PDA

View Full Version : Aeroplane Heaven closes doors...

Ferry_vO
July 10th, 2012, 07:06
Just noticed this:

http://www.aeroplaneheaven.com/

The hangar doors at Aeroplane Heaven are finally closing for good. This decision is based on personal factors and the need to re-focus our efforts for the future in these most difficult times.

Our products will continue to be available from FS Pilot Shop (http://www.fspilotshop.com/index.php?manufacturers_id=73&osCsid=c353cad36d62b27620030cb1fb7096ed) and others and our relationships with our business partners will continue. This move only affects our on-line Aeroplane Heaven "shop" and the freeware collection will continue, available here: Freeware (http://www.aeroplaneheaven.com/ahmembers/index.html)

Please be aware though that there will be no support for freeware.

In close to 11 years of operation, we have brought you flyable replicas of all types of aeroplane from the fighting "stringbags" of World War 1 through training machines and warbirds of WW2 and fast jets.

We have won many awards for our work over the years and were one of the first developers to make a free add-on for "all-new" CFS3 - the Messerschmitt BF109E.

Please note that only limited support will now be available for our products but as always, we will do what we can. Existing owners will still be able to access their downloads if they need replacing and we will continue support for these. Contact us here Support (help@aeroplaneheaven.com)

We'd like to take this opportunity to thank all our loyal customers, friends and suppliers for your support over the years and wish you all the very best for the future. Play and stay safe.

Oh and remember...it always pays to read the manual.
Cheerio folks.

The Aeroplane Heaven team.

tommieboy
July 10th, 2012, 07:45
Bummer,

It's always sad to see an old friend go.

Tommy

stovall
July 10th, 2012, 07:58
Aeroplane Heaven, when I first got started with this hobby, these developers were one of the best I ever purchased from. Their site was just as it says, Aeroplane Heaven. The Bf-109E was especially a favorite. Thanks to all at Aeroplane Heaven!!!

stiz
July 10th, 2012, 08:09
bazzar .. you moving to a justflight dev only then now and just closeing the AH shop?

Roger
July 10th, 2012, 09:06
Really sorry to see the AH banner go Baz! I hope this doesn't mean the end of your design studio too?
All the best mate:ernae:

Roger.

fsxar177
July 10th, 2012, 09:43
No doubt, AH has been an underlying foundation for other developers to build from. They have inspired many, and succeeded in much! Best of success for future endeavors!

Joseph

Barnes
July 10th, 2012, 09:47
Thanks for all the great products guys :salute:

mike_cyul
July 10th, 2012, 09:47
No doubt, AH has been an underlying foundation for other developers to build from. They have inspired many, and succeeded in much! Best of success for future endeavors!
Joseph

Yes, indeed. The AH Boomerang was a favourite of mine back then - and definitely laid the foundation for wanting to do my own much later. Thanks, AH! You will be missed.

Mike

CodyValkyrie
July 10th, 2012, 10:10
Ok, perhaps I misread this? From what I have gathered they will continue to finish the contracts which they have set out already, and are simply closing the actual AH hangar doors themselves. It is then possible they may further continue to develop with JustFlight perhaps? Thoughts?

stiz
July 10th, 2012, 10:14
and are simply closing the actual AH hangar doors themselves. It is then possible they may further continue to develop with JustFlight perhaps? Thoughts?

thats what i'm thinking, after all they havent released an addon under the AH door for years, why carry on paying for the site if its not being used?

huub vink
July 10th, 2012, 10:35
It's a pity to see one of the oldest names disappear. My first pay-ware add-on was the AH Battle of Britain set for CFS2. Great set as it contained the first decent early Spitfire and Bf109 Emil.

Their Tiger Moth is still one of my favourite models.

Cheers,
Huub

fliger747
July 10th, 2012, 10:48
All the best to Bazz and the crew for whatever the future brings

Tom

Roadburner440
July 10th, 2012, 14:11
Their P-38 was a favorite of mine, and I have the most hours in FSX on that one bird as I flew it around the globe. They will certaintly be missed. Hopefully they can over come their difficulties and come back.

FSX68
July 10th, 2012, 14:17
I clicked on the link to the "Freeware" stuff and wonder if any of the addons are FSX compatable? I noticed a lot of FS9 and older stuff.

crashaz
July 10th, 2012, 18:26
sad to see AH go. Thought they had more say in the AH releases than the JF releases. I wish Baz an team the very best in their next endeavors. :salute:

delta_lima
July 10th, 2012, 22:12
I clicked on the link to the "Freeware" stuff and wonder if any of the addons are FSX compatable? I noticed a lot of FS9 and older stuff.

Their AH Seafire III works good - I think there's a few prop/glass bits to fix (can't recall, it was edited years ago), but it looks and works fine in FSX.

DL

Martyn
July 11th, 2012, 00:34
bazzar .. you moving to a justflight dev only then now and just closeing the AH shop?

Correct :)

IanHenry
July 11th, 2012, 01:13

Good, that's reassuring, at least we can look forward to service as normal!

Regards,
Ian.

cajj1
July 11th, 2012, 02:24

Pleased to hear that. Is the F-111 currently in development an AH model?

Martyn
July 15th, 2012, 23:49
Partially, yes.

dharris
July 16th, 2012, 06:06
Good luck in the future Baz, been a good run lots of well deserved accolades and some really great craft. My favorite of course is the Connie, no suprise there. Don

mikezola
July 16th, 2012, 07:48
Greetings-

I'll miss AH also- lots of nice aircraft there... too bad they never released the Veltro that I was told was close to finished... Just the same, good luck with whatever the future holds...

-Mike Z.