PDA

View Full Version : Important for all members

middle
December 30th, 2008, 15:07
It would behoove all of you who care to read especialy the last few posts in the thread below. This thread is for all of you to post your thoughts.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?t=6771

Tailwind
December 30th, 2008, 15:34
Well this is nice. I come into this forum to enjoy a flight sim and get away from the BS of life and what do I get? BS. And from the admins to boot.

I have been a member here for just about a year now. I have met many folks and made many friends. One of who I just lost recently and am still upset about.

Excuse me if I don't like being held hostage by the admins here and at the same time wonder if it will all be taken away because some egos weren't stroked enough.

Bahhh what's the point. There are other games and forums to be played and joined. I am sure they will have the class not to have pissy fits in front of their members

Good bye

middle
December 30th, 2008, 15:59
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?t=6946

This is another place to post your feelings. And I must say this whole thing is not about a "hissy fit" of admins or mods.

middle
December 30th, 2008, 16:10
..and for what it's worth, a place to vote and give reasons why SOH should remain open....
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?t=6917

gimpyguy
December 30th, 2008, 16:35
Is it a money problem? is it a Hacker problem ?

Talk about a rude awakening !!

middle
December 30th, 2008, 16:49
GG, follow the threads by using the links and read them.

hey_moe
December 30th, 2008, 16:59
This is just what we all look forward to reading when we come in here....like TW said...who really give a chet one way or another.So why bother to keep SOH open.
Well this is nice. I come into this forum to enjoy a flight sim and get away from the BS of life and what do I get? BS. And from the admins to boot.

I have been a member here for just about a year now. I have met many folks and made many friends. One of who I just lost recently and am still upset about.

Excuse me if I don't like being held hostage by the admins here and at the same time wonder if it will all be taken away because some egos weren't stroked enough.

Bahhh what's the point. There are other games and forums to be played and joined. I am sure they will have the class not to have pissy fits in front of their members

Good bye

WV-903
December 30th, 2008, 18:02
Just come off my first CFS3 on-line host, 4-6 hrs. it went great, all the flyers enjoyed themselves. And I'm really pleased as being a Computer dunderhead, I been trying to host for a year now and have only just worked it all out. Very satisfying !!!!!! ( Port Fwd -- easy peasy now--LOL !!!! )

This forum is a great way for older guys to get some fun flying combat ( and younger ones ) amongst many other disciplines, so You are bound to get the odd-Hic-up from time to time. I have used the Cow Smilie to try and make folks laugh myself-- I come from a long Ex-Service ( RAF ) background and this sort of humour is what carries you through in times of difficulty. We CFS3'ers, who fly on-line Combat also chat via typeing and Team Speak and what particularly comes across well to me is how similar the Humour is to Life in the Services. We have a good laugh and that is what life is about.------

Don't focus in too deep guys, keep it Light , the written word always seems to get understandings wrong too easily, wheras a quick sort out Face to face or Team Speak Yap will put right 95% of problems.

You have to make things work and so far, I'm pretty impressed with Sim-Outhouse and it's members. --That means to right now !! You've got something pretty good going here, No International Boundaries and I don't need a Passport to Play either.

If someone "Miffs" you off in the Services, they ineveitably get "Labelled"with a silly nick name that really does fit, and some names are brilliant. ( Brian Parkinson a Crew Chief on Vulcan Bombers in 1960-70's was known as " Nosnikrap" because he "miffed" groundcrew off. )

So "Miffed" persons, lighten up Guys, ( get more Combat flying in )

And Moderators and Officials, -- watch out --we're lookin up Nicknames right now.---LOL.

Bill T.

ps:-- Can we have the Smilie Cow back please.

Rami
December 30th, 2008, 18:03
Guys, I understand your frustration as moderators, but please don't shut down a site that has brought so much to so many.

middle
December 30th, 2008, 19:16
Ickie has posted a sticky at all forums..please read it...mid

IMS_RUFUS THE HUN
December 31st, 2008, 06:29
Hey Gents,
I think I understand the picture here. Admin jobs are thankless and it is,afterall,a full time job moderating this sight.Just remember that when you post. Yes I'm guilty of getting too carried away when I play CFS3 and it sometimes rolls over into here.Forgive me. By the polling,it's obvious that most all want to keep it running,me included. With a cooling down period maybe all friction can be disolved and hopefully return to a level we all can live with.Thanks Mods and Admin! I think you have done a great job keeping the best darn flight sim forum going!
Also,here's some words put together by a fellow named Ruis called the Four Agreements. If we all could live by them,no one would have a trouble in the world! Here they are:
Be Impecable with your word(..look up impecable)
Never assume
Never take ANYTHING personal
Always do the best you can!

Serman over.

Remember,our words are sharper than a double sided sword!

Baywing
December 31st, 2008, 06:34
I certainly hope and think there is a mostly silent majority here who treasure this site. If it were to close, the world would not end, but it would be a sadder place. To the admin, I'd say stay and fight. Fight for what you created, and fight against the overly PC world that seems to be taking over every aspect of our lives. If anyone is offended, they can go elsewhere. If someone insults me in my home, they leave or get thrown out, no discussions.
I've learned much here in the short time I've been around, I appreciate the work the Mods and Admins do as well as all the rest of the folks who take the time to reply to help requests, even if the answers get a little grumpy now and again.
This place is worth saving, I'm just hopeful that if the current owners don't want to do it anymore, a new group will come forward and continue it on.

Old Tiger
December 31st, 2008, 06:46
Guys, I understand your frustration as moderators, but please don't shut down a site that has brought so much to so many.

Me included

loverboy1
December 31st, 2008, 06:47
heres the deal , imho

ive run stocks sites and chat rooms ,,, issues galore on egos , and opionions . but heres the bottomline ive learnt :

site is good , site is informative , site is great for addons and the sole purpose of simmers delights .

there will be , always be negative jealous minds , forces of the evil mind always starting up . there will be ego bashing out of greed and mindless drugs ....

the owners must always be alert to this and the issue of rules and regulations are up to the owners . if one doesnt l,ike it leave . cant satifiy the masses but only the few .

so in history we see the same rotated

ego, greed , the holly grail of the decline if one lets it grow ...

i say keep site opne , stick to the rules laid out by the owners and if anyone doesnt like it leave ...keep it simple

LB / JOSHUA

hairyspin
December 31st, 2008, 08:05
There are other games and forums to be played and joined. I am sure they will have the class not to have pissy fits in front of their members

I hope you can find one, TW. There used to be another I knew but the cobwebs are thickening over the posts as I write (sniff!). This is the most civilised site for CFS3 I've known in three or four years and the most active, I'd be sorry to lose it.

I don't know why Ickie and Co. run SOH, I don't know why people develop aircraft, scenery, facilities, missions etc which take months of effort and then make them available to all for free. Altruism, personal vanity, bloody-mindedness, naivety: who can say? What I can say is that simple-minded saps like me appreciate all your efforts and hope SOH continues

Cheers, Ickie! :friday:

GRS_Cobra 1
December 31st, 2008, 08:35
PLEASE DON"T PULL THE PLUG!!!!!!!!!!
If it was not for you guys most of us would have moved on to other things ( Thanks to Microsuck pulling the plug on their server and leaving us stuck out like step-children) Most of our games would be on the shelf collecting dust.
Thank God alot of us found our way here.
CFS3 is almost the only thing that frees my mind of all the daily BS in the world! All the people that have found there way here and have any sence at all would be saddened greatly to see this site go away.
The People here are fun to fly with and have helped me alot to become a worthy opponant and to be able to create a very heavily modded game ( 315 Planes ) if not for the people who have devoted so much time and effort to keep cfs3 alive as well as some of the other FS games we would be screwed!!!!!
I would hate to think that this site has become a health issuse ( though it has raised MY blood pressure from time to time..lol ) for anyone, but if it has, we all, I'm sure, would understand and wish them the best on a speedy recovery.
I'm sure that that the SOH staff are doing their best to help keep the site going. And I could promise you that if I had the knowledge to help with this endeavor I would do what I could to help.
So to all you Lovers of the game and this site that can help in any way I'm sure the SOH staff and all of us virtual pilots would be greatly indebted to you.
And thats all I have to say about that.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/images/statusicon1/user_online.gif http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/images/buttons/report.gif (http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/report.php?p=72071) http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/images/misc/progress.gif

Olham54
December 31st, 2008, 08:54
Hey, Ron
Coming from the OFF department, I still couldn't make out, what actually happened. Only so much, that you are thinking about giving up this whole Forum, because some people complained about the bull ?
I think, the administrator of a forum, might often come to a point like this. A main reason must be, that some threads or single contributions trigger off chain reactions of "writing-before-thinking" fireworks. So, within a short time, a lot of b......t may be piled up with no effort brainwise.
I hope and wish for you and your great work all this time, that you will get over this, catch a deep breath, and go on with all the others of us, who deeply appreciate this good forum.
Personnaly, I have gone through some very bad time the last two years. Then I came across this forum and the great "OFF family", and since, I'm in here 3 -4 times every day. I made a donation, cause I understand, all this must be kept going somehow. And I want to say a big "thank you" for all this - I'm so glad, I can be here.
Don't throw all this away for the unawareness of some of those people, you'll find everywhere. I'd really like to encourage you to carry on, as I can't imagine to find another Forum like this anywere again.

Hope, all this is understandable, as I'm German, and don't know, if my English was all correct.
I want to wish you a sound and happy New Year 2009, Ron. Carry on!
Detlev "Olham" Mahlo :wavey:

loverboy1
December 31st, 2008, 09:15
HEY WHERE YOU IN WAR .... curious . not sure your

age .

tks

joshua hamilton ontario

canada

Old Tiger
December 31st, 2008, 09:16
heres the deal , imho

ive run stocks sites and chat rooms ,,, issues galore on egos , and opionions . but heres the bottomline ive learnt :

site is good , site is informative , site is great for addons and the sole purpose of simmers delights .

there will be , always be negative jealous minds , forces of the evil mind always starting up . there will be ego bashing out of greed and mindless drugs ....

the owners must always be alert to this and the issue of rules and regulations are up to the owners . if one doesnt l,ike it leave . cant satifiy the masses but only the few .

so in history we see the same rotated

ego, greed , the holly grail of the decline if one lets it grow ...

i say keep site opne , stick to the rules laid out by the owners and if anyone doesnt like it leave ...keep it simple

LB / JOSHUA

:applause:Well said LB

flashgordon
December 31st, 2008, 20:27
I know I for one would greatly miss SOH if it were to close. Most days I drop in every couple of hours to check the posts on CFS3 and very occasionally add a comment.

The hard work of the admin guys is much appreciated by many although this is seldom expressed. Anyone who posts should always ensure they do not deliberately offend fellow members and those who cannot follow the simple courtesies of life should go elsewhere.

It being the time of year for honours to be announced in the UK my award goes to the admin guys.

:medals::medals::medals::medals::medals::medals:

(Hope this doesn't offend any ex colonials.)

peterpan
January 1st, 2009, 02:16
Canelo Kid stated that "Without Ickie there will be no SOH in about 60 days"

Ickie's health has suffered in service to all of us and therefore we cannot expect him to continue.

Ergo. SOH is closing down

For me SOH is irreplaceable, as I am sure it is for all of us.All I can now only look forward to is the apparent end of my CFS days in 2 months.

To Ickie and Canelo Kid may I say a really heartfelt thank you for all you have made possible for me over the past few years.

Thank you again,
sincere regards,
Peter

p.s. A wartime motto in many factories "Nil Illegitimi Carborundum"
(rough translation 'Don't let the bastards grind you down')

peterpan
January 1st, 2009, 02:36
YIPPEE ! ! !

just read on OFF forum CK has said 'problem resolved'
"SOH ain't going nowhere" expect an announcement in a few days.

Now that has made my year.

peter

:jump::jump::jump::jump::wiggle::ernae::applause:: applause::applause:

hey_moe
January 1st, 2009, 02:50
Going to close this thread, After some discussion all matters are resolved, announcement coming soon.