the game when it was $19.99 at Best Buy way back in 2001 or 2002. I played it, liked it, but I was trying to find something better...

Until I talked to a squadron buddy... pointed me to simviation.com... I DL'ed a lot of stuff... and I kinda thought I liked this idea of expansion...

That brought me here. I'll never get another sim for sure... and I couldn't ask for better wingmen to enjoy this hobby with me!

Cheers! A toast to MY brothers who I have never even seen in person! :ernae:

not in person, but in picture...
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewProfile&friendID=439315979

wolfi

Hern07
December 31st, 2008, 13:56
I tried another one of the Sims for awhile. Got it outa my system. If you ever need help with a problem, cfs2 is the way to go. :applause:

Devildog73
December 31st, 2008, 14:45
bretnutz,
I am almost finished with the Tuskegee Airmen final campaign series and Rami will mod them and tweak them and have them ready to post, probably by my birthday. :wiggle:

What Canadian FG would you like to have campaign missions built for?
I will build whatever set of campaigns you would like to honor the sacrifices of the Canadian Armed Forces, our northern cousins. :ernae:

I can honestly say, without any reservations, that in my visits to your wonderful country, I was always treated with respect and welcomed. When I was heading out to Vietnam, the summer before, I went to Canada with my dad. We had a traffic accident in Yukon Territory and Dad spent a week in the hospital in Whitehorse. A Canadian family opened their house to us, fed us, loaned us a vehicle and did our laundry while we awaited Dad's release from the hospital. They were OFFENDED when we offered to pay our own way.

When I was at GFAFB, ND we visited Manitoba at least 10-12 times a year. Manitoba truly is FRIENDLY Manitoba!

My family loves your countrymen. I would have no hesitation doing anything for a Canadian.

Buddha13
January 1st, 2009, 04:25
Hi all,
Bought CFS2 as soon as it was released.Had for the time a really powerful system to run it on.A 600mhz Coppermine P3,32mb TNT Ultra graphicscard,512mb memory.AWE 64 soundcard and 80gb hard drive.Still had some speed problems with that rig.BUT not now it flies like an arrow on any modern rig.Maybe that is why it has remained so wonderful.Because of the power of newer machines it has been able to evolve into the sim it should have been from the start.
I still have the origional boxed copy complete.Plus one back up copy in the newer dvd case.

Buddha13

Devildog73
January 1st, 2009, 04:37
I have the original of all three CFS. I have no backups though.
I wish I knew how to make a backup on DVD.

bretnutz
January 1st, 2009, 23:16
bretnutz,
I am almost finished with the Tuskegee Airmen final campaign series and Rami will mod them and tweak them and have them ready to post, probably by my birthday. :wiggle:

What Canadian FG would you like to have campaign missions built for?
I will build whatever set of campaigns you would like to honor the sacrifices of the Canadian Armed Forces, our northern cousins. :ernae:

I can honestly say, without any reservations, that in my visits to your wonderful country, I was always treated with respect and welcomed. When I was heading out to Vietnam, the summer before, I went to Canada with my dad. We had a traffic accident in Yukon Territory and Dad spent a week in the hospital in Whitehorse. A Canadian family opened their house to us, fed us, loaned us a vehicle and did our laundry while we awaited Dad's release from the hospital. They were OFFENDED when we offered to pay our own way.

When I was at GFAFB, ND we visited Manitoba at least 10-12 times a year. Manitoba truly is FRIENDLY Manitoba!

My family loves your countrymen. I would have no hesitation doing anything for a Canadian.

Hey Devildog.......I hate to burst your bubble....My wife is the Canadian.
I on the other hand was born in U.S.A.....1959-2003....ah Love on the Internet....

I am a son of a USN Sailor...WW2..Korea...Dad is 87.....I was born less than a 2 miles from Mount Vernon....Fort Belivor VA.

a Good College Buddy brought me to his home for a Visit....and I am like one of his Family...so His Mother is related to......Heinz Bretnutz....my name on Sim-Outhouse.....My interest is with JG53/2.

Wulf190
January 1st, 2009, 23:24
Got CFS2 for Christmas in 2000.

First plane I flew when I fired it up was the Corsair out of Henderson.

Amazing what this sim looks like 8 years later.

http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm66/Profbp/P-47.jpg

PomBee
January 2nd, 2009, 00:35
Hi Guys.

I'm with you all the way. I tried CFS3, but I didn't get on with it. You seemed to need a degree in computer science to repaint the aircraft and it didn't seem to be as "user friendly" as CFS2, plus the amount of aircraft, scenery, missions and campaigns etc available for CFS2 is stunning.

LONG LIVE CFS2!!!!

Cheers.

PomBee.:ernae::ernae:

Ravenna
January 2nd, 2009, 03:38
Well put Bretnutz. Coming here is always a special part of the day!
:ernae:

Devildog73
January 3rd, 2009, 12:37
Bretnutz,
I was at the Pentagon for 9 years and lived on Fort Belvoir for 4 of those years! Small world!

safn1949
January 3rd, 2009, 17:11
Hi Guys.

I'm with you all the way. I tried CFS3, but I didn't get on with it. You seemed to need a degree in computer science to repaint the aircraft and it didn't seem to be as "user friendly" as CFS2, plus the amount of aircraft, scenery, missions and campaigns etc available for CFS2 is stunning.

LONG LIVE CFS2!!!!

Cheers.

PomBee.:ernae::ernae:

I never liked CFS 3 because after playing 1 and 2 for so many years they went and changed everything.I was so used to the keybourd and everything else....I gave up,as I have on all of the others but CFS 1 and 2.I like to fly furballs in CFS 1 and love CFS 2,which is where I spend all of my time flying.

Man I was bent when the zone disapeared,I can't keep up with the amount of add ons,fun stuff.:friday:

bretnutz
January 6th, 2009, 11:12
my dad was posted there.....1958-1961.....i happened in 1959

then to Great Lakes...lived in Waukegan IL

miamieagle
January 6th, 2009, 13:00
What I like best about CFS2 is its diversity. I"am a WW2 Guy and not just a ETO or PTO Aviation Afficionado. Thats what I like most about this Sim is the ability to fly over Europe one day and over Burma the next. Its realy that diverse.

It has most AC,Ships,Infrastructure in the Sim World and a World map to boot.

This does not this other the Sims are not pretty good on their term but they are not the only one"s.

This is just my opinion!

Beside I Agree with Brenutz original post whole heartly!:amen:

Shadow Wolf 07
January 6th, 2009, 14:27
Bretnutz,
I was at the Pentagon for 9 years and lived on Fort Belvoir for 4 of those years! Small world!

I was headquartered at Ft Belvoir fir my last 5 years in the army and retired out of there in 98.

Yes, like miamieagle said I love this game's fexibility.

Larry S. Wright
January 6th, 2009, 18:28
I bought CFS2 in 2001 for my birthday and couldn't believe I could actually fly an F4U Instead of build a model and dream about how it must have felt to actually fly. The real amazement is how much better it has become because of all you guys! I really wanted CFS3 when it was released but could not get myself to go out and buy it. Thank God! I also sometimes drool over the bare metal textures of FS2004, but yall just keep making CFS2 so good I just couldn't give up on it. Thanks all you Oh Great Ones! :wavey::applause:

Ghostrider
January 7th, 2009, 10:51
Bretnutz,

:amen: to all the sentiments expressed - been around since day 1 of CFS2. Tried all of the others and keep coming back. CFS2 is beautiful, capable, accessible, expandable - hard to beat. And what a great community.

I lived off of Telegraph Road in Alexandria '72-'77 (Wilton Woods) when Dad was at Belvoir (Dewitt) Spent my time mostly at Bragg.

GR

miamieagle
January 7th, 2009, 11:41
What I like best about CFS2 is its diversity. I"am a WW2 Guy and not just a ETO or PTO Aviation Afficionado. Thats what I like most about this Sim is the ability to fly over Europe one day and over Burma the next. Its really that diverse.

It has most AC,Ships,Infrastructure in the Sim World and a World map to boot.

This does not mean this Sim is better than any other Sim since they are pretty all good on their term but they are not the only one"s. In many ways CFS2 rocks!

This is just my opinion!

Beside I Agree with Brenutz original post whole heartly!:amen:

PS I Reposted my post becuase I really messup my original post!:bump: