PDA

View Full Version : Static Vehicles

berrymo
June 28th, 2012, 03:08
Hi,
Can some help and steer me right. I've download Vehicles For Airfields. Its the one of static World War 2 vehicles adapted for FS9 from CFS and CFS2. I've followed the instructions, placed in Addon Scenery, then loaded when FS2004 flashed up. Went fine but nothing in my Instant Scenery Library. Tried loading in Addon Scenery sub folders Scenery and Texture still no joy. Am I being a dummy and missing something? Any help would be much appreciated.

falcon409
June 28th, 2012, 04:28
Normally there are two ways to load scenery objects for use in Instant Scenery (or any other object placement tool). The first is to make a separate folder. . .in your case, one labeled "WWII_Vehicles" with a scenery and texture folder inside containing the proper files. Next you would either place that folder in the Addon Scenery folder or wherever you keep all your scenery folders. Finally you would have to activate that WWII_Vehicles folder in the scenery library to make it active and available.

The other way is to take all the bgl's, txt, or xml files (some scenery objects have those as part of the package, but not all) and place all those in the main Addon Scenery, scenery folder. Then move all the bitmaps into the main Addon Scenery,texture folder. By doing it that way, FS9 activates the files automatically. If that's how you've done it, then your objects are there in Instant scenery somewhere. Check the wording of the object files. I've done that sometimes and went right past the objects I was looking for because in Instant Scenery, the naming was slightly different.:salute:

berrymo
June 28th, 2012, 07:21
Many thanks Falcon, I'm being a dummy somewhere.

berrymo
June 28th, 2012, 08:31
Big white flag on this one, I admit defeat. There is no reason why they are not in the library. Some you win!

falcon409
June 28th, 2012, 09:48
Big white flag on this one, I admit defeat. There is no reason why they are not in the library. Some you win!
What's the zipfile name and where did you download it? I'll give it a shot and see if I can figure why isn't isn't showing.

Willy
June 28th, 2012, 10:36
Wolfi's Library Objects has a bunch of WWII vehicles in it that were converted from CFS 2 and it works great with EZ Scenery. You can find them in the downloads here. The file name is "Wolfi_Obj_lib.zip" without the quotation marks.

berrymo
June 29th, 2012, 04:05
Thanks Falcon, Its the Warbirds Addon Library FS2004 Page 4. Titled "Vehicles For Airfields". When I go to the
Addon Scenery/ Texture they are all there. In the Addon Scenery/Scenery the "bgl's" are there, but don't show in the Instant Scenery library at all, For example // Vintage Vehicles bgl//, so I'm wondering if there is a problem with the bgl's?

Willy I've downloaded Wolfi's and Al's , they are both superb, but I saw in "Vehicles For Airfields" there were a few Brit one,s and I'm trying to recreated RAF Chivenor which is a few miles from me. RAF Dunkeswell is my other project which was mainly US based(Liberators) so Wolfi's and Al's is great.

Many thanks to you both

Mo

falcon409
June 29th, 2012, 04:32
I'll load it up and see what I get!:salute:

falcon409
June 29th, 2012, 05:01
Update: You are correct, neither library shows up in Instant Scenery. If Cees is around I would check with him as these are his own creations. I see no reason for them to not be there, but I've gone through my list in Instant Scenery many times now and do not see either of the scenery libraries as they are labeled in the scenery folder.:salute:

berrymo
June 29th, 2012, 05:05
Thank God , there's hope for this old wrinkle yet!!! Many thanks Falcon, I was suprised at your reply, I thought that side of the pond would be in slumber land.

ian elliot
June 29th, 2012, 10:05
I may be wrong but i think those vehicles where spacificly for enhancing Cess's 8th airforce airfields, they came out quite a long time ago and were'nt intendid for use with scenery placement programs,
cheers ian

ian elliot
June 29th, 2012, 10:32
Would these be any use for you, these are quite old but work fine in ez, dont know how instant scenery works but it should be ok also---
cheers ian

blg in the addon scenery-scenery folder
texture's in the addon scenery-texture folder

you may have to play with scale, in a bit lazy like that, i dont worry to much about scale when im building, i ajust using the scenery placment prog.

berrymo
June 30th, 2012, 02:13
Marvellous Ian, many thanks I'd envied your Bradwell scenery, the thames barges are superb.

Many thanks again
Mo