PDA

View Full Version : Thomas Morse MB-3,,pleaseeeee

Daveroo
July 5th, 2012, 14:01
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thomas-Morse_MB-3 if there isnt one,im going to look at the lists in just a second,id sure like to see this plane for FSX,,,awesome little plane..20 feet long,8 feet high,200+ mile range,what fun a relife replica would be huh??
this pic has Billy Mitchell sitting on his pursui68639t!!
:jump:

PutPut
July 5th, 2012, 14:28
The Thomas-Morse_MB-3 was the first all-American fighter design. The last 50 were built by Boeing and had a larger vertical and horizontal stab. This was our first line fighter for a few years and the design was later successfully adapted as a racing plane. Your photo is of one of the earlier planes judging by the shape of the vertical fin.
I am saying all this because I remembered I have Paul Matt's great 3 views of this plane. It would be at least a year before I could get to it so I will gladly send copies of the 3 views to any designer that wants to really get on it. (I have a native Vought SBU-1, native Berliner-Joyce OJ-2, native Cessna 120 and native Douglas A2D-1 in front of it and in that order)

Best, Paul

Daveroo
July 5th, 2012, 14:38
The Thomas-Morse_MB-3 was the first all-American fighter design. The last 50 were built by Boeing and had a larger vertical and horizontal stab. This was our first line fighter for a few years and the design was later successfully adapted as a racing plane. Your photo is of one of the earlier planes judging by the shape of the vertical fin.
I am saying all this because I remembered I have Paul Matt's great 3 views of this plane. It would be at least a year before I could get to it so I will gladly send copies of the 3 views to any designer that wants to really get on it. (I have a native Vought SBU-1, native Berliner-Joyce OJ-2, native Cessna 120 and native Douglas A2D-1 in front of it and in that order)

Best, Paul
oh very cool line up waiting to come Paul...i just learned of the MB-3 today as i was reading an artical in air classics mag..."love at first read" if you will....