PDA

View Full Version : White Rotating Beacons

Ranger75
July 5th, 2012, 05:24
For those who can spare a few minutes, I'm curious to know more about an effect file in FSX.
Internet research reveals that some aircraft, notably Beechcraft, are equipped with white rotating beacons on the tail and belly [called the 'recognition light' on the RealAir Duke and Turbine Duke]. In January 2012, 'Racartron' mentioned in the forum at Sim-Outhouse that the newest version of the beacon from Premier Aircraft Design [fx_PADbeaconh.fx in their FSX Bae Jetstream 31] did not flash in the cockpit like many others do. Modifying that file resulted in a satisfactory rotating beacon - at least on my computer. There are a number of influences on effects files in flight sim, so what looks good here may be a screen blanking monster in someone else's FSX! As I might be including this in a future repaint, I am requesting assistance from the assembled multitude to see if this thing is a valid 'universal' effect. It requires adding one effect file and changing the default Beech 58 Baron aircraft.cfg in order to have white beacons on the tail and the belly. The file, installation instructions, and link to a youtube video are in the attached zip. Permission to use the source file was sought from and granted by Premier Aircraft Design. Any and all feedback would be appreciated.
Thank you for your time
Wayne Sinker
Ranger75
CYTR

Ranger75
July 16th, 2012, 04:28
Thank you to those who took the time to respond. Sounds like it works OK.