PDA

View Full Version : Two Brand new AI models all ready for you from MAIW.

campbeme
July 9th, 2012, 12:49
08Jul12 - New Package: Pensacola Texans

http://www.militaryaiworks.com/Images/Roundels/roundel_usa_120.pngThis freeware AI package, produced by Desmond Burrell in conjunction with Military AI Works, adds more units to the cradle of Naval Aviaton, NAS Pensacola located in sunny Florida and featuring the brand new Raytheon T-6 II Texan AI model created by Kevin Reed and Mark Griggs.
http://www.militaryaiworks.com/Images/News/maiw_texans_1.jpgNAS Pensacola hosts several aviation units. The two units depicted in this package are the Texan II’s of VT-10 and the 455th Flying Training Squadron. Both of these squadrons provide primary flight training for Naval Flight Officers and Combat Systems Officers for the US Military as well as various allied nations. This package contains flight plans, callsigns and AFD files for each depicted unit. Additionally this package contains full custom scenery for NAS Pensacola created by John Stinstrom that was released previously. Aircraft textures for the T-6 II were created by Lewis Magruder and flight dynamics were completed by Michael MacIntyre for this wonderful model which features custom animations and our latest modeling techniques.
http://www.militaryaiworks.com/Images/News/maiw_texans_2.jpgNOTE: For additional AI Traffic at NAS Pensacola, it is highly recommended that you download and install the MAIW USAF T1’s Part 2 package. This package depicts the 451st Flying Training Squadron, which operates the T-1A Jayhawk and the MAIW NAS Pensacola package which depicts the T-45C’s of VT-86 and the United States Flight Navy Demonstration Squadron “Blue Angels”. Be sure to remove the default KNPA AFCAD included in that package to avoid any conflicts with the scenery included in this package.
We hope you enjoy our latest release!
06Jul12 - New Package: 101st Air Refueling Wing

http://www.militaryaiworks.com/Images/Roundels/roundel_usa_120.pngMilitary AI Works is proud to present the 101st Air Refueling Wing package by John Stinstrom and Desmond Burrell.
http://www.militaryaiworks.com/Images/News/maiw_bangor_1.jpgDepicting the 132nd Air Refueling Squadron based at Bangor International Airport in Maine, this package features the first release of the brand new Military AI Works KC-135R AI model. This model was a collaboration of multiple MAIW contributors including modelers Mike Guenthner, Mark Griggs, Kevin Reed and Jake Burrus. The model has been made to fly very realistically by Michael MacIntrye with Mark Walsh applying a proper set of textures and colors. The MAIW KC-135R features custom animations as well as steerable nose wheels and compressing landing gear. A first for a large AI aircraft, this model will perform IFR and VFR flights equally well and can do touch and goes and IFR approaches with ease. A culmination of ten months worth of work, the MAIW KC-135R is the first in a series of models to feature this legendary airframe.
http://www.militaryaiworks.com/Images/News/maiw_bangor_2.jpgThis package depicts all of the aircraft of the 132nd ARS along with custom textures, callsigns and a complete AFD file for Bangor IAP. Additionally John Stinstrom has contributed a full custom scenery set for Bangor IAP which depicts the airport as it exists today, a shared use facility between the military and civilian users. Bangor IAP is an important stopping point for aircraft transiting the North Atlantic tracks across to Europe. This airport sees all kinds of interesting military AI traffic from previous MAIW packages passing through as well as traffic from other AI packages making for a great in game spotting location.
Future MAIW releases will feature additional variations of the KC-135R model to include refueling versions and foreign versions.
Stay tuned!

awj112
July 9th, 2012, 18:10
Thanks and about time. :salute::jump:

Snurdley
July 9th, 2012, 19:47
Beautiful models!! Really looking forward to the KC-135Rs multiplying (Fairchild?).

Hern07
July 10th, 2012, 20:15
Always look forward to any new MAIW release, particularly NAS Pensacola. I was stationed there "way back when." :applause::applause::applause:

MIKE JG
July 11th, 2012, 14:13
Beautiful models!! Really looking forward to the KC-135Rs multiplying (Fairchild?).

If there was already an MAIW package that had the old PAI KC-135s in it, it will get re-released with the updated models and new textures. Then there are still the few units that we never got around to. Those, for example like Kadena, will also get released hopefully this year.

So most of the units are already planned for.

I just need to put some TF-33's on the main model and remove some antennas and there will be a retro version available for the old schoolers.

modelr
July 11th, 2012, 16:42
If there was already an MAIW package that had the old PAI KC-135s in it, it will get re-released with the updated models and new textures. Then there are still the few units that we never got around to. Those, for example like Kadena, will also get released hopefully this year.

So most of the units are already planned for.

I just need to put some TF-33's on the main model and remove some antennas and there will be a retro version available for the old schoolers.

Now your talking, Mike. :applause::applause:

Jagdflieger
July 11th, 2012, 18:45
Just downloaded the packs. Thanks for the heads up!

MIKE JG
August 19th, 2012, 14:49
Shouldn't be too long now Don. :mixedsmi:

http://www.simviation.com/phpupload/uploads/1345460984.jpg

modelr
August 19th, 2012, 18:42
Shouldn't be too long now Don. :mixedsmi:

http://www.simviation.com/phpupload/uploads/1345460984.jpg

Mike, you're making me drool all over the keyboard. Between you and Mike Pearson with the updated F-4C/D Phantoms, I'm in heaven, along with a lot of us other "old fogeys."

Thanks alot! :applause::applause:

Really nice to see some more "retro" stuff being developed.
:jump:(Next, we need some AI "Thuds.") :jump:

Jagdflieger
August 19th, 2012, 19:52
Love the idea of some retro packs with T-33s. I'm pretty well set up for Silver Wings era up to and through the Vietnam era flying so they would fit right in.

pfflyers
August 19th, 2012, 20:03
I'm in for some retro KC-135s! I've got a couple traffic files set up with the Rok Dolenec model, but I can't wait to see some real units with multiple tail numbers.

Love the SAC sash on your example!

MIKE JG
August 20th, 2012, 14:13
Mark Walsh is the painter for this model and has done some really nice old schemes, some of which need to be on a proper A model KC-135. In fact they turned out so well that he motivated me to do the later model A versions (bigger tail than early A's and different motors) to finish off the series which I will do once the E is done (this week hopefully).

The RC-135W is getting closer as well and I think I will convert that finished version to the older TF-33 powered ones as well. Once all the parts are modeled, it's a fairly straight forward process.

All I can say is that for the A model, you guys better find a really, really dark smoke effect for the engines! LOL!

Oh and someone mentioned a THUD. There is one in development floating around out there somewhere. I forget who is working on it. Might have been Jake Burrus who has not been able to model much lately due to real life.

Wing_Z
August 21st, 2012, 19:19
Looks good... haven't installed yet, and I was wondering if the boom is animated?
I had a French AI tanker which extended the boom above 10,000 ft and it provided many hours of happy frustration trying to hook up...

MIKE JG
August 22nd, 2012, 09:07
Yes I have animated the refueling parts as well, however I have created separate models for this. So there is a regular "non-refueling" set of AI models which can be used for non-refueling stuff like point to point flying or practice landings or approaches and then as a completely separate model, are the exact same models with the refueling bits animated.

The refueling models also use a different FDE to make them cruise at a more realistic speed for refueling. If we didn't do it this way, the models cruise at 590 KTAS and are nearly impossible to catch up to and practice refueling. These modified AI models instead cruise at around 310-320 KTAS which makes them very easy to catch up to and keep up with requiring far less power to maintain your position. Because of this, you have to keep these models in their own separate folder.

The refueling animations, all of them (boom, drogue, hoses) are all set to execute once the model is between FL200-FL240 AND its pitch is less than 1 degree up or down. This means the model must be level before you get the animations to start. This allows you to climb or decend through those flight levels without seeing the animations. It works really well.

The R models do this as well although we've not included them yet in a package because I'm still working on animating the boom with drogue setup. But the regular boom and MPRS versions are complete.

Wing_Z
August 22nd, 2012, 12:24
Fantastic... how cool is it that this late in the piece the boundaries are being pushed ever further?
Can't wait for the weekend to have a little extended quality time with this.

...The MAIW KC-135R features custom animations as well as steerable nose wheels...
If that works as advertised, AI has come of age.

MIKE JG
October 4th, 2012, 10:31
The KC-135E model is coming out hopefully this week or weekend in the Chilean package since they still use the E model IRL.

We'll make the paintkit available to anyone who wants it. We will release the refueling E models on their own when I get a chance to organize them.

modelr
October 4th, 2012, 19:04
The KC-135E model is coming out hopefully this week or weekend in the Chilean package since they still use the E model IRL.

We'll make the paintkit available to anyone who wants it. We will release the refueling E models on their own when I get a chance to organize them.

Looking forward to them, Mike. Thanks a lot. :applause::applause::applause:

expat
October 17th, 2012, 03:31

Good news and thanks for the Chilean package which I have downloaded. Are the KC-135 USAF paints in your screenies shown earlier this summer available for download? Very keen to mate those paints with the model and get some SAC era AI E - or even better A - model tankers working with some B52's. There are hardly any other alternatives around for low bipass engined AI KC's at the moment. Looking forward to your A model.

expat

MIKE JG
October 31st, 2012, 08:54
I can send you whatever ones you want. I sent a paintkit to someone via the forums at MAIW, might have been you. If not, let me know and I can get you whatever one you need.