PDA

View Full Version : Virtavia Sale!

andersel
July 20th, 2012, 18:41
Virtavia is having a MASSIVE 50% off sale at the FS Pilot Shop.

Jagdflieger
July 20th, 2012, 20:56
Just picked up the Do 214 and the He 111. I'll get them into the air in the sim after attending the McChord Field air show tomorrow.

awj112
July 21st, 2012, 06:39
For more savings, switch to Geico... Oops, I mean go the the PC aviator on Tuesday for an additional 10% off. It becomes a 60% Virtavia sale.

ThinkingManNeil
July 21st, 2012, 15:45
Damn, and I just emptied my PayPal account buying a camera mount for my telescope. Anybody know how long the sale's gonna last? I'd like to pick up the Yak-52 (the tailwheel version looks pretty nifty...)

N.

hawkeye52
July 21st, 2012, 18:34
Jul 20 :SUMMER SALE ! The entire Virtavia collection of models can now be had for HALF PRICE ! Head over to your favourite vendor. Sale must end July 27 .....

From the Virtavia site.

- H52

Duckie
July 21st, 2012, 19:44
Anybody know if there are available paint kits for the A-6 and 105?

ian elliot
July 21st, 2012, 23:00
Just bought the Sea Vixen and Hunter, odd thing is though, i was really after their EE Lightning pack but it seems to have disapeard from their collection. may go back for the Neptune and B-47 in a few days.
cheers ian

EMatheson
July 22nd, 2012, 06:42
I've had my eye on the Yak-52s for a while... and was finally able to get them. Wow! They are more than worth the money!

Moses03
July 22nd, 2012, 10:27
Picked up the de Havilland Vampire. I have a weakness for the early jets. :cool:

Taco
July 22nd, 2012, 11:41
Hehe, I just purchased the F-89 Scorpion a few days before the sale at the full price! Boo-Hoo, It's fair enough tho, after all the freeware they have given us!

Taco:ichile:

hawkeye52
July 22nd, 2012, 12:19
....go the the PC aviator on Tuesday for an additional 10% off. It becomes a 60% Virtavia sale.

Why Tuesday? A little more info, please.

- H52

Ferry_vO
July 22nd, 2012, 12:36
Tuesdays are 'ten off tuesday' at PC Aviator, so another ten percent off everything, sales included. :)

luckydog
July 22nd, 2012, 14:59
I've had my eye on the Yak-52s for a while... and was finally able to get them. Wow! They are more than worth the money!

Hey EM !!! I picked up the Yaks as well but am getting frequent "shuddering" during cruise.......have you run into this ???

EMatheson
July 22nd, 2012, 15:43
Hey EM !!! I picked up the Yaks as well but am getting frequent "shuddering" during cruise.......have you run into this ???
No, no issues here. I find them sweet flyers, just as beautiful to fly as they are to look at!
Then again, I don't usually use the AP, so if there is an issue there, I haven't found it. (I don't do many long distance flights, 30 to 50 miles is generally far enough for me.)

hawkeye52
July 22nd, 2012, 18:28
Tuesdays are 'ten off tuesday' at PC Aviator, so another ten percent off everything, sales included. :)

Thanks for the info, Ferry. I'm planning a substantial purchase, so pennies count! :salute:

- H52

fsafranek
July 23rd, 2012, 07:36
Anybody know if there are available paint kits for the A-6 and 105?
All Alphasim/Virtavia paint kits should be here: http://www.easyfly.co.nz/Freeware/index.php?dir=/Paint%20Kits.

If you don't see what you need PM me and I'll get Phil to add it or if I built the original kit (F-105 for example) I'll get it to you.
:ernae:

Duckie
July 23rd, 2012, 07:55
All Alphasim/Virtavia paint kits should be here: http://www.easyfly.co.nz/Freeware/index.php?dir=/Paint%20Kits.

If you don't see what you need PM me and I'll get Phil to add it or if I built the original kit (F-105 for example) I'll get it to you.
:ernae:

Hi Frank, thanks very kindly for the offer, sir. First place I looked was the freeware site and didn't see them. Found one for the EA-6B but not for the others. PM to you in a bit.

Regards,

Steve

andersel
July 24th, 2012, 17:01
Thanks awj112. I waited until today to take advantage of 10% Tuesday at PCA and picked up the B-24, the C-17A and the EA-6B Prowler. I am seriously considering going back for the Skyray and/or the Demon. Geez!, I am SUCH a junkie.

LA

Jagdflieger
July 25th, 2012, 07:58
Andersel,

I bought the Skyray during a previous sale and have never regreted it. While growing up I thought it was one of the neatest jets flying ... gues I still do.

Desert Rat
July 25th, 2012, 10:16
Tuesday saw me buy the Tu22, Tu22M and the Demon (I think it's 'funky' and you can definitely see the Demon/Voodoo/Phantom II family lineage, which is a great thing in my eyes.)

I also bought the Seaking pack again as when I originally bought it from AlphaSim I only bought the UK pack, got it to add the US versions.

Agree with Jagd about the Skyray, very neat. I thought I had it, turns out I don't, my recollections must have been about the paint kit from their freeware site. I'd get it to now, but blown my pocket-money already, bummer!!

Jamie

expat
July 26th, 2012, 02:58
The one I really wanted - the B-36 - doesn't seem to be there. Didn't Alphasim do a Peacemaker?

Ferry_vO
July 26th, 2012, 03:13
Yes, they did. Maybe it will appear on their freeware site someday..?

awj112
July 26th, 2012, 08:47
Yes, they did. Maybe it will appear on their freeware site someday..?

Hoping the B-52 will show up there as well.

Jagdflieger
July 26th, 2012, 20:28
Not sure what happened to the Peacekeeper, but it is sure worth the effort to download if it ever shows up again.

TARPSBird
July 26th, 2012, 21:14
I never got the AlphaSim F-8E Crusader for FS9 when it was available. :banghead: Phil said they have no plans to re-release it or make it available as freeware. If/when Sylvain Parouty comes out with his F-8 package for FSX I'm on it like crows on road-kill.

awj112
July 27th, 2012, 08:04
I never got the AlphaSim F-8E Crusader for FS9 when it was available. :banghead: Phil said they have no plans to re-release it or make it available as freeware. If/when Sylvain Parouty comes out with his F-8 package for FSX I'm on it like crows on road-kill.

That's another one I am glad I picked up then... I think I got it on sale some place.

Kind of sad to see it die really. I think I purchased it based on Grover's old Alphasim videos.

There is the this one (http://simviation.com/1/search?submit=1&keywords=crusader.zip&categoryId=&filename=Y)...

andersel
July 27th, 2012, 18:33
I just couldn't justify purchasing both the Skyray AND the Demon so I went with the F4D this time. Lots and lots of textures available for it and it is just soooo swoopy. Jets from my kidhood... woohoo!

LA

Blackbird686
July 28th, 2012, 07:30
There is the this one (http://simviation.com/1/search?submit=1&keywords=crusader.zip&categoryId=&filename=Y)...

And THAT one is an EXCELLENT Crusader for FS9. I have been flying it for several years, very nice attention to detail and it comes in US NAVY and MARINE versions as well as French Air Force. Even a US Navy Blue Angels variant. It's a freebie and a must have if you are an F-8 Crusader fan. :salute: Sorry, didn't mean to get off topic... I thought at one time Alphasim had released their Crusader as freeware, maybe not.

BB686:USA-flag:

TARPSBird
July 28th, 2012, 19:43
Downloaded that 'Sader yesterday after awj112 posted the link (thank you). Excellent package with good choice of paint jobs. Still have to figure out all the switchology for the animations and such.