lazarus
June 26th, 2012, 00:56
concurent with the Ducks. Airspeed Ayrshire C Mk.I68115

lazarus
June 26th, 2012, 00:58
Westland-Agusta Sioux AH's and HT's6811668117

lazarus
June 26th, 2012, 01:13
and a dynamic scenery for AICarriers, that places a forward airstrip with all the amenities( C3I, engineering services, fuel, re-arming, air defence and air field defence units, mess, medical ect) There is a British and Luftwaffe version in progress as well.68118681196812068121

delta_lima
June 26th, 2012, 15:05
Clever use of the technology - if I understand it ...

So are these bases actually "boats" that you set in motion, like a carrier, in a given direction? So that when you return from a sortie an hour later, the base will have moved forward at whatever speed?

I guess you can't prevent your base to slowly ram it's way through the autogen, or other scenery, though, right? Or am I missing something.

Something like this could be good for a WWII North Africa running battle scenery, where my aforementioned concern would be far less an issue. Would be nice if, like a ship, they left a "wake" - aka tracks - so for aerial reconnaisance, you could follow the tracks for a while till you found the vehicles themselves.

Might be fun if they were also put on predetermined tracks - so that we download them, and have a general idea where they are, but the hunting for them becomes a bit of an adventure ... just some ideas.

DL

dharris
June 26th, 2012, 16:35
concurent with the Ducks. Airspeed Ayrshire C Mk.I68115

Nicely done, you can never have enough triple tails!

lazarus
June 26th, 2012, 17:34
quote:Nicely done, you can never have enough triple tails!

Too right! Airspeed Admiral68181

lazarus
June 26th, 2012, 17:56
Clever use of the technology - if I understand it ...

So are these bases actually "boats" that you set in motion, like a carrier, in a given direction? So that when you return from a sortie an hour later, the base will have moved forward at whatever speed?

I guess you can't prevent your base to slowly ram it's way through the autogen, or other scenery, though, right? Or am I missing something.

Something like this could be good for a WWII North Africa running battle scenery, where my aforementioned concern would be far less an issue. Would be nice if, like a ship, they left a "wake" - aka tracks - so for aerial reconnaisance, you could follow the tracks for a while till you found the vehicles themselves.

Might be fun if they were also put on predetermined tracks - so that we download them, and have a general idea where they are, but the hunting for them becomes a bit of an adventure ... just some ideas.

DL

Hey DL. You can quite happily run vehicles with AICarriers, I'm running a couple of 'LRP's' and LRDG's with Hamas K2's and Piglets CMP desert patrol. Right now, the 'instant airstrip' is static as the vehicle scenery objects are off axis and refuse to transform. Some of the objects are oriented the right way and can be driven around with AICarriers. They will cope with terrain just fine, but will drive through autogen and scenery objects. I did a couple of formations with Bruce Fitzgeralds M-1 and Hummers converted to AI. Good fun for the battlefield helio drivers. I've been tooling around with adding some units in contact a few clicks away from the airstrip scenery. Right now, I'm looking for some axis tanks. Might have to stand in the type 4's from the pacific scenery. I've the SDKF's and Kubel's from Ians scenery objects, though the blitz's are missing textures. Its a different way to approach scenery objects on the fly. As for tracks. No idea. It can be done, I just have not got there yet. Having them leave tracks would require a clever effects guru. Way above my paygrade!68183

lazarus
June 27th, 2012, 11:37
Almost ready. 68225