PDA

View Full Version : Alabeo Waco YMF-5 & Pawnee Brave!

Naki
July 5th, 2012, 19:44
Wow these look great...particularly the Waco..

http://www.facebook.com/#!/Alabeo

Also for those still using FS9...Carenado are releasing more FS9 models with "reverse engineered FSX models"...first up the F-33 Bonanza

N2056
July 5th, 2012, 19:49
For those of us that don't FB....

http://www.alabeo.com/index.php?accion=incoming

heywooood
July 5th, 2012, 20:35
Waco YMF-5

oh baby

skulleader
July 5th, 2012, 20:44
Hello,

WOW great news, I'm a great fan of the Piper PA-36 Pawnee Brave, after the C188B now it's the PA-36, the dream come true...
A great thank's to Alabeo.
Best regards, Olivier.

YoYo
July 5th, 2012, 22:45
I have C188B, Pawnee is near similar so no need it in my hangar but Waco looks promising.
Thx for the news.

Daveroo
July 6th, 2012, 04:59
oh man...ill be getting both when out,,love the waco,but i have a secret desire to own in "real life" a collection of crop dusters,im getting it in flight sim now...just need the at's

has anyone gotten the old FS9 at-802s to work in FSX? when i tried to port them...i had black windscreens....

CodyValkyrie
July 6th, 2012, 07:41
I'm a huge Waco YMF fan, and that looks absolutely brilliant. I have a huge soft spot for those golden age style biplanes. I used to fly the heck out of Bill Lyons Waco package. Really looking forward to that. Must have.

Roger
July 6th, 2012, 07:51
I'm having that Waco!

BillgjCook
July 6th, 2012, 07:55
oh man...ill be getting both when out,,love the waco,but i have a secret desire to own in "real life" a collection of crop dusters,im getting it in flight sim now...just need the at's

has anyone gotten the old FS9 at-802s to work in FSX? when i tried to port them...i had black windscreens....

Hi Daveroo, I found a good native FSX, FSN AT802 fire boss at simviation on fsx props page 33. It is for fire fighting but you could add the crop duster fx to it.

skulleader
July 6th, 2012, 08:06
Hello,

Me too I have the C188B in my hangar but when the Piper PA-36 Pawnee Brave will be avalaible I want purchased the C188B because I really love the crop dusters...
Best regards, Olivier

pilottj
July 6th, 2012, 09:41
I'm having that Waco!

Yessir! those are my thoughts too :):salute: Bill Lyons YMF was one of my favorite planes back in the day.

modelr
July 6th, 2012, 19:30
Yes, The Waco will definitely have the place of honor in my hanger! In fact, I still have Bill Lyon's hanger that came with the Waco package loaded at my home airport. It gets used quite a bit, as well as his original Waco.:applause::applause::applause:

jeansy
July 7th, 2012, 06:01
a new stearman and now a waco vintage flying is getting a whole lot more interesting

and another sprayer...

so many choices

rdaniell
July 7th, 2012, 14:16
a new stearman and now a waco vintage flying is getting a whole lot more interesting and another sprayer...so many choices

I expect I'll have to get the Pawnee to go along with the Cessna 188 I purchased a couple days ago.

RD

Agpilot25
July 7th, 2012, 15:01
Great a piper brave! Hope they do an agcat or 510 thrush down the line.

heywooood
July 7th, 2012, 16:18
a new stearman and now a waco vintage flying is getting a whole lot more interesting

and another sprayer...

so many choices

FYI - while the YMF-5 and the Great Lakes 2T-1A are vintage designs...BOTH are being currently manufactured NEW by Waco
http://www.wacoaircraft.com/

Naki
July 26th, 2012, 14:14
Wow..I'm really looking forward to the Waco after seeing these pictures

http://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.php?fbid=398634810194598&set=a.398634756861270.88812.222192937838787&type=1&theater

Roger
July 26th, 2012, 14:25
Mouth watering:engel016:

greenie
July 26th, 2012, 17:01
WOW...finally , we get a super realistic open cockpit . I believe Bernt Stolle said he was going to do the flight dynamics for Alabeo , if so, this is going to be unbeatable . Can't wait !

bstolle
July 31st, 2012, 03:26
Yes, I'm doing the FDE. Unfortunately Alabeo is very low budget (in every sense), which means they don't charge much for their planes and hence I didn't even get a POH. If someone knows where I can find one....that would be great!

heywooood
July 31st, 2012, 06:36
Yes, I'm doing the FDE. Unfortunately Alabeo is very low budget (in every sense), which means they don't charge much for their planes and hence I didn't even get a POH. If someone knows where I can find one....that would be great!

http://www.wacogear.com/new-category-1/

bstolle
July 31st, 2012, 06:54
Thanx for the link, but including shipping this would cut my FDE salary almost in half ;)

YoYo
July 31st, 2012, 15:14
Just only pitty about no float version of Vaco in Alabeo model.

http://images.rcuniverse.com/forum/upfiles/519433/Sn41127.jpg

Sundog
July 31st, 2012, 17:17

Well, I volunteer to pitch some $ in the pot for you to get the manual if anyone else wants to kick in. I'll be getting this plane and I want it with a fairly accurate FDE. Anyone else in?

modelr
July 31st, 2012, 17:37
Well, I volunteer to pitch some $ in the pot for you to get the manual if anyone else wants to kick in. I'll be getting this plane and I want it with a fairly accurate FDE. Anyone else in?

I'm good for $10. Would definitely be worth it.

bstolle
July 31st, 2012, 20:19
That's basically a great and and very idea, but the internet has a lot of information about the YMF.
Read 7 pilot reports so far and that gives me already a better picture than a POH concerning handling.
I precise performance section would have been nice but the problem is that the Waco comes with different engines and prop combinations, so I doubt that there's a 'precise' crz section.
Fear not, you will get a very high quality FDE, as this is one of the very few aircraft I'm interested in myself :)

Sundog
July 31st, 2012, 23:42
OK, I was just worried you didn't have any info, and I'll definitely take pilot reports to the POH, though the POH can be nice for operating data. Can you tell we're looking forward to this plane? ;)

Naki
August 1st, 2012, 00:17
Hope the reports I sent you were helpful..one was probably better than the other...I thought I had another somewhere but couldnt find it.

bstolle
August 1st, 2012, 00:40
Of course they are helpful! More info results in a more complete the picture :)

bstolle
August 6th, 2012, 13:48
FYI, I contacted the guys at Waco and they are very helpful :)

greenie
August 6th, 2012, 14:32
Excellent news Mr Stolle . This should be good :jump:

Sundog
August 6th, 2012, 16:31

That is great to hear, because;

1) It leads to a goof FDE and

2) I really like aviation companies that like to help out simmers. Those are the companies that are operated by people who love aviation as much as or more than they enjoy business. Just look at the recent Dassault Rafale fiasco for aerospace companies that have lost any respect from me.

heywooood
August 6th, 2012, 16:56

the very best kind of news...they gotta be cool, look what they are building lol - a dream job if there ever was one :mixedsmi:

modelr
August 6th, 2012, 18:22

They are some great people. Met a couple of them at Oshkosh last year, talked to them for almost an hour. Some of them are R/Cers also, and we were discussing the R/C model from Great Planes, the one I have, which was brand new last year. They had just finished and managed one flight on theirs before having to prep for Oshkosh.

Sundog
August 7th, 2012, 17:43
Er "Goof" :::face Palm:::. Meant "Good.":redf:

heywooood
August 10th, 2012, 20:20
http://www.alabeo.com/index.php#

new pics of the Waco - click on 'incomings'

(http://www.alabeo.com/index.php#)

Barnes
August 10th, 2012, 21:09
Tx - dont she look great!

Daube
August 11th, 2012, 00:10
That's enough. This Waco will be my first Alabeo plane. The screenshots are simply incredible :icon_eek:

Daveroo
August 11th, 2012, 07:03
this may sound dumb.....but i sure hope there will be a yellow one.....or yellow and red...

Sundog
August 11th, 2012, 07:11
this may sound dumb.....but i sure hope there will be a yellow one.....or yellow and red...

If there isn't one in those colors at release, I wouldn't be surprised if someone quickly repaints one in those colors.

Those new screenshots are amazing.

Dain Arns
August 13th, 2012, 10:10
Apparently someone heard you, Daveroo... ;)
(This will be the one I'll probably fly the most, love that scheme)

full
August 13th, 2012, 10:30
Thats just beautiful !!

OleBoy
August 13th, 2012, 10:51
Thats just beautiful !!

+1 on that statement. Beautiful looking model that is way overdue on the list of "wanted" aircraft!

modelr
August 13th, 2012, 15:32
That's enough. This Waco will be my first Alabeo plane. The screenshots are simply incredible :icon_eek:

I definitely have to go along with that! Have my credit card burning holes in the wallet while waiting.:jump:

heywooood
August 13th, 2012, 17:29
Alabeo...most frequently visited website status on the ol' heywoood rig...again...

TuFun
August 13th, 2012, 21:14
Superb detail... looking forward to this one!

ThinkingManNeil
August 14th, 2012, 03:21
I've been hoping that a payware outfit would really go whole hog on the YMF-5. This one's going to be a definite buy.

And that AgTruck looks pretty awesome too!

N.

bstolle
August 14th, 2012, 06:47
Just about to finish the FDE for the Waco. It's looking very nice but definitely not my cup of tea. Must be horrible IRL when flying VFR because the view from the cockpit so extremely limited.
It's also nice that Waco claims that the YMF is fully aerobatic, but you realize very soon when performing loops, aileron rolls, hammerheads etc. that this not the way she's meant to be flown.
The L/D ratio of 4:1 doesn't make things easier ;)

Barnes
August 14th, 2012, 08:30
Just about to finish the FDE for the Waco. It's looking very nice but definitely not my cup of tea. Must be horrible IRL when flying VFR because the view from the cockpit so extremely limited.
It's also nice that Waco claims that the YMF is fully aerobatic, but you realize very soon when performing loops, aileron rolls, hammerheads etc. that this not the way she's meant to be flown.
The L/D ratio of 4:1 doesn't make things easier ;)

Thats encouraging!!

heywooood
August 18th, 2012, 09:47
most recent screenshots from Alabeo...work is progressing rapidly

Barnes
August 18th, 2012, 10:32
Looks fantastic appart from the prop which looks like its broken - simular to the damage you see in Rise of Flight when it gets shot off!

heywooood
August 18th, 2012, 11:17
Looks fantastic appart from the prop which looks like its broken - simular to the damage you see in Rise of Flight when it gets shot off!

well - I love Rise of Flight and I know what you are referring to but - this is a screen capture of a spinning prop so we dont really know from this what the spin animation looks like...
and if I have to go based on what Alabeo has modeled in the past - I would say NOT to worry that the spinning prop animation will be anything less than fine

Sundog
August 20th, 2012, 18:12
New pictures were posted today. She grew a pilot! ;)

dvj
August 20th, 2012, 20:51
New pictures were posted today. She grew a pilot! ;)

Anyone know the release date? Must be getting close.

modelr
August 21st, 2012, 02:35

well - I love Rise of Flight and I know what you are referring to but - this is a screen capture of a spinning prop so we dont really know from this what the spin animation looks like...
and if I have to go based on what Alabeo has modeled in the past - I would say NOT to worry that the spinning prop animation will be anything less than fine

Heywood is right. Go look at the shots here, the prop looks very good. http://www.alabeo.com/index.php

Oops, that link takes you to front page. Then go to "incomings", then Waco YMF FSX (click on "More Info") that will get you to the screenshots. Click on each one to enlarge.

olderndirt
August 21st, 2012, 09:51
Must be horrible IRL when flying VFR because the view from the cockpit so extremely limited.Imagine how Lindbergh felt in that Ryan.

bstolle
August 21st, 2012, 09:58
Imagine how Lindbergh felt in that Ryan.

Well, at least he didn't have to look out for other traffic. :icon_lol:

Ark
August 21st, 2012, 14:44
Can't wait for this one! I hope it comes out this week.

Barnes
August 25th, 2012, 08:31
More waco pics on their site - looks fantastic

skulleader
August 25th, 2012, 10:12
Hello,

Can't wait for this one! I hope it comes out this week.

YES, me too I hope for this week, very hard to wait...

Skulleader.

heywooood
August 25th, 2012, 17:24
it has to be 'soon'...be sure:kilroy:

Sundog
August 28th, 2012, 16:36
Must be "sooner" now, as it has disappeared from the "incoming" page. Keep your eyes peeled. :cool:

Dain Arns
August 28th, 2012, 17:17
They updated their Facebook page with, "new pictures before the release".
Looks stunning. Guessing within 24 hours now which is great, I'm not working tomorrow. :applause:

Sundog
August 28th, 2012, 18:45
They updated their Facebook page with, "new pictures before the release".
Looks stunning. Guessing within 24 hours now which is great, I'm not working tomorrow. :applause:

Which means you should have many pics posted here by the time I get home from work!:p:

Ark
August 28th, 2012, 18:59
Release Imminent.

Per Alabeo on Twitter:

Alabeo Waco YMF5 FSX/P3D. Last picture before release. Release will be in the next hours. Check pictures at our Facebook page.

Posted 7 hours ago, so I am guessing either VERY soon or early tomorrow. I wouldn't be suprised if it was released tonight since, as somebody else already mentioned, it has been removed off their incomings page.

Can't wait!:jump:

heywooood
August 28th, 2012, 19:41
Release Imminent.

Per Alabeo on Twitter:

Posted 7 hours ago, so I am guessing either VERY soon or early tomorrow. I wouldn't be suprised if it was released tonight since, as somebody else already mentioned, it has been removed off their incomings page.

Can't wait!:jump:

due to the time zone difference I expect it will be tomorrow for US

bushpilot
September 14th, 2012, 10:20
New Pawnee pics: http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.416047465119999.93870.222192937838787&type=1 :wiggle:

olderndirt
September 14th, 2012, 16:36
After the Waco, I'm really ready for that Pawnee. Alabeo is rapidly gaining my respect.