PDA

View Full Version : curses Red Baron!

Motormouse
June 22nd, 2012, 08:25
In case no-one has noticed, a couple of repaints for Dave Eckert's Sopwith Camel
have been posted over at Simviation. I'll post up a screenie when I get back home for weekend.

Ttfn

Pete

frihjul92
June 24th, 2012, 03:17
Brown version has Alpha issues, have managed to correct them
but still have chrome exhaust and rigging wires. Anyone know where they are located?
camel7.bmp also requires flipping vertically.

William :salute:

Motormouse
June 24th, 2012, 08:00
Brown version has Alpha issues, have managed to correct them
but still have chrome exhaust and rigging wires. Anyone know where they are located?
camel7.bmp also requires flipping vertically.

William :salute:

Easy way is to copy alpha channel from Dave Eckerts original texture set, then reimport using dxtbmp

Ttfn

Pete

frihjul92
June 24th, 2012, 09:39
[Easy way is to copy alpha channel from Dave Eckerts original texture set, then reimport using dxtbmp

Never thought of that, all well now.

Thanks

William

pfflyers
June 24th, 2012, 12:13
To get that Brown texture to look right requires some familiarity with DXTbmp. I went in and flipped the alphas that were upside down and flipped the camel_7 bitmap. Thanks for the tip on copying the camel_1 alpha, looks better to me. Then I took the shine off the engine cowl, didn't care for the high reflectivity on a painted surface, just my taste.

Those repaints are quite nice, except for those little niggles. I'm surprised I hadn't seen a Roy Brown repaint before, I'd have thought that would be a no-brainer (unless I missed a previous release).