PDA

View Full Version : Odd icon on my Firefox tool bar

FSX68
July 21st, 2012, 18:04
I got this strange red icon looks like a red duck with headphones on the Firefox toolbbar and when you put your cursor over it
it says "no downloads on this page. I want to delete it and don't know how it got there in the first place.

Anyone know what this is?

OBIO
July 21st, 2012, 21:46
With Firefox running, bring up the Task Manager. Look at the list of Processes. Look for anything that is music related, download related, plug in related. It will be in that list somewhere. I have no idea what it is or where it came from....but that is where I would start in removing it.....

Once you have identified what it is, go to Control Panel and the Add/Remove Programs thingie. Find the download toolbar thingie....and uninstall it. You will most likely have to do a reboot to fully remove it.

OBIO

glh
July 22nd, 2012, 07:45
I got this strange red icon looks like a red duck with headphones on the Firefox toolbbar and when you put your cursor over it
it says "no downloads on this page. I want to delete it and don't know how it got there in the first place.

Anyone know what this is?

I would venture a guess that it has something to do with music applications and/or downloads. Possibly you added a piece of software to your computer -- a lot of these come with attempts to have you insert a toobar or define a default search engine or, in your case, add an icon for some default service. You probably didn't check the "No, Thanks" box when it was added -- if it had a "No, Thanks" box.

Obio's post pretty well sums up how to get rid of it.

Dangerousdave26
July 22nd, 2012, 09:42
Its an add on to firefox.

Look for the add-ons Manager menu in firefox. You can disable or remove it from there.

glh
July 22nd, 2012, 10:07
Yes, a Firefox Add-on. Here's what you have:

FSX68
July 22nd, 2012, 13:51
Yes, a Firefox Add-on. Here's what you have:

Yup...You nailed it. I found it and un-enabled it and the icon disappeared. Thanks for you help.

:salute: