PDA

View Full Version : Fnerg's Firefly - Radios not tuning

delta_lima
July 7th, 2012, 19:08
Hello all,

I would normally have posted this in the existing FSX Firefly portover thread - for some reason, since a few weeks ago, many older threads seem to have disappeared, or at least I can't search for them .... anyway ...

For some reason, I can't manually tune my radios in this aircraft. The radios tune as part of the commands when flying on AI ATC, but when on VATSIM, where the tuning is manual, I can't. Since I wanted an easy to use (post WWII) radio stack with some British character (rather than the yucky stock modern Bendix) - I added the Skysim Vixen's gauge folder and borrowed its stack. Here' the relevant panel.cfg entries ...

[Window Titles]
Window00=Main Window
Window01=GPS
Window02=Radio Stack
Window03=Firefly_Throttle_Panel
Window04=PRESSURE_GAUGES_PANEL
Window05=Electric Panel
Window06=SUPERCHARGER
Window07=Radiator Control

[Window02]
size_mm=306,432
position=7
visible=0
ident=RADIO_STACK_PANEL
window_size= 0.191, 0.360
window_pos= 0.809, 0.000
gauge00=CVIX!RadioStack, 0,0,306,432
gauge01=CVIXML!NAV GPS Switch, 140,200,24,45

NOTE: the ADF and Transponder do click up and down, but not the nav/com radios. Hovering over the knobs you get the "+/-" tips, and the knobs even spin - but the frequencies don't move. I even tried other stacks, and they all show the same problem.

I don't know if this has to do in any way with the beeping issues, and whatever fixes were done for that (again, the thread's gone, can't recall what I had to do to make that go away - it is now gone). But if someone knows how to get the tuning to function, that'd be great.

Many thanks,

DL