PDA

View Full Version : Aerosoft F-16 turning....????

skyhawka4m
July 25th, 2012, 18:04
Ok...I have an issue that has been bugging me ever since I bought this plane many moons ago.......For the life of me I can not get this thing to do tight turns....something along the lines of what these guys do on take off......

http://youtu.be/OeVzuEcRFxE

Is there something I'm missing here? A setting or button? A cfg update? HELP!!!

timghetta
July 25th, 2012, 19:04
Hey Skyhawka4m,

Depends on your load out, the real F-16 has CAT configurations due to weight on the wings. Contrary to belief, the F-16 being know to pull tight 9G turns, is with out ordinance only. So they have a limiter depending on the loadouts, if not you will rip off the wings. So Aerosoft did that with various air files to do this. So if you you choose a Bird with bombs and fuel tanks it will be CAT3 and not have the same tight turns as if you choose a F-16 with just aim9/120 or smoke-winders on the tip (CAT1).

See if you get different results between the various load outs.

-Tim

skyhawka4m
July 26th, 2012, 02:37
I'm flying with just about the same load out as the SD ANG birds in that video and getting no where near what they are getting. rolls are better but turns are still not close to what they are getting.

Ferry_vO
July 26th, 2012, 11:09
I've tried in one of the Nellis F-16's that comes with a four missile and one center pod loadout and could replicate the video almost exactly. Take-off at 130 kts, retract gear, accelerate to about 270 kt, roll and pull nine G's.