PDA

View Full Version : could someone tell me where to stick this has no read me file

rocketred
June 25th, 2012, 13:46
italianartcomp

could someone tell me where to stick this has no read me file

tks

joshua

Capt. Winters
June 25th, 2012, 13:49
Hi Joshua,

a bit more info mate? where did you download it? what section was it in on the download page? a screen shot maybe of the file contents. or even a list of the file contents with extension names i.e. my_mystery_file.dds to give us a clue as to what the files are supposed to do.

with just a name, I cant help, but others maybe able to.

regards Rob.

rocketred
June 25th, 2012, 18:03
Hi Joshua,

a bit more info mate? where did you download it? what section was it in on the download page? a screen shot maybe of the file contents. or even a list of the file contents with extension names i.e. my_mystery_file.dds to give us a clue as to what the files are supposed to do.

with just a name, I cant help, but others maybe able to.

regards Rob.

sorry heres the information

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/images/ldm-silk-icons/lock.png italiansartcomplete.zip

This is a CFS3 skins package that was originally posted on the Netwings site. They were intended for stock CFS3 and/or CFS3 with Firepower ONLY. Nothing has been modified in any way and it is still in it's original *.zip file. Here is the README for full acknowledgement:

There is no README with this package.

Daiwilletti
June 25th, 2012, 19:27
Hi Joshua,

the dds files for noseart can go in the shared folder. Ideally you should have a .bmp file for each dds file, in a square low res format (from memory 128x128 - or smaller?), to go under the italian path of the Uires folder in the main root of the install. IIRC the .bmp files have the same name except for the extension (dds or bmp). That means you can choose the noseart if you want to individualise your plane in a campaign or summat like that....

Without the bmp files, you cannot select the noseart to slap on the plane and the noseart will just appear randomly when Italian aircraft spawn.

NB just check the format of the bmp files already in the Uires folder, to find out what the format should be.

cheers,
D

rocketred
June 25th, 2012, 20:09
thank yee , your web site also looking good , cant wait for your future updates

many tks

joshua