PDA

View Full Version : Nikumaroro not giving up its secrets.

crashaz
July 19th, 2012, 20:57
Looks like TIGHAR ran into every problem they could find.

http://tighar.com/projects/earhart/niku7/niku7dailies3.html

lefty
July 20th, 2012, 04:05
Can't get anything on that address, Crashaz.. Think it should be tighar.org, not .com ?

Jagdflieger
July 20th, 2012, 05:44
Too bad that they've had bad luck. I had hoped they would enjoy a measure of success.

aeromed202
July 20th, 2012, 06:03
Try this. I haven't read anything yet.

http://tighar.org/Projects/Earhart/Niku7/niku7dailies3.html

robert41
July 20th, 2012, 15:09
Been following this closely. I think tighar has found out something that many of us know. The Pacific is a big ocean!

crashaz
July 20th, 2012, 17:14
DOH! Thanks guys for catching the link. Im watching National Treasure....maybe we need to send Ben Gates.:icon_lol:

TARPSBird
July 20th, 2012, 21:46
Been following this closely. I think tighar has found out something that many of us know. The Pacific is a big ocean!
You got that right. If Amelia and Fred did end up on Nikumaroro their remains have long since been washed away and the Lockheed shredded and carried away on Pacific currents. I think it's about time TIGHAR gave up on the Earhart project and returned their focus to research and recovery projects on land where they have a greater chance of success.

gradyhappyg
July 20th, 2012, 22:32
You got that right. If Amelia and Fred did end up on Nikumaroro their remains have long since been washed away and the Lockheed shredded and carried away on Pacific currents. I think it's about time TIGHAR gave up on the Earhart project and returned their focus to research and recovery projects on land where they have a greater chance of success.

Agree 100%.
Too late for a rescue anywhoo.
Now if the guy wants to find something lost how about those car keys I lost in the yard back in 1993.
It's only 2 acres to search and I would be willing to toss a couple of bucks his way find em or not.

stansdds
July 21st, 2012, 04:29
Once again it seems to be much ado about nothing. I agree, any remains are long gone. There seems to be plenty of circumstantial evidence, but conclusive evidence is not likely to ever be found. Time to call it quits, methinks.

The definition of insanity: Trying the same thing time and time again, getting the same result each time, but expecting a different result each time.