PDA

View Full Version : FSX ATC chatter options

polecat0942
December 29th, 2008, 18:39
I was in my local PC builders store when I overheard a conversation someone was having regarding FSX and X-plane. The person mentioned that the only thing X-plane has better than FSX is what I think he meant the ATC chatter. I butted into the conversation (I know I'm rude) and mentioned that he check out SOH and that they have tons of addons for many flight sims here. I was just wondering if there is any addons or ways to change/improve the ATC chatter?

Cheers,

John

cheezyflier
December 29th, 2008, 19:40
atc is the reason i keep my traffic so low. i get tired of the stupid pop-up window coming up at the most inconvienient times, and asking me if i "have the traffic" when the darn plane is 3 miles away but the fog limits visibility to
1/4 mile.

IanP
December 30th, 2008, 02:47
The ATC "chatter" in X-Plane is canned and recorded - it says and means nothing with relation to what is actually happening. I actually found it really annoying (the same as I did in FS when I had programs that did it) and turned it off when I had the demo for X-Plane installed.

There are a number of little applications that can add pre-recorded ATC into FS and, if you are mad enough, I believe one of the stranger payware apps will actually pipe streamed ATC from a small number of US airports straight to your computer (with a delay of 10mins or so). Of course the ultimate option, for both X-Plane and FS9/FSX, has to be VATSIM or IVAO. You don't get much more relevant ATC than another human talking directly to you. ;)

Ian P.