PDA

View Full Version : AI Planes

Talon
December 29th, 2008, 17:54
As most of you know I do most of my missions in the Pacific so I setup the planes the way I want them to attack.

These are some hints for AI aircraft

To fire rockets on bombers-Category 4
Multi bombs for bombers- Category 4.Single engine bombers ( Avenger,Jill etc.)will do anti-shipping attacks,multi engine will sometimes it depends on the airfile.

Fighters-Category 1 or 10( fighter bomber) will drop mullti bombs and fire rockets.

My Divebombers will drop multi bombs and attack with rockets.Category 10 or 3.

The A-26B that bearcat converted will drop multi bombs and fire rockets when set to Category 4 and also do anti-shipping attacks.

On some of the missions I fly I do alot of low level bombing with the B-25,A-20,Beaufighter and the A-26B so they are set to Category 4 and do a pretty good job of destroying targets.One thing I found is the flight should be 2 to 4 and the alt. between 2000 and 4000ft.I get the best results this way.

Pen32Win has let me try some of the new things he's been working on and You will all be pleasantly surprised by them.

Talon

Jagdflieger
December 29th, 2008, 18:06
Thanks Al.

Here is a list of the catagory types for those that don't have it.

unit_family=
1 - Fighter (default)
2 - Bomber
3 - Ground vehicle
4 - Static object
5 - Ship or boat
7 - carrier

Category=
1 - aircraft fighter
2 - aircraft level bomber (B-24, He-111)
3 - aircraft dive bomber (Stuka, Dauntless, Val)
4 - aircraft torpedo bomber (Avenger, TBF)
5 - aircraft tactical bomber (A-20, Ju-88)
6 - aircraft strike (Fw-190F2, A-4; 2-engine nightfighters?)
7 - aircraft civil
8 - aircraft recon (Storch)
9 - aircraft transport (C-47)
10 - aircraft fighter-bomber (any fighter equipped with bombs) or Dive Bombers

Category codes for non-aircraft objects:
13 - ship aircraft carrier
14 - ship cruiser
15 - ship destroyer
16 - ship submarine
17 - ship battleship
18 - ship patrol
19 - ship auxiliary
21 - tracked vehicle
22 - wheeled vehicle
23 - train car
24 - amphibious vehicle
29 - artillery static
30 - mechanical equipment
31 - structure static
32 - factory
33 - non-target object
34 - runway

Maxstuka
December 29th, 2008, 18:18
the allegiance 10 is the best friendly?

Talon
December 29th, 2008, 18:37
Another tip which I put up before-If you want bombers to stay in formation go into mission file and change Family of the bomber to 2.This way the bombers won't scatter when attacked and it makes it tougher for fighters to attacke them with all the gunners firing at them

Maxstuka 10 is the category used for fighter bombers and default setting for the divebombers.It was found later that the divebombers use steeper dives with Category 3.Also after they are attacked they break formation but try to form up again.

Talon

Maxstuka
December 29th, 2008, 20:27
I am speaking about allegiance is other parametre!

Skipsan
December 30th, 2008, 08:08
Good stuff Talon.

Thank you

Skipsan

Hern07
December 30th, 2008, 19:52
Good stuff, thanks y'all

Bill Kestell
December 30th, 2008, 20:21
Thanks, Al ... I mgrab stuff like this and print it and stuff it in a folder for when the day comes (and it surely will) that I ask ... Now where did I read something about (fill in the blank)?

Fibber
December 31st, 2008, 08:31
Is there a tutorial, anywhere, that is in understandable English (:icon_lol:) that explains how to do the settings that you fellows are referring to, and also are their any special programs necessary to use the re-paint textures that are posted re; Wolfi's 87B Stuka, Hog Islander etc. Programs such as paint Shop pro etc?
Would like to tinker but the last time I did so without reference material I screwed it up so bad I lost almost everything .

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!:ernae:

Talon
December 31st, 2008, 09:06
Fibber the changes I'm talking about are in the dp file in the main plane folder.You can open it with notepad or wordpad.Once you open it scroll down to [MISC_DATA] this has the family ,category and other options.I just change the category.after you amke the changes close and than delete the CDP file,it will be rebuilt with the new settings in your dp.

Rememeber to backup the original dp file in case you make a mistake.

Talon

Fibber
December 31st, 2008, 11:58
Talon;
Thank you, and a HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU :wavey:(wherever you are at now)!! :icon_lol::ernae:

Devildog73
December 31st, 2008, 14:54
Thanks Talon! :ernae:

I will rely heavily upon Rami to make those modifications, as it is spinning my limited brain power to just read it an not be doing it at the exact same time. (For some odd reason, my best way of learning new things).

DonJasper99
January 3rd, 2009, 22:55
This way the bombers won't scatter when attacked and it makes it tougher for fighters to attack them with all the gunners firing at them

Emphasis mine. I've been ripping up the Japanese in some obscure campaign called AVG something or other (Note to others: Talon made the thing - I'm being witty). I noticed that the bomber gunner fire was rather lame, but having been on the receiving end of the tail-gunner of a Betty - I figured it was the un-inspired defensive guns of the orignal bombers.

However: I was playing around with Quick Combat and some B-17 aircraft, and the gunner fire from the B-17's was silly. It seemed like only the closest aircraft would defend itself, and only half heartedly at that. Does the AI of CFS2 do a decent job of simulating defensive fire from something like a B-17? Or should I be looking at the B-17 model? Or does 'Quick Combat' do something bad to the bomber gunners???

safn1949
January 4th, 2009, 06:22
Thanks to everyone for this info,just what I needed.:mixedsmi: