PDA

View Full Version : CAF Camo C-130H (for CS-130X)

RCAF_Gunner
December 29th, 2008, 11:30
I always wanted a nice camo version of the Hercules for the Canadian Armed Forces. Thanks to Captain Sim's 24-hour sale and David (Dax) Sweetman's wonderful repaint, I have one now. :applause:

Dax has many nice repaints for the Hercules over at Avsim so I figured with all the new CS130X owners here others might want to check them out.

JimC1702
December 29th, 2008, 11:32
I was browsing the repaints available at AVSIM today (when I was supposed to be working). I'm downloading the NY National Guard paint as soon as I get home.

EDIT: Here it is, exactly what I was looking for:

Jim

Tweek
December 29th, 2008, 14:20
Downloaded a couple of his Hellenic Air Force and RAF paints earlier. Annoyingly the props on the RAF versions seem to be solid, so I'll have to find a way around that.

Marlin
December 29th, 2008, 14:35
Yes there are some really nice ones out there. If you see McPhat, you are almost gaurenteeeeeeed a great paint job.

However, I never have been able to find any Israel paint jobs. Strange, as I know they have a handfull of them.

So if you find any please let me know.
Thank you and have a great day! :ernae:

Oh, by the way congrats on your major score!

Brian_Gladden
December 29th, 2008, 14:45
How is the CS-X C-130 on framerates? My system is pretty low spec so that is an issue for me.

I'm running the areosoft twotter fine so if someone had both, they could compare for me.

Brian

Marlin
December 29th, 2008, 15:14
My system isn't that good at all, yet it pushes it right down the freeway of life just fine.

Are you betting 10 bucks that it won't, only to find out later (after 80 bucks) that it will?

Really, you should be alright.

Railrunner130
December 30th, 2008, 13:48
Brian, the FS-X version is a bit of a pig.

As far as the Canadian Herks are concerned, I'd love to see the dark grey scheme.

RCAF_Gunner
December 30th, 2008, 18:53
I can run FSX fairly well but not all out on my system. I actually find the FSX native version pretty good on frame rates given its size and the complexity of the gauge programming, etc. If has just a ton of gauges and switches spread among several panels as well as throughout the VC.

I own the FS9 version and the FS9 extra packs, the FSX base pack and now the FSX Pro pack and believe the FSX version runs better in its native environment then the FS9 version did in its native environment when FS9 was a challenge to run full out on my older hardware (much like FSX is now on my new hardware). It does pull the frame rate down a bit compared to other smaller but similarly detailed models. I only dip below 20fps when I'm in very dense scenery (i.e. I noticed it for the first time this morning while flying an IFR route into an airport in Paris, France and having all the other city scenery objects as well as three large airports all in close proximity) and I can generally maintain above 30fps with the Herc. The FSX version adds some animations, such as the radome, that aren't available on the FS9 version.

The reason I got the Pro pack even though I already had the Base pack is I wanted the H model, the L-100-30 (stretched H) model which are part of the current CAF CC-130 fleet and the J model since Canada is getting them in 2010.

The C-130E model, included in the Base pack and the Pro pack, comes with a CAF grey paint scheme amongst several other stock liveries. I'm attaching a few jpg images of the CAF scheme which have been resized to meet the forum limits but otherwise unedited. The jpgs don't look as crisp as bmps do to my eye but I think you'll still get a sense of the quality of the bundled paints. CS has several screen shots of the interior and exterior on their product page too.

Rick

Roger
December 30th, 2008, 18:58
Same as you I had the base pack but for Euro 9.99 I couldn't pass up the opportunity to own the whole thing and great it is too.

Brian_Gladden
December 30th, 2008, 19:03
Hmmm, Well since I can only get 20 fps with a default plane like the goose in areas away from any signifigant AI I guess I'll shy away from this bird. Maybe I should see if the Alpha Sim Herk works okay with a few panel mods and other tweaks.

Brian

JimC1702
December 31st, 2008, 07:36
Brian,

I was using the Alphasim C-130 prior to getting the CS version. I found an FSX panel on either AVSIM or FlightSim.com and it worked fairly well in FSX.

Jim

Dax_Blaster
January 11th, 2009, 11:31
Yes there are some really nice ones out there. If you see McPhat, you are almost gaurenteeeeeeed a great paint job.

However, I never have been able to find any Israel paint jobs. Strange, as I know they have a handfull of them.

So if you find any please let me know.
Thank you and have a great day! :ernae:

Oh, by the way congrats on your major score!

Hi Guys.
Glad you are enjoying my repaints. Just wanted to let you know I'm in the middle of a set of Israeli Air Force repaints at the moment. Working on a E / H / T and KC-130's.

Screenshots are here

http://www.mcphatstudios.net/index.php?/8-Previews-and-sneaks/3824-ReIsraeli-Air-Force-C-130E-/-H-/-T-KC-WIP.html#3824

Dax