http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/55580-bronco-x-updated-to-112/

FinnJ
(Aerosoft developer)

Ferry_vO
June 27th, 2012, 11:40
Thanks! :applause:

Ian Warren
June 27th, 2012, 13:11
This will be a great little patch , done a MP shared cockpit in the Lotus L-39 and it was incredible fun ... this patch for the BroncoX , WOO HOO :wavey:Superb! :cool:

<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input jscode="leoInternalChangeDone()" onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();}else{setT imeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden"><input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();}else{setT imeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

StormILM
June 28th, 2012, 00:37
Warning about this patch. Back up your aircraft config files if you have repaints. If there was a warning to do so in the patch nomenclature I obviously missed it and the patch overwrote every single config file in each aircraft folder. Now I'm going to have spend a few hours trying to straighten out all the repaint entries that were erased. The patch installer didn't allow the option of pointing the components towards a dummy folder to copy & paste individually so to avoid the small mess I made. I should have known better considering how much experience I have with FS installers and such. (I need a drink)....

StormILM
June 28th, 2012, 00:43
Update, a system restore to an earlier checkpoint fixed my screwup. I am now backing up every pertinent file to protect them during the next patch install attempt. Once that's done, I will copy & paste the entries back in place.

Wothan
June 28th, 2012, 00:59
Update, a system restore to an earlier checkpoint fixed my screwup. I am now backing up every pertinent file to protect them during the next patch install attempt. Once that's done, I will copy & paste the entries back in place.

Sorry for the inconvenience, but there is no way around this.

I have updated the AS Bronco X support forum with this info.

Best regards
FinnJ (Aerosoft developer)

VCN-1
June 28th, 2012, 04:07
Besides the MP function does the patch add anything else?

VCN-1

griphos
June 28th, 2012, 08:02
I'm also wondering if the MP functionality update in this patch addresses the flooding this aircraft causes on servers. It's an incredible airplane, but fixing its ability to share cockpits doesn't help much if the plane still floods servers.

Wothan
June 28th, 2012, 09:12
I'm also wondering if the MP functionality update in this patch addresses the flooding this aircraft causes on servers. It's an incredible airplane, but fixing its ability to share cockpits doesn't help much if the plane still floods servers.

No new features has been added.

The whole cause of this update was packet flooding - this has been fixed, even to the extend that it can be used in share cockpit as long as both pilots disabeles the interactive checklist as described in the readme.

We would really have liked to keep the checklist also functioning in shared cockpit, but the xml code for it is so huge that sharing it causes CTD's.

One of the benefits slimlining the code to prevent packet flooding is that You will experience a gain in FPS, especially You will feel it when turning on the GPS in map mode.

FinnJ
(Aerosoft developer)

griphos
June 28th, 2012, 09:57
That is very good news! Thanks very much for your attention to this issue. Very much looking forward to flying this wonderful plane in MP now.

StormILM
June 28th, 2012, 11:54
Sorry for the inconvenience, but there is no way around this.

I have updated the AS Bronco X support forum with this info.

Best regards
FinnJ (Aerosoft developer)

I got everything sorted out and all works fine now. As I noted before, I should have known better before I launched the patch installer to backup the basic things that might get overwritten. Is why I have learned to be a little leery of auto installers where I can't view the contents first. Minor snafu's aside, good job on the update. Can tell the improvement immediately!

:applause: