PDA

View Full Version : FSD Cessna 337 and 02

falcon409
July 27th, 2012, 21:30
Haven't had these two in a long time and purchasing the 337 and 02 was a "no-brainer" since the only other Cessna 337 is about $40. US (the bundle at FSD was $16). My question has to do with starting them. If I load them in the VC view, I can start them up using the normal switches, no problem there. However in the exterior, all the tie-downs, ladders and tool boxes are in place. The only way to remove those is to briefly switch to the 2D panel and then back to the VC. Problem is, when I switch to the 2D the engines shut down and refuse to restart. If I open the airplane in the 2D, the engines won't start even if I switch to the VC. So the only way (right now) to be able to fly either one is to fly with the junk showing in the exterior.

Has anyone had this problem and if so how did you fix it?

Just to cut down on the questions and answers. . . .I checked the aircraft failures and there's nothing amiss there. . . .yes the fuel selectors are set correctly. . . . .yes the magneto's are set correctly. . . .yes I have fuel on-board.
Also, irregardless how detailed the other "337" is, I'm not going to buy it, so please don't include that as one of the "fixes".

gradyhappyg
July 27th, 2012, 23:21
Never had that problem with the 337 but did you run the Load Manager thingy first?
I had some goofy stuff happen with their Porter and that fixed it.

falcon409
July 28th, 2012, 02:59
Never had that problem with the 337 but did you run the Load Manager thingy first?
I had some goofy stuff happen with their Porter and that fixed it.
Thanks, I ran both Load Managers before I started FSX.:salute:

Tim_FSD
July 28th, 2012, 06:31
In order for the software to initialize correctly when it is loaded into Flight Simulator you need to load it in either 2D or 3D panel view, and not in any of the exterior views. That allows all the panel gauges to load, and with it, all of the systems and software variables. Then you can switch to any view you like. If you load the plane in exterior view as you describe you can try cycling through all of the views by pressing the 'A' key. Then everything should initialize.

With respect to the ground equipment; assuming the software has initialized, when the engines are running and the parking brake is OFF the equipment wildisappearar.

*Note: We can get you faster support if you post in our support forum, or send an inquiry directly to us from our support page. Otherwise I will only see questions like this whenever I am browsing through the various FS forums.:salute: