PDA

View Full Version : Suitable engine sounds for Grumman Goose FSX replace with DC-3's

Flame-Prop
July 5th, 2012, 00:28
I love how rugget these prat and withney jnr's sound.....in FSX thanks to the guys from OzX we have an HD grumman goose. So how about the noise of them engines?? the sounds that come with the goose are too "clean" if you know what i mean...there's just no ROAR to them. Would it be a good idea to replace them with the sounds from the DC-3? That thing coughs and roars and burns rubber like it's 1927 :kilroy:

greenie
July 5th, 2012, 03:13
I find the Goose sounds really nice. Love just cruising to that relaxing sound . Truth be known I fly it sometimes just to lean back and relax. I'm keeping my sound ;)

bruce448
July 5th, 2012, 04:40
Have you tried the default DH Beaver as this also used the Pratt & Whitney R-985 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pratt_%26_Whitney_R-985) Wasp Jr. radial.

Bruce

Flame-Prop
July 5th, 2012, 04:44
I find the Goose sounds really nice. Love just cruising to that relaxing sound . Truth be known I fly it sometimes just to lean back and relax. I'm keeping my sound ;)

I have to say, there is no perfect angle when looking at the goose, it's all soo perfect. It looks like the DC-3 sounds are a no go.......added in back the sounds that came with it once more, but I did fix the fuel pump sound and all is well. Been browsing on YouTube and we need Vance creator of the Nemeth Bell Huey Sound pack to add in the magic touch to this bird, you will be quite surprised as I was....it gave me goose bumps that;s for sure :wiggle:

Flame-Prop
July 5th, 2012, 04:47
Have you tried the default DH Beaver as this also used the Pratt & Whitney R-985 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pratt_%26_Whitney_R-985) Wasp Jr. radial.

Bruce

Yeah, I do have quite good sounds of the R-985 butchered from an old aircraft which was poorly modeled but sounds were good. Bad news is it had only 1 R-985 engine and when using it doesn't sound very good as the sound.cfg file was made to be used with the 1 engine not two unfortunately

Gabe