PDA

View Full Version : Minnasota ANG P-51D?

skyhawka4m
June 19th, 2012, 20:40
Here is one I am praying will be done some day.......especially if WBS does it with the large fuel tanks....Bomber knnows what I'm talking about!

http://www.midwaysailor.com/photos/mustang-mnang.html

DaveQ
June 20th, 2012, 01:05
It is a great paint scheme and thanks for the link. I remember toying with the idea of putting it on the A2A WOP2 Mustang but never got around to it. I understand Warbirdsim may be preparing a set of post-war models; hopefully one that can accurately represent 44-75024 will be among them. I would certainly give it a go if they do! .

Regards

DaveQ

Bone
June 20th, 2012, 02:27
I would be happy if someone painted up the 'Little Friends II" model in a post war USAF/ANG scheme. Even though it may not be technically correct, I just don't plan on spending $30 on each model that comes out in which a follow on period is represented. John is a great craftsman who really pays attention to detail, and I know that the 1940's Mustang is slightly different than the early 1950's Mustang, which is slightly different than the late 1950's/early 1960's Mustang...but for me, they just aren't different enough to keep paying for over and over.