PDA

View Full Version : Korean Mustangs

gavinc
December 29th, 2008, 10:50
Haul yourselves over to the Dark Side (CFS3)

Once there you will find Korean Skies
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/~dakota/pages/bo-aircraft.shtml

Andrew Wai (in a fit of what in hindsight can only describe as brilliance) mapped his P-51D textures to the CFS3 MS default P-51.

As a result these beautiful skins by the Dogpatch Crew fit Andrews bird beautifully (with the application of a tiny bit of work).

USAF, RAAF, SAAF & RoKAF skins are all available.

Gavin

Blue Devil
December 29th, 2008, 13:06
Haul yourselves over to the Dark Side (CFS3)

Sure thing G, ...nice skins, ...nothing like this 1%/ACM converted Alpha, ...be right over...thanks.

(when I'm finished kneelin' on broken glass...)

bearcat241
December 29th, 2008, 13:48
Yes indeed, the CFS2 AW Stang does the CFS3 skins very well...here's one of my favs, "with the application of a tiny bit of work" :wavey:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v85/bearcat241/0020.jpg

Tango_Romeo
December 29th, 2008, 14:21
As a result these beautiful skins by the Dogpatch Crew fit Andrews bird beautifully (with the application of a tiny bit of work). Gavin

....I get all excited, Gav, please define with the application of a tiny bit of work. You too, BC. :wavey:

bearcat241
December 29th, 2008, 14:43
Well TR, the CFS3 stocker's texture mapping isn't identical to the CFS2 AW model, but actually about 95%. So with a little paintshop work on the add-on CFS3 textures you can repaint the small parts that are left unmapped. Its actually easier than it sounds. Once you convert the CFS3 dds textures to bmps and load them onto the CFS2 model, you can see the small parts that need touch-up - IIRC the missed parts are mostly confined to the wing root fairing, canopy and belly (i did the "SuSu" last year sometime, so i can't remember all).

Once you ID the missed parts visually, you go back to the textures themselves and do a little cutting, pasting and light brushwork to color the undone parts.

Still need to finish the insignia on the SuSu...never got back to that.

gavinc
December 30th, 2008, 01:06
Sure thing G, ...nice skins, ...nothing like this 1%/ACM converted Alpha, ...be right over...thanks.

Thanks for reminding me - I had forgotten that there were Korean war skins for the AS bird

(when I'm finished kneelin' on broken glass...)
What you do when you aren't flight simming is no one's business but your own - we don't judge here

gavinc
December 30th, 2008, 01:13
Well TR, the CFS3 stocker's texture mapping isn't identical to the CFS2 AW model, but actually about 95%. So with a little paintshop work on the add-on CFS3 textures you can repaint the small parts that are left unmapped. Its actually easier than it sounds. Once you convert the CFS3 dds textures to bmps and load them onto the CFS2 model, you can see the small parts that need touch-up - IIRC the missed parts are mostly confined to the wing root fairing, canopy and belly (i did the "SuSu" last year sometime, so i can't remember all).

Once you ID the missed parts visually, you go back to the textures themselves and do a little cutting, pasting and light brushwork to color the undone parts.

Still need to finish the insignia on the SuSu...never got back to that.

What he said.

In fact since most of these skins are "brushed aluminum" the mis-mapped bits aren't really noticable. The big part of the work is to get the files and then extract the dds bitmap (all the exterior painting is on one sheet) pull it into dxtbmp and then save it as a dxt1 bmp.

Gavin