PDA

View Full Version : Piracy Spotted (Uiver Team Dc-2) Very heavy

Flame-Prop
July 10th, 2012, 04:42
I wanted to check up on the DC-2 today, did view of the official site for any news and I did remember re-reading how important each copy they sell is very important as the plane requires maintenance costs.Did some looking to make sure the plane is not pirated on the net, so Spotted some bastards distributing the plane for "free" on the world wide web, not sure if anyone spotted these guys but I know I did. My proof of purchase certificate is 958913-8SN7M2T9 from Flight1.com

So, "FS2004 Uiver Team Douglas DC2"

link removed
Then goold old Pirate bay, uploaded by a user called Ugly Bob (http://user/Ugly%20Bob/)

link removed

Next we have the motherload which displays multiple torrent sites with a possible upload on each

link removed

And more

link removed

Continues here..

link removed

More....

link removed

link removed

All links removed by Roger. We do not want to help the pirates!

jeansy
July 10th, 2012, 04:52
why post the links????

all you just did is promote the links of the pirated software

not a wise move

Mathias
July 10th, 2012, 04:56
If you are really concerned about piracy do not post those links!

papab
July 10th, 2012, 04:59
Need to delete this thread...
Rick

Roger
July 10th, 2012, 05:01
I've removed all the links. It shows just how much pirating there is over an aircraft that was produced to help maintain Uiver.

Daveroo
July 10th, 2012, 05:03
i dont know for certin,as i cant speak for him..but i dont believe he wasnt meaning harm buy posting the links,rather he was "exposing" the links.to show us the ones who were/are in the wrong?..just a guess on my part,but again..i dont beleive the original poster meant harm...was just alreting us all to the sites

jeansy
July 10th, 2012, 05:08
i dont know for certin,as i cant speak for him..but i dont believe he wasnt meaning harm buy posting the links,rather he was "exposing" the links.to show us the ones who were/are in the wrong?..just a guess on my part,but again..i dont beleive the original poster meant harm...was just alreting us all to the sites

no i dont think he was meaning any harm, its just a lapse of judgement, we all have them from time to time

Flame-Prop
July 10th, 2012, 05:11
no i dont think he was meaning any harm, its just a lapse of judgement, we all have them from time to time

Yes.... ahh thank you for that....the goal of showing the links was to fully expose the problem, my apologies for the way It was done

Ferry_vO
July 10th, 2012, 05:41
Is there anything that isn't pirated yet..? at some point you just have to let it go, as you can't fight it anyway... The people that upload have usually no interest in what they've uploaded and have no idea how much work the original author put into it. Do you loose sales? Probably, but not nearly as much as the number of downloads.

When it first appeared on a pirate site one of our team members made a comment about supporting a good cause and basically was told to "SFW? STFU and GTFO".

Guess it's better to support those who did buy it than to get upset about a bunch of idiots that didn't and probably never would have anyway.

Mathias
July 10th, 2012, 06:06
Very well put, Ferry!
If we had a like button you'd get a cookie from me. :wiggle::salute:

guzler
July 10th, 2012, 08:55
I agree with Ferry,

All this anti-piracy malarky when trying to install aircraft is a pain for paying customers, yet you can still find them on't internet pirate sites.

I can only imagine how hurtful it is to developers, but I sometimes think that the challenges of installing / reinstalling some addons loses more paying customers than piracy does.

aeronca1
July 10th, 2012, 09:08
but I sometimes think that the challenges of installing / reinstalling some addons loses more paying customers than piracy does.

Which is why I only have/had one Captain Sim product....

Tako_Kichi
July 10th, 2012, 09:10
Which is why I only have/had one Captain Sim product....
+1 from me on this.

Firekitten
July 10th, 2012, 09:46
Its a pain alright... Its the reason why I didn't reinstall the sibwings birddog with my reinstall of fsx.... too many bleedin hoops to jump through. Flight one products aren't much better... needed 5 passwords to reinstall instant scenery2! But I do see why they do it... its their product, and for some reason, people imagine that the internet is not 'real life' and as such, can act like muppets... that seems to extend to personal property too... but hey, its the internet, its not like they stole a tv! (their mentality, not me agreeing) To me, its one and the same... as I'm sure it is to all of us... Its why SOH is one of the more mature sim sites... people seem to realise the internet is real life too... heh. Anyway, less ranting. Its a pity its up, but not much we can do.

bushpilot
July 10th, 2012, 10:05
A few months back, after surfacing from my flight sim hiatus, I installed and activated my SibWings BirdDog. After a few days I did some hardware upgrades, and had to activate it again, because my hardware-id changed. The response was "you have activated BD recently and now have to wait two weeks to get it activated again":kilroy::kilroy: That's not really something you would expect as a paying customer.

CodyValkyrie
July 10th, 2012, 10:05
To be fair, many of the products you guys mention (such as those from Flight1, etc) are pirated only in limited quantities, and rarely cracked. I had a conversation the other day with a gentleman who swore up and down that the VRS Superbug had been pirated and cracked. Not only do I know the developer personally as a friend, we're both quite aware of the "hack" they used to "try" to crack the software.... and guess what? It doesn't work. Sure, they can use the plane for a bit.... but nobody as of yet has actually FULLY cracked the software, and it will likely stay that way for a LONG time, if ever. Other developers take a different approach, and I commend them all trying. Most of the time these systems only take seconds to register, but there are a few ones such as those offered by an infamous company that makes 737s that are completely absurd and further require activation from a team member (which can take days). I still find the VRS system one of the easiest but most secure systems of anti-piracy in the FS community. I know one particular company that only sold a handful of the aircraft, but it was pirated by hundreds (perhaps thousands) of people sadly. Developers will sometimes take steps to protect their assets, and you can't blame them for it. In the long run while it may seem like more bothersome than helpful, I suspect it also protects the end-users because if they can maximize their profits and help put an end to the piracy of their aircraft, they can continue to develop more aircraft.

Just my thoughts.

huub vink
July 10th, 2012, 10:14
DC-2 pirated.... that's why RobCap made me purchase it twice :icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol:!

(Really! He told me it was to test his wrapper!)

Even when you purchase a model you don't like there is always a chance the developer will made a next model, which you might like.....

Cheers,
Huub

Flame-Prop
July 10th, 2012, 14:29
I guess the development of some aircraft are truly amazing, to give you goose bumps. I have to say, aircraft anti-piracy has not been done "properly" some go overboard like the example with the Birdog cessna.....I help out in a Museum as a volunteer (maritime) and there's this steam tug, lives on 90 years today. Bad news it's aged a fair bit, the costs stack up to 1 mill for "proper" repairs. And this is where donations come in(if any) I though about the same with the DC-2 if there is no maintenance it will slowing fall apart and we'd loose a piece of history