PDA

View Full Version : A suggestion to developers

jeansy
June 22nd, 2012, 16:39
Hey Devs

Firstly I want apologise, I'm sending this from the ph before I forget this train of thought, so please bare with the format

Can I make a suggestion, we are seeing more and more aircraft with turrets

some of these have animated turrets but there are a large number that are fixed

While I'm no developer, I understand adding automatic animations can be somewhat difficult

Could it be possible to consider in future releases, adding movement to the turrets with key assignments such as the spotlight movement or even better animated

For your consideration

thefrog
June 23rd, 2012, 00:08
Hi
I was wondering what 'turrents' are?
Dave

jeansy
June 23rd, 2012, 01:38
Hi
I was wondering what 'turrents' are?
Dave

sorry dave, i mean gun turrets, i was ay work and it was a spare of a moment thing and i was pressed for time

glennc
June 23rd, 2012, 06:23
The A2A B-17 has them. They are an option that has to be turned on and off because you don't want someone in the ball turret during a landing.

Glenn

Francois
June 23rd, 2012, 06:46
We have 'em in the new Lockheed Hudson. They move with the rudder and elevator controls and navigator can be moved before take-off and landing ;-)

Barnes
June 23rd, 2012, 10:01
Another dev connected turret movement to controls and it looked very artificial and i seem to recal got a lot of complaints from purchasers - i cant remember what it was now but i recal they disabled them because of the vocal opposition!

Jeansy's suggestion is a good one if it could be achieved.

TARPSBird
June 23rd, 2012, 10:14
For animated turrets I'd prefer they just have a random rotation in flight (pretty much like pilot's and copilot's heads), then centerlined when the flaps and/or wheels come down.

Francois
June 23rd, 2012, 11:04
Too late :icon_lol::icon_lol:

Barnes
June 23rd, 2012, 20:41
Thats a pitty

Francois
June 23rd, 2012, 23:27
There's always the possibility of 'updates'. But at some point one must make choices, stop developing and start producing.......

Barnes
June 23rd, 2012, 23:46
I cannot disagree with you as you are one of the best devs :salute:

Francois
June 24th, 2012, 03:10
You may always disagree :-) But Thank You nonetheless ! :wavey: