PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a Lockheed L-10 "Electra"

falcon409
July 1st, 2012, 11:15
I should also add, I'm looking for an L-10 Electra with a complete VC. Is there any such aircraft available for FSX?

TuFun
July 1st, 2012, 11:31
Vitus was working on one, but I see no activity from him since April.

Check out the pics... awesome vc!
Link: http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16226

RyanJames170
July 1st, 2012, 11:43
i have to second wanting a good L10

falcon409
July 1st, 2012, 11:48
Thanks. . .beautiful airplane and he did post a few comments a few weeks ago. Reading through the entire thread, I get the impression (which should be obvious) that he's a super perfectionist. An outstanding trait to be sure, but also one that can cause a project like this to extend ad-infinitum. Not saying that's a bad thing, after all it's his airplane and he can take all the time he wants, but I would expect that it will be a very long time still before we actually see it in release.

sim-paticissimo
July 1st, 2012, 12:14
There is a nice Electra L-10 as part of the pack "Around the World (in 80 Flights) (http://www.firstclass-simulations.biz/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=FCS%2DATW)" by First Class Simulations. It's nice, with a pretty good VC with self shadowing, and a well modeled exterior, reflective and a rather realistic bare metal effect (maybe a little shiny) but far from Vitus art... (I agree, his Electra seems to be almost perfect, but I wonder when he will decide to deliver it...).
Check Costco Ad (https://www.ladysavings.com/publix-weekly-ad/?costco/) and Hobby Lobby Ad (https://www.ladysavings.com/publix-weekly-ad/?hobby-lobby/).I had some problem with flight dynamics (it does'n t fly exactly on the numbers and there's something wrong with the engine gauges...) but it's a fun to fly it.

falcon409
July 1st, 2012, 12:29
I believe I found a "suitable sub". Golden Age Simulations' Lockheed Model 12. . .not a bad price at $24.95, exterior modeling looks very well done and the interior/VC is quite nice also. Downloading now!!:applause:

napamule
July 1st, 2012, 14:49
The pics of VC at link posted by TuFun were rather dark. Here are 'enhanced' pics that show more detail. Pardon me for 'butting in'.
Chuck B
Napamule

TeaSea
July 1st, 2012, 14:51
I have both these Falcon and they are both quite nice. I would agree with the comments on the First Class Electra on the flight dynamics and gauges, but that does not detract from its appeal too much. For a while the '12 from GAS was my favorite "Golden Age" ride.

falcon409
July 1st, 2012, 16:16
Thanks for all the suggestions guys. My sole reason for choosing the "Model 12" over the First Class Simulations Electra is that it always seems that when a package is designed that includes an aircraft and various sceneries, the airplane always seems to be lacking in one way or another and the scenery is a throw-away because I would never use it. It's rare to find a package like that where the aircraft is superb and the scenery is Orbx quality. That is simply my opinion though, there may very well be exceptions to that of course.

DX-FMJ
July 2nd, 2012, 16:32
http://www.simaddons.com/pages/simaddons_preview_L10E.htm

falcon409
July 2nd, 2012, 17:02
http://www.simaddons.com/pages/simaddons_preview_L10E.htm
Never heard of these folks before, but too late as I purchased the Model 12:salute:

sim-paticissimo
July 2nd, 2012, 23:08
Thank you DX-FMJ, never heard about them too! Their El-10 seems very interesting, so, cause I'm an addicted of the EL-10 (yes I have both First Class EL-10 and GAS EL-12) I'll buy also this one!:icon29:

dandog
July 3rd, 2012, 13:54
sim-paticissimo, please let me know what you think of the Simaddons L10E. Thank you.

dandog
July 3rd, 2012, 19:53
Ok, I got impatient. Especially with hearing about the search for Amelia Earharts airplane. I ordered the Simaddon L10E suggested by DX-FMJ. I'll report back. I am currently waiting on my download link.

Daniel

sim-paticissimo
July 3rd, 2012, 23:24
I'm sorry, dandog, I'm late with my reply... Well... I'm not satisfied with that plane. There are good things and bad: good the rain effect on the windows, bad the totally wrong view of the engines and the wings from the cockpit! They are back (almost like you are in a DC3) while they would be far forward. If you switch to the external view you can see that. Good is the model (generally speaking, except that mistake) bad the internal textures.
What do you think about?

dandog
July 4th, 2012, 15:52
Just DL'd it today. The viewpoints do not bother me. I always adjust my seat before flying. Some of the interior textures are of low quality. However, you do get quite a few variants. And I feel it is worth every penny of the $14.99 Canadian. I have to check out all the variations and see what he used for the G1000 models. I can post some screnies later and offer some more info if anyone is interested.

Bomber_12th
July 4th, 2012, 15:58
Just a word of caution, the VC on the Simaddon's Electra is only a very slightly modified version of the default FSX DC-3 VC.

sim-paticissimo
July 4th, 2012, 23:37
Just a word of caution, the VC on the Simaddon's Electra is only a very slightly modified version of the default FSX DC-3 VC.

Yes I see Bomber, I could be happy with that blurried textures but the external visual from the cockpit is so wrong! At Dandog: even if you adjust very well your seat, into this cockpit you can't obtain any right view because in a L10-E the engines are clearly visible around and before you! I wonder if Simaddons could be so collaborative to update this plane with a right model for the VC.
I appreciate their effort on this beautiful plane, the rain effects, new gauges, multiple versions, the Hhowland isle, low price and so on. But I hope they improve that detail in future.

sim-paticissimo
July 5th, 2012, 06:36
This morning I received an email by Ralph, of Simaddons, the developer of our Electra, and there is an update in attachment! And he said that is going to work to an upgrade cause the EL-10 was an old production! I'm very happy about this unique customer support. I've not yet tried his update, but I'l tell you very soon about that.:salute:

dandog
July 5th, 2012, 10:20
Update claims to give proper wing views. Ralph also mentioned he would update the VC. I emailed him because the landing lights would not show externally and the drift meter did not function properly. Pretty cool that he just sent the SP1 like that.

Yes, the wing views are/were? wrong. Did not get much time to soak it all in. My daughters birthday was on the 3rd, then 4th celebration, and now, off to Knott's Berry Farm with the kids for the day. Will check it out later, I hope!

jeansy
July 7th, 2012, 06:05
didnt first class sims do a package c/w missions?