PDA

View Full Version : ...And Another One By Kaz Ito!

stuartcox
July 16th, 2012, 01:59
Kaz seems to be going into overdrive!
I just found this on the Surclaro site...

FS2002/FS2004 Mil Mi-12 Hormer (http://www.surclaro.com/fsdownload-detail-20804.html)http://www.surclaro.com/images/download/new_1.gif

http://static1.surclaro.net/thumb/thresize/addons/images/mil12_833.jpg (http://www.surclaro.com/fsdownload-detail-20804.html)
FS2002/FS2004 Mil Mi-12 Hormer. Mi-12 is the largest helicopter ever built. The name Mi-12 would have been the name for the production helicopter. Since the V-12 never went into production and only two prototypes were built, the name Mi-12 was never officially adopted. by Kazunori Ito

Filesize: 3.51 MB | Added on: 16-Jul-2012 (http://www.surclaro.com/downloads_date_16-Jul-2012.html) | Downloads: 2

This looks familiar, but I maybe wrong. It could be a re-release but I can't find an other Mi-12 for fs9 anywhere.
I like it, but it certainly needs some tweaking to be done.

falcon409
July 16th, 2012, 03:54
It was released in February of this year on flightsim.com (mil12_833.zip). Ito normally releases his airplanes there and that's where you'll find all his work. Surclaro probably just picked it up and added it to their downloads.:salute:

Marine0326
July 16th, 2012, 13:18
Sorry Falcon, but we (SurClaro) don't go around picking things up. If it was uploaded by someone other than the author, then I need to know about so it can be taken down.

Semper Fi

RD / Ardie

Navtech
July 16th, 2012, 13:38
Of course .. dunno who posted at Sunclaro ..
What I know is that the two archives size are not the same
Open archives with Winzip and check (with properties option)
The one from Flightsim = 3 685 071
The one from Sunclaro = 3 684 726

falcon409
July 16th, 2012, 21:20
Well, whoever "uploaded it" didn't add any evidence that they were there. The readme has no additional entries to state that it's a re-upload that I can see and the files appear to be the same. The size difference is minor and could just reflect a different compression during the zip process. At any rate, it's not a new entry, it was originally uploaded in February and if you want the original, go to flightsim and download it.:salute:

huub vink
July 17th, 2012, 10:46
Navtech that can easily be caused by the program used to compress the file, it doesn't say anything about the contents.

Cheers,
Huub

Of course .. dunno who posted at Sunclaro ..
What I know is that the two archives size are not the same
Open archives with Winzip and check (with properties option)
The one from Flightsim = 3 685 071
The one from Sunclaro = 3 684 726

Navtech
July 17th, 2012, 12:16
Navtech that can easily be caused by the program used to compress the file, it doesn't say anything about the contents.

Received 5/5
Now .. why Mr Ito will use two different programs for the same archive ?
One for flightsim and a different for Sunclaro
This can be a clue that the Sunclaro upload (despite no different content) is maybe not made by Mr Ito
Dunno if Mr Ito allow his files to be uploaded anywhere ...
This was just about my emphasize ...

napamule
July 17th, 2012, 13:27
Stuart,
I have a set that I made back in Feb when it first came out. Modified my Rotodyne files and the results were good. You take off with 2 of flaps, and have to pull back on stick (pitch trim don't make it). Then remove flaps to zoom off (200 kts). To land you use spoiler for 2 seconds, then retract. Use full flaps (3 pos) and when it slows and 'hovers' then remove 1 of flaps to force it down. Too fast a vertical speed? Then put the 3rd notch of flaps in for a second when it's almost on ground. Remove it to finish (vertical) landing. This is a BIG aircraft, so it handles heavy and requires you land it gently (which it does). Here is zip. Hope you like.
Chuck B
Napamule

stuartcox
July 17th, 2012, 13:58
Stuart,
I have a set that I made back in Feb when it first came out. Modified my Rotodyne files and the results were good. You take off with 2 of flaps, and have to pull back on stick (pitch trim don't make it). Then remove flaps to zoom off (200 kts). To land you use spoiler for 2 seconds, then retract. Use full flaps (3 pos) and when it slows and 'hovers' then remove 1 of flaps to force it down. Too fast a vertical speed? Then put the 3rd notch of flaps in for a second when it's almost on ground. Remove it to finish (vertical) landing. This is a BIG aircraft, so it handles heavy and requires you land it gently (which it does). Here is zip. Hope you like.
Chuck B
Napamule

Thanks Chuck!

I myself haven't made any alterations on it yet, but will certainly give your FDE's a go!
I want to try and change some of the textures and lighting, exhaust and especially the sound.
Certainly looks like a fun model!
I haven't been on the sim lately, as I'm crippled with a shattered wrist, but still following the SOH forums.
Will try asap...

Thanks again, Stuart :icon29:

falcon409
July 17th, 2012, 15:26
Received 5/5
Now .. why Mr Ito will use two different programs for the same archive ?
One for flightsim and a different for Sunclaro
This can be a clue that the Sunclaro upload (despite no different content) is maybe not made by Mr Ito
Dunno if Mr Ito allow his files to be uploaded anywhere ...
This was just about my emphasize ...
Duly noted.